• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

All-Star Superman Sequel Mashup

AngusBurger22

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

I'm working on a mashup of the Christopher Reeve Superman sequels II, III, and IV. Inspired by Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman comic storyline, the goal is to combine the best (worst) scenes into one 3 hour edit, give or take. It serves as a direct follow up to Superman 1978.
Plot goal:
Superman tossing Lex Luthor's tainted missile into the sun is the catalyst for Nuclear Man, Evil Superman, and the release of Zod, Ursa, and Non from the phantom zone

Purpose:

1. Mashup of Christopher Reeve Superman sequels II, II Donner Cut, III, and IV into one 3-hour film, like a greatest hits package. Inspired by Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman comic storyline.
  2. Serves as a direct follow up to Superman 1978.
  3. Both Lester and Donner scenes of Clark revealing his identity to Lois from Superman II are rejected, in favor of the apartment scene from Superman IV.
  4. Richard Pryor’s character Gus is changed to a cybercriminal scheming with his “friends”, and who also just happens to be a big fan of Superman.
  5. Scenes are rearranged to suggest Nuclear Man causes Superman to turn "Evil" and the Phantom Zone to break.
Note: Actors become noticeably younger as fan edit progresses.

Key:
  • S2LC - Superman II Lester Cut
  • S2DC - Superman II Donner Cut
  • S3 - Superman III
  • S4 - Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Order of events:
  • Zod, Ursa, and Non trial trimmed. Krypton explodes, Superman II title screen - S2DC, S2LC
  • Gus Gorman uses the Vulcan satellite to alter the weather over Colombia - S3
  • Ross, Vera, and Lorelei (Webster Co.) discuss oil plan on their ski mountain building, when Gus tells them about Superman - S3
    • Cut: Gus skiing off the building
  • Gus scans for Kryptonite in space, inadvertently pulls phantom zone closer to Earth – S3, S2DC
  • In jail, Otis mentions to Lex Luthor that Superman flies north sometimes, trimmed - S2LC
  • Superman saves chemical factory near Smallville - S3
    • Cut: Jimmy Olsen
  • Clark Kent attends his high school reunion and goes bowling with Lana Lang, her son, and her son's friends. Brad is there also - S3
  • Back at the Daily Planet, the Warfields restructure the company - S4
    • Cut: Lacy Warfield's interest in Clark
  • Lenny Luthor drives into the prison quarry and breaks out Lex - S4
  • Daily Planet staff turns on the TV. The President announces the nuclear arms race is on. School classroom scene - S4
  • Superman flies to the Fortress of Solitude and consults the memory? of the elder council - S4
  • Lex and Miss Teschmacher snowmobile to the Fortress of Solitude and learn about the Phantom Zone - S2DC for Jor-El, S2LC for Lara
  • Clark watches TV in deep thought, transition to Lois Lane handing Jeremy's letter to Clark - S4
  • Lex and Lenny steal Superman's strand of hair at the museum - S4
  • Superman attends the United Nations summit, declares the nuclear arms race is off and will throw all nuclear weapons into the sun - S4
  • Lex meets with weapons manufacturers and plans to kill Superman. Lex and Lenny do science, trimmed. Lex launches experiment to space via missile, removed weather delays - S4
  • Superman tosses all missiles into the sun. Nuclear Man emerges - S4
  • Superman lands on the moon to straighten the American flag. Nuclear Man tackles him from behind. Superman vs. Nuclear Man Round 1 moon fight, rearranged and trimmed - S4
  • Superman and Nuclear Man fight around the world. Superman is infected and defeated by Nuclear Man - S4
  • Nuclear Man meets Lex and Lenny - S4
  • Gus and Webster Co. run through oil plan with Gus. Gus demands more money - S3
    • Cut: Gus asking for another computer. Assume he’s been upgrading the same supercomputer, which I’ll refer to as Brainiac from here on after
  • Lex takes the profits for himself by threatening his clients with Nuclear Man - S4
  • Evil Superman arrives late to the bridge accident - S3
  • Trimmed helicopter scene. Brainiac computer lights up. Gus stops oil rigs and tankers - S3
  • Evil Superman straightens the Tower of Pisa - S3
  • Evil Superman is seduced by Lorelei on the Statue of Liberty. He punches a hole in an oil tanker, and visits Lorelei again - S3
  • 2 men fight for gas at a station. Gus feels remorse - S3
  • Evil Superman is a jerk at the bar - S3
  • Modified: Lana and Ricky’s dialogue, since they haven’t met Superman
  • Superman drops his cape on the Statue of Liberty - S4
  • Lois quits after Daily Planet releases “Superman Dead” headline and takes Superman's cape. Lois breaks into Clark's apartment and discovers he's Superman. She leaves the cape - S4
  • Nuclear Man is aroused by Lacy's newspaper photo. He crashes into the Daily Planet and kidnaps Lacy – S4
  • Perry assures Clark that Lois will be back. Clark runs outside and turns into Superman - S2LC
  • Superman gets flashbacks to Nuclear Man fight and falls from the sky into a dump - S4, S3
  • Superman vs. Evil Superman. After defeating Evil Superman, Superman blows the oil spill back into the tanker - S3
    • Cut: Webster Co. flying to the cave
  • Superman the video game. Brainiac drains the world's energy. Superman vs. Brainiac - S3
  • City lights back up - S4
  • Restored deleted scene where Nuclear Man is holding Lacy hostage at Lex’s penthouse, then provokes US and USSR military. Superman confronts Lex and Lacy. Lex and Lenny escape – S4
  • Superman vs. Nuclear Man Round 2. Superman traps Nuclear Man in an elevator - S4
  • Superman hurls the elevator into space, and it explodes. Phantom Zone breaks - S2LC
  • Superman fixes the Tower of Pisa - S3
  • Superman makes a hokey speech about peace - S4
  • Kryptonians land on the moon and kill the astronauts. Removed unfunny Houston banter - S2DC
  • Lois and Clark air out their feelings at the Daily Planet - S2LC
  • Kryptonians land on a lake. Ursa discovers heat vision - S2LC
  • Lois and Superman fly to the Fortress of Solitude. Superman recaps his origin, then flies to a rainforest for dinner groceries - S2DC, S2LC
  • 2 cops are stopped by the Kyptonians, trimmed down banter - S2LC, S2DC
  • Lois and Superman have dinner - S2DC
  • Kryptonians terrorize Houston, Ohio - S2LC, S2DC
    • Cut: Zod's telekinetic laser finger
  • Superman gives up his powers. Lois and Clark have sex - S2DC for Jor-El, S2LC for Lara
  • Zod interrogates a general - S2DC
  • Kryptonians desecrate Mt. Rushmore - S2LC
  • Kryptonians trash the White House in all of its uncut glory - S2DC
  • Lois and Clark go to a diner. Rocky harasses Lois and beats up Clark. TV broadcasts Zod at the White House. Clark returns to Fortress of Solitude and finds the green crystal. Trimmed truck passing to suggest it picked him up - S2LC
  • Kal-El's last talk with Jor-El, trimmed - S2DC
  • Lex visits the White House and tells the Kryptonians about Superman / Kal-El. Daily Planet staff are wondering where Superman is - S2LC
  • Kryptonians trash the Daily Planet - S2DC
  • Would you care to step outside? - S2LC
  • Superman vs. Zod, Ursa, and Non Round 1 in Metropolis - S2DC
  • Lex tells Kryptonians about the Fortress of Solitude, and they all fly there - S2DC, S2LC
  • Superman vs. Zod, Ursa, and Non Round 2 Final Fight - S2LC (yes, I kept the cellophane S. Because Family Guy :))
  • Superman destroys the Fortress of Solitude. Lois and Superman talk - S2DC
  • Superman teaches Rocky some manners. Superman fixes the White House roof - S2LC
  • Superman drops Lex back into the prison quarry - S4
  • End credits for IV, III, and II
  • Color gradient alterations made to S2LC and S4

