• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Alternate track listings

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone have any alternate track listings for their albums they prefer hearing over the original track listing?

Here's my alternate track listing for In Rainbows by Radiohead.

1. 15 Step
2. Bodysnatchers
3. All I Need
4. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
5. Nude
6. House of Cards
7. Bangers + Mash (from the bonus disc)
8. Reckoner
9. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
10. Faust Arp
11. Videotape

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember I got an early advance copy of Hot Water Music - The New What Next, and it was awesome. Then when I bought the album they changed it around, and it didn't have nearly the same effect. I still listen to the advance disc because the order is so great. I'll have to dig it up.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you find that HWM promo let me know because I love that album but agree that the flow is a little odd.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My custom track listing for In Rainbows disc 2:

1. Down Is The New Up
2. Up On the Ladder
3. MK 1
4. Go Slowly
5. Last Flowers
6. MK 2
7. 4 Minute Warning

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I suppose Led Zeppelin have been playing with track listings every-time they release a new Re-Mastered Set, a Greatest Hits, a Greatest Hits Re-mastered Double Disc Set, a Special Edition Re-Mastered Greatest Hits or a Re-Mastered Special Edition Box Set Re-Mastered Remixed Greats Hits.

Only the track listings of the original albums work, still nice to know that the impoverished band it making at least some money from its fans.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just put my cds in alphabetical order and in doing so one "discography" cd I found (chokehold) and put back in order because the label mixed up all the recording sessions to one big mess. A similar action was taken with the Absolution discography

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostcut said:
My custom track listing for In Rainbows disc 2:

1. Down Is The New Up
2. Up On the Ladder
3. MK 1
4. Go Slowly
5. Last Flowers
6. MK 2
7. 4 Minute Warning

i've never heard the bonus disc :-(

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, the advance promo copy of Hot Water Music - The New What Next had the following tracklisting. I strongly recommend checking this out elbarto1, makes the album flow 100 times better. I still dont know why they changed from this. :-?

1. Keep It Together[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  2. The End of the Line[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  3. Bottomless Seas[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  4. All Heads Down[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  5. The Ebb and Flow[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  6. My Little Monkey Wrench[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  7. Under Everything[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  8. Ink & Lead[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  9. Poison[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  10. This Early Grave[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  11. Giver[/*:m:3vruxxj7]
  12. There Are Already Roses[/*:m:3vruxxj7]

just changing the opener to Keep It Together is a whole lot better.

EDIT: lol, I should have just checked on Wikipedia first before skipping through the CD. check it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_What_Next

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sweet, re-ordering tracks and burning now!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
sweet, re-ordering tracks and burning now!

great!! let me know what you think. to me its one of my favorite albums, and its amazing how much the order of the songs really changes the flow and experience.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've created a second alternate track listing for In Rainbows, mixing together the original and the bonus disc.

1. MK 1
2. 15 Step
3. Bodysnatchers
4. Down Is The New Up
5. All I Need
6. Reckoner
7. Up On The Ladder
8. Bangers + Mash
9. MK 2
10. Go Slowly
11. Nude
12. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
13. Faust Arp
14. Last Flowers
15. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
16. House of Cards
17. Videotape
18. 4 Minute Warning

This brings the album up to just over 1 hour.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Hail to the Thief" by Radiohead is a really, really, really BORING album. Some really dreary songs and even worse diction than usual when it comes to the singing. Yet I find it much less painfully dull to listen to by omitting around every other track.

My new track listing is:

1. 2 + 2 = 5
2. Sail to the Moon.
3. Go To Sleep.
4. We Suck Young Blood.
5. There There.
6. I Will.
7. A Punchup At A Wedding.
8. Myxomatosis.
9. Scatterbrain.
10. A Wolf At The Door.

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sure some of us has wondered what the results would be of taking the best songs of Kid A & Amnesiac & turning them into one album. Well here's my crack at it.

