• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

An error message in Vegas when rendering 5.1 audio...

WitchDR

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi!
I'm trying to render out 5.1 audio and every edit I've done I always use Wave (Microsoft) -> 48.000 Hz, 16 Bit, 5.1, PCM than customize it to 24 Bit.

But every time I go to render the audio I get an error message that states "An error occurred while creating the media file XXXXXXXXXX.wav, the file being rendered has exceeded the maximum size allowed for the selected format"

It will let me render the audio as 48.000 Hz, 8 Bit, 5.1, PCM, but the quality takes a huge nose dive.

I tried using other formats but the only available options that match the audio project settings are "ATRAC Audio, Sony Wave64, and Wave (Microsoft). Not very familiar with the other two options, but they don't seem to be very friendly to use.

I'd like to continue to use .wav since it's easier to stitch to the accompanying MP4 video file.

The properties of the audio I'm trying to render is AAC, 772kbps, 6 channels, 48kHz.

I'm still very new to 5.1 editing so any help with making this setting work or a push in a different direction would be very helpful!

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WAV files cannot exceed 4gb in size.
The WAV format is limited to files that are less than 4 GiB, because of its use of a 32-bit unsigned integer to record the file size header. Although this is equivalent to about 6.8 hours of CD-quality audio (44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo), it is sometimes necessary to exceed this limit, especially when greater sampling rates, bit resolutions or channel count are required. The W64 format was therefore created for use in Sound Forge. Its 64-bit header allows for much longer recording times. The RF64 format specified by the European Broadcasting Union has also been created to solve this problem.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What I do, in case it's of any help, is exporting the six tracks as individual mono .wav files, and then convert them into a 5.1 AC3 file using Audacity.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe you can also export flac files and then do conversions if needed.

Top Bottom