• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alligator: Elongator'd Edition

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
alligator-the-1980-movie.jpg

I'm not quite sure on the title, but I'm taking the movie Alligator and adding in the TV scenes which were remastered for the recent blu ray release. It adds about 8 minutes to the movie and while it isn't essential, it does add a little more to the receding hair storyline that had little to no importance to the overall story and adds to the charm of this silly early 80's horror flick.

The TV version cuts out a lot of gore and a few shots here and there (brief nudity, alligator poop, etc.) as well as changing some dialogue for TV standards. One of the best scenes in the TV cut that was not in the theatrical release is a fake out that involves a mom going inside to answer her ringing phone and leaving her toddler out in a pack and play just before the alligator busts through the yard.

This site goes into a lot more detail and is one of my references for completing this edit: https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=122624

The edit itself should be quick and easy as I'm pretty much just adding in scenes and not needing to remove much at all.

I'm not reinventing the wheel or anything with this lol. This is just for any niche fans of this silly, but charming horror movie and the only way to watch a more complete cut of it. If this has enough interest, I have a grindhouse idea for another time.

Love this, such a fun film and you can't go wrong with Robert Forster! Definitely interested.

Alligator is top-tier B-movie fun, and the creature itself generally holds up really well. It's on my B+ fodder pile.

Looking forward to this! Just curious, what footage is being cut?

Incidentally, I guess someone at movie-censorship.com was feeling cheeky. The heck's going on in this shot?

img-011.jpg

Literally just got the scream factory release through the post today.
This edit sounds great @MusicEd921 !!
I hadn't seen it in years, so when I excitedly sat down to watch it this past weekend, I had a great time and enjoyed it more than I hoped I would. The extra TV scenes really work well as filler material and while not needed, they weren't exactly unneeded either (if that makes sense).

Waiting for the TV cut to finish converting and then diving into the sewers!

Update!

As far as I can tell, all additional footage (totalling a little over 8 minutes) has been added back in. Some required a little more work than I realized and there were a few challenges here and there, but overall this edit is pretty much good to go. Would love a quick preview from someone before I go about the official release. Any takers?

I have to render it still, but it looks like it's about 8.5 gigs and runs just under 99 minutes.

Update!

As far as I can tell, all additional footage (totalling a little over 8 minutes) has been added back in. Some required a little more work than I realized and there were a few challenges here and there, but overall this edit is pretty much good to go. Would love a quick preview from someone before I go about the official release. Any takers?

I have to render it still, but it looks like it's about 8.5 gigs and runs just under 99 minutes.
I'd love to preview this!

To clarify, is this a restoration of the TV cut or is it extending the theatrical by adding the TV scenes in?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom