• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spark of Life, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
An amazing edit, turning an okay film to wonderful! Bobson trimmed, added, moved around and replaced many scenes and shots, yet the result flows smoothly. I felt that most trims were definitely justified, and that they improved both the narrative and Peter's likeability. I especially appreciated how removing the Shared Universe buildup (Sinister Six stuff, Peter's parents) streamlines the plot, how gently trimming some of Peter's scenes make him less whiny and temper-tantrum-y, but rather more relatable, and how cutting or replacing silly things (tooth gap, ringtone) can improve the general tone of the film. While most of the film is technically amazing (as generally always with Bobson's edits), there were two technical issues that surprised me. The first is a total audio mute, as dingo mentioned in their review, that takes place at the 57th minute mark (between 57:04-08). I thought I was crazy, but it is really there. I hope it will be quickly corrected. The second issue is a slightly underwhelming audio transition at 1:12:13 - from really tense to strangely calm. I know it is a result of trimming some Ravencroft scenes, but the result felt a bit odd to me. All in all - this is a fantastic and impressive edit, and definitely makes this film watchable.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom