• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

... And then the Earth blew up

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, I watched the first half of The Proposal a while ago, and really enjoyed it. The filmmakers did a terrific job of putting Bullock and Reynolds at odds, and their confrontational chemistry was genuinely funny; I really enjoyed watching them snipe at each other, and might well have enjoyed it if they fell into some really kinky sex-friendship. Sex for sex's sake, that might gradually evolve into something more after lots of shagging.

Alas, that's not what happens. After almost exactly an hour, the writers start to warm them up to each other, and the funny immediately dies. So did everyone, in the sense that I stopped watching.

... Anyone else see where I'm going here? You could be watching The Proposal, everything seems more or less normal, and then, to put the capper on the movie's first awkward/totally failed moment (IIRC, Betty White's stupid Native American dance)...

170743-earth_blows_up_super.jpg

Specifically, I was thinking of using the Vogon
destruction of Earth - the period and visuals would,
I think, fit pretty well.

Anyone else have any "... and then the Earth blew up/the asteroid hit/the nuke went off" ideas? Movies that start out strong, and don't need much if any modification until such time as they fail beyond all hope of recovery? :)

Is there a fan edit idea in here somewhere?:-?

Take a movie, add the Vogon's destruction of Earth scene/final shot partway through, then fade to credits over an appropriately somber music cue... is this not a fan edit idea? :)

Oh, I guess I didn't understand that bit. And then you asked if anyone had similar ideas. I don't know, seems like a General FE discussion topic rather than a fan edit idea topic. I think this forum is for specific ideas...

If you want this thread as as discussion of your specific edit idea, it makes sense here. Otherwise, if you want it to be a more general discussion of movies your idea could be applied to, I think I'll move it. Which do you prefer?

I defer to you on this. :)

Fair enough :)

Moved.

Gaith said:
Anyone else have any "... and then the Earth blew up/the asteroid hit/the nuke went off" ideas? Movies that start out strong, and don't need much if any modification until such time as they fail beyond all hope of recovery? :)
[/align]

How about Watchmen, right near the end there when the guys are at antarctica and Dr. manhattan is abot to kill the "villian" and the villian grab the remote to turn on the tv's but instead of it showing how everything is blamed on dr. manhatten the tv's instead show the holocaust?

Gaith said:
the movie's first awkward/totally failed moment (IIRC, Betty White's stupid Native American dance)...

I love the dance, thank you, especially when Sandra joins in and start singing about bitches and balls. :thumb:

Rogue-theX said:
How about Watchmen, right near the end there when the guys are at antarctica and Dr. manhattan is abot to kill the "villian" and the villian grab the remote to turn on the tv's but instead of it showing how everything is blamed on dr. manhatten the tv's instead show the holocaust?
... and then the Vogons blow up the planet? Not sure I follow you here, or that you follow moi... ;-)

Ah, yeah... Forgot that the planet had to blow up :p

Well...only if you want to stay on-topic ;)

... And, if these ideas-discussions might describe potential True Fan Edits. IMO, barely touching an hour-long block of movie, no matter how radical that which comes after, is iffy enough. ;-)

Then again, if the Ebert-Inspired Psycho cut can qualify... :-D

Come to think of it, The Expendables would make a good ...ATtEBU edit. Nothing that comes after Rourke's mid-movie speech in any way improves upon or even matches that which came before, so right as he finishes his bone-chilling monologue, and we see Stallone stewing over his words... BOOM!!! :-D

Gaith said:
Take a movie, add the Vogon's destruction of Earth scene/final shot partway through, then fade to credits over an appropriately somber music cue... is this not a fan edit idea? :)

The movie Ronin is perfect for this. The first half is great. It falls apart and turns to shit after they realize the KGB guy burned them and that the briefcase they had was a fake and was a bomb.

Haven't seen that one, but it's nice to have a co-conspirator on this thread! :D

Gatos said:
The movie Ronin is perfect for this. The first half is great. It falls apart and turns to shit after they realize the KGB guy burned them and that the briefcase they had was a fake and was a bomb.
Hmmm...I remember really liking Ronin...but to each his/her own.

Gaith said:
Come to think of it, The Expendables would make a good ...ATtEBU edit. Nothing that comes after Rourke's mid-movie speech in any way improves upon or even matches that which came before, so right as he finishes his bone-chilling monologue, and we see Stallone stewing over his words... BOOM!!! :-D
Awesome. :D

I nominate Wall-E for this. Just as they're leaving Earth...BOOM!

Kevinicus said:
I nominate Wall-E for this. Just as they're leaving Earth...BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!
Fixed.

Back
Top Bottom