On my iPod I call the compilation The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time, cause I'm a bit sad like that. :lol:
1. Everything In It's Right Place
2. Pyramid Song
3. The National Anthem
4. How To Disappear Completely
5. I Might Be Wrong
6. Optimistic
7. You And Whose Army?
8. Idioteque
9. Morning Bell (Kid A Version)
10. Life In A Glass House

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've always preferred the Australian version of AC/DC's High Voltage to the US release. Of course it's pretty much a different album entirely.
US
1. It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)
2. Rock 'n' Roll Singer
3. The Jack
4. Live Wire
5. T.N.T.
6. Can I Sit Next to You Girl - AC/DC, Scott, Bon
7. Little Lover
8. She's Got Balls
9. High Voltage

Australian
1. Baby, Please Don't Go (4:40) written by Scott/Young/Young
2. She's Got Balls (4:51) written by Scott/Young/Young
3. Little Lover (5:37) written by Scott/Young/Young
4. Stick Around written by Scott/Young/Young
5. Soul Stripper (6:23) written by Scott/Young/Young
6. You Ain't Got a Hold on Me written by Scott/Young/Young
7. Love Song (4:02) written by Scott/Young/Young
8. Show Business (4:43) written by Scott/Young/Young
However, there is also the Australian AC/DC album T.N.T. (far closer to the normal High Voltage tacklisting)
1. It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll) (5:15)
written by Scott/Young/Young
2. Rock 'n' Roll Singer (5:04) written by Scott/Young/Young
3. The Jack (5:51) written by Scott/Young/Young
4. Live Wire (5:50) written by Scott/Young/Young
5. T.N.T. (3:34) written by Scott/Young/Young
6. Rocker (2:49) written by Scott/Young/Young
7. Can I Sit Next to You Girl (4:11) written by Scott/Young/Young
8. High Voltage (4:02) written by Scott/Young/Young
9. School Days (5:23) written by Scott/Young/Young
and I have found that combining T.N.T. & High Voltage (Australia) is the way to go.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A thread for posting proposed custom tracklistings to alter existing albums in some way. It's sorta like fanediting but using an iTunes playlist instead of a NLE ;-).

I mentioned starting this thread here the other day...

TM2YC said:
I was also wondering if we need a "Music Fanediting" thread. For the general discussion of fan re-ordered albums. e.g.

I once made a version of Gram Parsons' 2nd solo LP ('Grievous Angel') to approximate what it might have been like when he finished it (and then died). His Jealous girlfriend removed 3-4 of the tracks, wacked a live medley in there and retitled it from 'Sleepless Nights', mostly an effort to diminish the ammount of Emmylou Harris on there. She even took Emmylou's face and name off the front cover :mad:. This version is even better than the released album IMHO...

Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris: Sleepless Nights
Side One:
1. Return of the Grievous Angel
2. Hearts on Fire
3. Sleepless Nights (*)
4. I Can't Dance
5. Brass Buttons
6. Hickory Wind (*)
Side Two:
7. Ooh Las Vegas
8. Brand New Heartache (*)
9. $1000 Wedding
10. The Angels Rejoiced Last Night (*)
11. Love Hurts
12. In My Hour of Darkness

(* Available on 'The Complete Reprise Sessions' Boxset and the posthumous 'Sleepless Nights' compilation album)

gram-parsons-emmylou-harris-e1393214656358.jpg

I was listening to this ^ "album" driving round to day and it's fab IMHO.

Another "fanedited" album I made was Who's Next, with more of the 'Lifehouse' stuff on (In a narrative order that seemed logical to me)...

TM2YC said:
2962473922_f8500784cf_o.jpg

Side One
1. Baba O’Riley (From the original LP. Recorded at Olympic Studios, May 1971)
2. Water (From the ‘Odds & Sods’ Compilation. Recorded at Eel Pie Studios, May 1970)
3. The Relay (From ‘The Who’s Greatest Hits’ Compilation. Recorded at Olympic Studios, 26th May 1972)
4. I Don’t Even Know Myself (Bonus Track from the 1995 Re-Issue of ‘Who’s Next’. Recorded at Eel Pie Studios, May-June 1970)
5. Let’s See Action (From the ‘My Generation’ Compilation. Recorded at Olympic Studios, May-June 1971)
6. Going Mobile (From the original LP. Recorded at Olympic Studios, May 1971)
7. Bargain (From the original LP. Recorded at Olympic Studios, April-June 1971)
8. Love Ain’t For Keeping (From the original LP. Recorded at Olympic Studios, May 1971)
9. Baby Don’t You Do It (A thrilling cover of a Marvin Gaye song which was a bonus Track from the 1995) Re-Issue of ‘Who’s Next’. Recorded at The Record Plant in New York, 16th March 1971)
10. Naked Eye (From the ‘Odds & Sods’ Compilation. Recorded at Eel Pie Studios, May 1970)

