• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Altering voices in Adobe Audition

Phase3

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello all,

I am new to using Adobe Audition, and was wondering if anyone could please recommend either a good plug-in, or various settings in Audition, that will allow me to alter the voice of a character.
For my Star Wars Episode 2 edit, I previously recorded some dialogue to replicate an alien language, with a view to replacing some dialogue. I'd like to now alter it to sound slightly lighter in tone, as it currently sounds too gruff, and too similar to other recordings I've done for the edit, and to adjust the pitch slightly too.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Depending on how updated your version is, the factory shipped effects are quite powerful. Experiment with the submenus under Effects>Special (esp Guitar Suite and Mastering), and Effects>Time and Pitch. If you want an excellent pro solution, try Antares' suite. They do much more than autotune, though that's what they're known for. They have a plugin called Throat that models different human sound-making organs.

Depending on how updated your version is, the factory shipped effects are quite powerful. Experiment with the submenus under Effects>Special (esp Guitar Suite and Mastering), and Effects>Time and Pitch. If you want an excellent pro solution, try Antares' suite. They do much more than autotune, though that's what they're known for. They have a plugin called Throat that models different human sound-making organs.

Thanks for that! I will look into those too. (y)

Back
Top Bottom