Last edited:
This sounds super ambitious, I love these kind of mashup edits! I've heard of edits mixing these movies together, but I don't think there's yet been an edit that incorporates all of the antagonists from all three movies. Your ideas for intertwining plot elements from the three movies are really cool.
So, Bizarro. I'm not sure I entirely grasp how you're handling that. So rather than Superman turning bad, the bad Superman (now Bizarro) is a separate entity from regular Superman? Are you planning on flipping the shots of him so that the S is backwards? Is there an explanation for him appearing that I missed?
Oh, and are you doing anything special to reframe the computer as Brainiac, or is the name of the computer just not mentioned an it's just to be assumed that it's Brainiac?
I'm really looking forward to this in any case.

This sounds very promising. Avid4D had a "second" Superman movie focusing on what existed of Lester's II, as well as III and IV, but merging that with Donner S II is a very worthy concept. Any plans to include footage from Supergirl?

This sounds super ambitious, I love these kind of mashup edits! I've heard of edits mixing these movies together, but I don't think there's yet been an edit that incorporates all of the antagonists from all three movies. Your ideas for intertwining plot elements from the three movies are really cool.
So, Bizarro. I'm not sure I entirely grasp how you're handling that. So rather than Superman turning bad, the bad Superman (now Bizarro) is a separate entity from regular Superman? Are you planning on flipping the shots of him so that the S is backwards? Is there an explanation for him appearing that I missed?
Oh, and are you doing anything special to reframe the computer as Brainiac, or is the name of the computer just not mentioned an it's just to be assumed that it's Brainiac?
I'm really looking forward to this in any case.

Thanks! Yea, trying do something different. And I'd rather watch all the schlock in one movie, than spread out over 3.

I called Gus' machine Brainiac so i didn't have to keep referring to it as a generic computer. Perhaps I can dig up a soundbite of someone calling it that, or Gus. Most likely i'll leave it as an assumption.

It's still Superman turning bad, but Bizarro is his alter ego. You bring up valid point though,I can see how that's confusing and misleading. when i make the official cut list, I'll refer to the fight as Superman vs. Clark Kent. I've been toying with flipping the image in certain scenes, but have not committed to the backwards S idea yet. May be too excessive to infuse more comic book lore, with everything going on.

As I go through scenes to trim down for pacing, I'll be asking myself - is this too much? the first 20 minutes is already wonky, since I have to introduce several plot elements. At the very least, though it's been done to death, I'll post in a few days my version of "superman gives up his powers" on youtube to start. Also have to mention, I'm a basic cut & paste type of editor.

This sounds very promising. Avid4D had a "second" Superman movie focusing on what existed of Lester's II, as well as III and IV, but merging that with Donner S II is a very worthy concept. Any plans to include footage from Supergirl?
will have to check it out at some point, there's a lot of fantastic work on this site i have yet to discover.

Haven't watched Supergirl yet either, keeps popping up on my HBO Max. I'll take a look tonight. All I know is its notorious reputation.

I'm a basic cut & paste type of editor.
By that, do you mean you're not into FX work or colour grade correction or what not like a lot of the fancier editors here?

I stick to the basics too for the most part, just curious what you mean by that. So long as you can keep away from hard cuts you should be fine.

I actually like Supergirl, you should definitely check it out. I don't necessarily think it would fit with a project like this though.

By that, do you mean you're not into FX work or colour grade correction or what not like a lot of the fancier editors here?

I stick to the basics too for the most part, just curious what you mean by that. So long as you can keep away from hard cuts you should be fine.
Yea, I don't have the tools or skillset to add FX that alter what's happening on screen, just minimal color correction only as necessary. This cut I've actually used the most color editing, because I hate the look of Lester's Superman II, and Superman IV to some extent

You can check out my Last Skywalker (TLJ + TROS) edit as an example. I mostly keep the original scenes themselves intact, just rearranged or trimmed. Also have a Matrix one I've only showed my friends

Last edited:
I actually like Supergirl, you should definitely check it out. I don't necessarily think it would fit with a project like this though.
@Zarius
Wow, almost as painful as Superman IV (almost). I'll finish it today, stopped after Kara fought the monster cloud and the make out scene

Helen Slater is great, and the flying scenes are surprisingly top notch. The script is shit

Would not know how to fit witches and magic in ha

Yea, I don't have the tools or skillset to add FX that alter what's happening on screen, just minimal color correction only as necessary. This cut I've actually used the most color editing, because I hate the look of Lester's Superman II, and Superman IV to some extent
Colour correction is a step above what I can usually do :giggle:

Colour correction is a step above what I can usually do :giggle:
it's tough, not my strongest suit back in art class

uploaded Fortress of Solitude scene with both Jor-El and Lara. color grading modified for Lara scenes to mesh better with Donner cut

it's tough, not my strongest suit back in art class

uploaded Fortress of Solitude scene with both Jor-El and Lara. color grading modified for Lara scenes to mesh better with Donner cut
Lois changing clothes is a bit of a leap, maybe you should include the little bit where it looks like she's getting changed into it in Lester's cut

we may need to take a couple of leaps with this fan edit, particularly scene transitions between III and IV

Superman drinks at the bar, haunted by his defeat against Nuclear Man

I've managed to cut the fan edit down to about 3 hours & 4 minutes, and 12 minutes of credits. Because I'm trying to introduce several plot elements from 3 movies, the beginning's pacing might be a bit choppy. Let me know if interested, before I submit to the academy

Dedicated to Richard Donner. RIP

Anyone know an artist i can pay to make a movie poster for this, Drew Struzan star wars style?

Anyone know an artist i can pay to make a movie poster for this, Drew Struzan star wars style?
If you use Facebook or Instagram, you can try to contact Tarski Merceda. He's a damn fine artist and also a gigantic Superman fan, so he might be interested in doing it. Below is an example of his art:

alright, never heard back from Tarski. Any artists out there in the community looking for movie poster commission work?

Back
Top Bottom