Side Two
1. Join Together (From the ‘My Generation’ Compilation. Recorded at Olympic Studios, 22nd May 1972)
2. Time Is Passing (From the ‘Odds & Sods’ Compilation. Recorded at Olympic Studios, 12th April 1971)
3. Pure & Easy (From the ‘Odds & Sods’ Compilation. Recorded at Olympic Studios, May 1971)
4. Getting In Tune (From the original LP. Recorded at Olympic Studios, May 1971)
5. Too Much Of Anything (Bonus Track from the 1995 Re-Issue of ‘Who’s Next’. Recorded at Olympic Studios, 12th April 1971)
6. Put The Money Down (From the ‘Odds & Sods’ Compilation. Recorded at Olympic Studios, 6th June 1972)
7. Behind Blue Eyes (From the original LP. Recorded at Olympic Studios, May 1971)
8. Won’t Get Fooled Again (From the original LP. Recorded at Stargroves Studios, April 1971)
9. The Song Is Over / Pure & Easy (Reprise) (From the original LP. Recorded at Olympic Studios, May 1971)

Here is a basic plot outline (As I understand it/it makes sense to me):

In a distopian/totalitarian future Britain pollution/radiation is everywhere so the population of Britain sit plugged into ‘Lifesuits’ that simulate life (Like ‘Virtual-Reality’) so that no one need leave their homes. The suits are all connected to ‘The Grid’ (Like the internet) and they provide food/water/entertainment to the user. Up in the Scottish countryside the pollution isn’t as bad, so the food that sustains the Lifesuit users is grown there (‘Baba O’Riley’). One oppressed farming family (‘Water’) hears about a secret concert/festival in London called ‘Lifehouse’ (‘The Relay’) designed to bring back Rock music and awake the masses (‘I Don’t Even Know Myself’). They and others travel to this gig (‘Let’s See Action’, ‘Going Mobile’). Along the way there are various subplots involving romances starting/ending (‘Bargain’, ‘Love Ain’t For Keeping’, ‘Baby Don’t You Do It’, ‘Naked Eye’). At the concert the band (The Who themselves are the group) take vital-statistics from the people and feed them into a computer/synthesiser to generate music in the hope of generating the perfect transcendental note (‘Join Together’). Most embrace this new philosophy (‘Time Is Passing’, ‘Pure & Easy’, ‘Getting In Tune’) but some become disillusioned with the movement the band are starting (‘Too Much Of Anything’, ‘Put The Money Down’). Eventually the authorities surround the “Lifehouse” and try to shut it down. The Leader of the authorities takes to the stage and appeals for the concert goers to leave (‘Behind Blue Eyes’). The band grab the microphone back and defy the Leader (‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’) and when the concert reaches it’s crescendo they succeed in playing the perfect note (Because the people have become at one with the music and the band themselves) and everyone at the concert ascends to a higher plane and escapes the authorities (‘The Song Is Over’).

I was also listening to Paul McCartney's superb reordering of 'Let It Be' yesterday. Which is an official (Sort of) fanedited album :-D, totally replacing Phil Spector/John Lennon's original "basterdised" mix for me. It's better in every conceivable way and might just be my favourite Beatles album.

129444681.CYZsKoAf.BeatlesTheLetItBe___Naked.jpg

I keep meaning to do a single LP version of GNR's 'Use Your Illusion I and II' because it's just way too bloated IMO, despite having many of my favourite songs on.

Anyboy else got custom LP mixes? Or is it just me.

A couple of similar threads from wayback with good stuff in them...

Fanedit Albums?

Double Albums That Should Of Been Single Albums

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not something I came up with, I found an article online talking about it. Take Radiohead's albums "OK Computer" and "In Rainbows" and alternate between the two of them. It's called "Radiohead 0110" or "The Binary Theory".

