• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Aliens Revisited

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Not that long ago, I discovered @Bobson Dugnutt 's No Hope Edition and The Cocoon Cut edits of Aliens, and gave them both a watch. I instantly fell in love with both edits, and couldn't figure out which one I liked more. For a long time, the Special Edition version of Aliens had been my preferred cut to watch when I had the time, but as I grew up, I started to feel that the Hadley's Hope scenes weren't all that great, and ruined the mystery of the film's situation. With that said, I'm a big fan extended cuts of films, which is where The Cocoon Cut comes in. I was always fascinated by the deleted scenes montage and the Burke in the Cocoon deleted scene, and I wondered why some of the material had been left on the cutting room floor, even with the Special Edition assembled and released.

Unable to decide which edit was my favorite out of the two and gaining BD's blessing, I decided to create a hybrid edit that combined the best elements of both edits: the lack of colony scenes from the No Hope Edition and the deleted moments sprinkled throughout the Cocoon Cut.

The Special Edition cut serves as the base of this edit. A transition from the theatrical cut was used to smoothly facilitate the removal of the colony scenes. The deleted scenes montage and Burke cocooned deleted scene were deinterlaced and upscaled to 1080p using Topaz Video AI. The stereo audio for the deleted footage was upmixed into 5.1 using NUGEN Audio's Halo Upmix to present this edit in full 5.1 surround glory.

Most of the heavy work for this project is done, just needed to color grade the reintegrated footage, which I will do in DaVinci Resolve.

5.1 and stereo mixes will be available for this edit upon release.

Runtime Comparison:
Theatrical Cut:
137 mins
Special Edition: 154 mins
Aliens Revisited: 150 mins

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
scenes weren't all that great, and ruined the mystery of the film's situation

Well, when you're rewatching a movie, there's no mystery anyway.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My my my you are a busy bee. That's a lot of fanedits in your first month that i approved you. I wish one of us had taken the time to approve you sooner.

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My my my you are a busy bee. That's a lot of fanedits in your first month that i approved you. I wish one of us had taken the time to approve you sooner.
I have a few edits I've been sitting on for awhile, and will probably get them out over the next few months or so.

Insidious

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a combination edit of two other edits by a different editor?

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad that you got it finished, kid. I'll be happy to give it a quick watch...😁

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For anyone interested, I am now offering a 448 kbps DD 4.1 soundtrack modeled after the 4.1 theatrical mix for curiosity and completion sake. PM me if you'd like the separate mix for remuxing. From here on out, it'll included in the edit via new upload.

Top Bottom