• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Amleth's Saga - The Northman Extended Edition Edits by Fran Garcia (COMPLETED)

Finally, I have finished the bulk of the Amleth’s Saga edit.

The whole movie has been colour graded scene by scene and all the the deleted scenes have been reinstated.

I have trimmed some scenes and also I have reordered a couple of sequences. My goal is to remove the ambiguous “supernatural” touch that was left in the original cut.

I have divided the edit in 5 acts, like the classic play of Hamlet, each one with a title.

Hopefully, by the end of this week, both edits will be released:

- Amleth’s Saga - “Supernatural” edit.

- The Northman - Extended Edition.

Both edits will be released in 4K and 1080p, with Audio 5.1 and subtitles (English & Spanish-Castillian).
Frankly, I quite liked the supernatural bits, but I can't wait to see these new versions of this great film!

Finally, after some issues I have been able to finish the audio and the subtitles for both edits.

When doing the subtitles, I have noticed that there are a few issues with some transitions and the new colour grading, so I am correcting/fixing them right now.

In the meantime, I have prepared a trailer for the Amleth's Saga edit.

Basically, it is the The Northman second trailer that was released, with some tweaks and scenes added.

The music track "Hakkerskaldyr by Heilung" for that trailer was a great choice.

Here is the trailer:

Version D is my favorite, but both in versions C and D the music fadeout when it cuts to outside is a bit too abrupt. Would need to be a bit longer, I think.
In that case I'd use what is known as an L-cut, so right before he cuts the dweller's head off, you cut to black, but keep the sound, and then show him holding the sword. It should make for a much smoother transition.

Can't wait to see how this turns out, The Northman was my absolute favourite film of the year! I saw it in theatres and pre-ordered the 4K steelbook the minute I got out :D

Finally, after some issues I have been able to finish the audio and the subtitles for both edits.

When doing the subtitles, I have noticed that there are a few issues with some transitions and the new colour grading, so I am correcting/fixing them right now.

In the meantime, I have prepared a trailer for the Amleth's Saga edit.

Basically, it is the The Northman second trailer that was released, with some tweaks and scenes added.

The music track "Hakkerskaldyr by Heilung" for that trailer was a great choice.

Here is the trailer:

WOW!

I have been editing one deleted scene that I want to insert in my edit, it is an alternate version of the Servants of Freyr scene that it is already on the original cut.

The problem with the deleted scene is the light and the colour grading, the one in the original cut when Amleth is entering in the temple it was blue tinted, like if it was filmed during the blue hour and the one that it was not used looks like that it was filmed during the golden hour, so I had to colour grade the previous scenes in order to make them fit in tone and colour with the deleted scene.

I am using this deleted scene because it has the "fantasy/supernatural" touch that I want to use in my edit.

I am not sure if I will use it on the Extended Cut edit.

Servants of Freyr Scene:

Damn that was cool, makes you wonder why they cut it.

WOW!

Damn that was cool, makes you wonder why they cut it.
True.

I think that they wanted to leave the movie with an ambiguous tone.

Like the scene with the Mound Dweller, at the end it looks like that he has not fought with him.

Still rendering both edits.

In the meantime, here is the poster for the Amleth's Saga edit:

full

Finally, after some issues I have been able to finish the render of both edits.

Now, I am uploading them and tomorrow in the morning I will submit both and I will update this thread as "COMPLETED" and start two new threads on the respective sections.

Here is the poster for the Extended Edition:

full

Last edited:
All right, I just watched the original movie, and now I am so hypoed for this cut! And that trailer is awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom