• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Aliens - The Cocoon Cut

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
An extended cut of an extended cut of Aliens.

This adds back the last shreds of footage from the Aliens cutting room floor (besides one rough bit that doesn't quite work), as presented on the Anthology Blu-Ray. It was on the disc in SD for whatever reason, so I've experimented with AI Upscaling the footage, since most of the clips are a few seconds here and there and wouldn't take too long. Hopefully the whole thing is seamless though, as one particular section took some Ebsynth work to flow back into the final film. I won't mention which scene as I don't want anyone to notice the seams that may be visable.

All the new stuff adds up to barely over a minute, but there may be fans out there who want to see the Burke Cocoon scene in particular as it's been one of those "I swear I saw it on TV" scenes.

ADDITIONS
- Burke comments on promises after Ripley says she promised her daughter she'd be home
- Spunkmeyer quotes Danny Glover's age comment a whole year before Lethal Weapon
- Burke cracks a joke seeing the ruined Colony on the view screens
- Drake comments on his lack of care for Newt
- Newt tries to run off before they leave for the Terraformer, Hicks catches her
- Hicks tries to stay optimistic when Ripley assumes the Aliens will get them
- Ripley finds Burke cocooned on her way to rescue Newt

Special Edition - 2:34:27
Cocoon Cut - 2:35:29

I can make a version without the Colony scenes as well, as I do hate those scenes (as not seen here) , if there is demand for one.

JakllgB.png

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought you had figured out a way to combine Aliens and Cocoon. :(

Top Bottom