1. Airbag (OK Computer)
2. 15 Step (In Rainbows)
3. Paranoid Android (OK Computer)
4. Bodysnatchers (In Rainbows)
5. Subterranean Homesick Alien (OK Computer)
6. Nude (In Rainbows)
7. Exit Music (For A Film) (OK Computer)
8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (In Rainbows)
9. Let Down (OK Computer)
10. All I Need (In Rainbows)
11. Karma Police (OK Computer)
12. Fitter Happier (OK Computer)
13. Faust Arp (In Rainbows)
14. Electioneering (OK Computer)
15. Reckoner (In Rainbows)
16. Climbing Up The Walls (OK Computer)
17. House Of Cards (In Rainbows)
18. No Surprises (OK Computer)
19. Jigsaw Falling Into Place (In Rainbows)
20. Lucky (OK Computer)
21. Videotape (In Rainbows)
22. The Tourist (OK Computer)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LOAD and RELOAD by Metallica.
Two amazing but somehow hated albums.
I like pretty much all songs except Hero of the Day (the worst song by this band to my hears. Yes, I like any songs on St Anger better)
But of course I find myself listening to some songs more than others.
Here's what I think is a good assembly of what could be my favorite "LOAD/RELOAD" album in 12 tracks.

The Outlaw Torn - LOAD
Cure - LOAD
Devil's Dance - RELOAD
2 x 4 - LOAD
Until It Sleeps - LOAD
The House Jack Built - LOAD
Ain't My Bitch - LOAD
Prince Charming - RELOAD
Mama Said - LOAD
Bleeding Me - LOAD
Carpe Diem Baby - RELOAD
Fixxxer - RELOAD

Most mid tempo and progressive. Me like a lot.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That Radiohead article is crazy brilliant :).

If you like Prince's 'Sign o' the Times' double-LP (Why wouldn't you?), then checkout the original triple-LP version that the record company sadly refused to release (Called 'Crystal Ball', not to be confused with the compilation of the same name)...

Crystal Ball (30th November 1986)
Side 1:
1. Rebirth of the Flesh
2. Play in the Sunshine
3. Housequake
4. The Ballad of Dorothy Parker.
Side 2:
5. It
6. Starfish and Coffee
7. Slow Love
8. Hot Thing
Side 3:
9. Crystal Ball
10. If I Was Your Girlfriend
11. Rock Hard in a Funky Place
Side 4:
12. The Ball
13. Joy in Repetition
14. Strange Relationship
15. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
Side 5:
16. Shockadelica
17. Good Love
18. Forever in My Life
19. Sign o' the Times
Side 6:
20. The Cross
21. It's Gonna Be a Beautiful Night
22. Adore

It's missing 'U got the look' from SOTT but has 7 additional tracks. IMO they are amongst the best tracks on there. They can be found on these releases (If you want to make a copy)...

Rebirth of the Flesh (Bootleg studio recording available)
Crystal Ball (On the 1998 Crystal Ball compilation)
Rock Hard in a Funky Place (On the 1994 issue of The Black Album)
The Ball (Re-recorded version on the 1988 Lovesexy LP but original bootleg studio recording available)
Joy in Repetition (On the 1990 Graffiti Bridge soundtrack)
Shockadelica (On the 1993 B-Sides compilation)
Good Love (On the 1988 Bright Lights, Big City soundtrack)

Not only that, but some of the tracks from CB and SOTT were originally recorded for a side project called 'Camille' (Prince with sped up vocals to sound more female). For whatever reason he changed his mind and developed CB instead. The tracklisting was...

Camille (5th November 1986)
Side 1:
1. Rebirth Of The Flesh
2. Housequake
3. Strange Relationship
4. Feel U Up
Side 2:
5. Shockadelica
6. Good Love
7. If I Was Your Girlfriend
8. Rockhard In A Funky Place

'Feel U Up' can also be found on the 1993 B-Sides compilation.

I like both unreleased albums and I probably like both more than the official 'Sign o' the Times' release.

Some nice fan sleeves...

34d93fe85fc413b6216a94e2bdc59d5f.jpg

Camille+-+NEW+FRONT2+%283%29.png

Brumous

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
A thread for posting proposed custom tracklistings to alter existing albums in some way. It's sorta like fanediting but using an iTunes playlist instead of a NLE ;-).

Although it's 7 years old, we once had this discussion. I knew I had mentioned the original Hot Water Music - The New What Next track order. And here we are. Carry on. :)

Top Bottom