• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Aliens: The Hybrid Cut

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

LeoneNut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Leonenut

What is it about? This is the simplest cut of the ALIEN lot, using the Special Edition version simply removes scenes of the colonists and Newt's family discovering the Space Jockey's ship. I actually like all the extended scenes in this version but dislike the whole Newt's family scene (I used to have to skip it every time). I've kept the first outdoor shots of "Hadley's Hope" however as it gives a preview of the "shake and bake" colony. A better paced version.

film name : Aliens: The Hybrid Cut
film studio name : Fox
Date Original Film Was Released : 1986
Date Edit Was Released : Oct 2007
Original Runtime : 154 mins (Special Edition)
New Runtime : 150 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 4 mins removed

Cuts removed/added/extended :

- removed scene of the colonists discussing an order from the company
- removed Newt's family discovering the space jockey ship

Fanedit details :

1.85:1 NTSC Anamorphic
Dolby Digital 5.1

Your intention for this fanedit:
The Newt's family scenes always annoyed me, as did the colonists discussing orders from the company. So I removed these scenes, but retained the outdoor shots of the colony as a kind of preview of things to come.

Time needed for the edition: 3 days

persons involved: LeoneNut

Thx a bunch for this edit!

There's enough Hollywood hokeyness already in the film when near the end Next says "Mommy" to Ripley for saving her--personally, I wish someone would black-out that! Otherwise, outstanding and fun film.

Azazello said:

There's enough Hollywood hokeyness already in the film when near the end Next says "Mommy" to Ripley for saving her--personally, I wish someone would black-out that! Otherwise, outstanding and fun film.

Oh, you heartless person! :cry: ;)
More seriously, the "mommy" line also refers to the fact that Ripley lost her daughter at the begining of the movie (in the extended version at least) and take Newt as a "replacement" daughter through all the movie. So it does not bother me at all. It is part of the arc of Ripley character to have a "new" (newt) daughter. Not just a family friendly line.
That is why I cannot f..... stand the fact that they killed her so soon at the begining of Alien 3. It simply negates all the purpose of her character development in Aliens. But that another story...

TMBTM said:
Azazello said:

Oh, you heartless person! :cry: ;)
Yeah, that's me! :twisted:

TMBTM said:
More seriously, the "mommy" line also refers to the fact that Ripley lost her daughter at the begining of the movie (in the extended version at least) and take Newt as a "replacement" daughter through all the movie. So it does not bother me at all. It is part of the arc of Ripley character to have a "new" (newt) daughter. Not just a family friendly line.
I fully understand that, but it is unrealistic, story-arc-be-damned, kids don't dump their parents like that (although if Ripley saved my butt, I would be tempted to thank her more than just saying 'mommy'! :lol: :grin: ).

Back
Top Bottom