• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Aliens: Colonial Marines

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
R the deleted/extended scenes worth checking out? If i were to get a set tho, I'd wanna get all of the 'em on blu. Not just Aliens.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
R the deleted/extended scenes worth checking out? If i were to get a set tho, I'd wanna get all of the 'em on blu. Not just Aliens.

By "all of them" you mean Alien & Aliens right? Nothing exists after that. Those other movies were just a bad dream you have spent your entire life trying to wake up from.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
But I liked Alien 3, it was the one I had watched the most growing up. Alien Ressurrection was the one that was the bad dream trying to wake up from.

I guess I could go to Walmart and pick up the blu of Alien and Aliens for $30.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the extras included only in the bluray boxset are very nice and [while not much different than the previous dvd "quadrilogy" release] are essential IMO.

personally - and I know I am in the minority here - I love Alien3.
and while not a very good movie - Alien Resurrection is the best looking of the lot stylistically thanks to Jeunet's eye.

at any rate - buy the boxset - not the individuals - unless you absolutely hate 3 and 4 and have no interest in hours of amazing bonus material.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
personally - and I know I am in the minority here - I love Alien3.

Fincher rules!

:p to a certain somebody.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ill wait for it to go down in price. I know it'll get there someday. The question is whether or not shall be able to hold out for it.

on side note: at my local pawn shop two days ago, they were doing a deal of 5 movies for $10. picked up Hostel 1+2, GI Joe: Rise of Cobra (2 disc), Resident Evil Degeneration, and Straw Dogs (the remake) from there. Thought it was definitely a great deal.

And then yesterday picked up the Lost Boys 3 pack and Resident Evil Afterlife.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you buy on amazon its available for around $50
even less if you buy used.
even LESS if you buy from amazon.uk :)

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you buy the box set on amazon, be sure to use the fanedit.org link!

And by the way, I'm currently going thru the extras myself and the box is well worth it. The new docus include a lot of stuff I've never seen before.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have had the set since release and I still haven't actually watched the actual films.
sat for the better part of a week watching all the extras though when I got it. Worth every penny IMO.

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
I have had the set since release and I still haven't actually watched the actual films. sat for the better part of a week watching all the extras though when I got it. Worth every penny IMO.
I have the set and great extras and 2 versions if each film. I watched dir cut if alien and sp ed of the other 3. Awesome. Resurrection still not great but 3rd one is better than I remember esp with the alternate and deleted scenes

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
I wasn't even aware that Prometheus had ties to Alien until watching that gametrailer.

Fo' real?

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I doubt the connections will be more than some hackneyed winks they put in last minute

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
set this for preorder yesterday. looking to pick it up on Tuesday. been looking forward to its release since originally heard bout it back in '08. and watched the live ign stream from the other day and have to say that it looks really awesome.

in the mean time, picked up AvP (2010) for PS3 yesterday for $13. thought was a really good deal. and definitely helps keep in the mood of wanting to play something Alien related. working on playing through each of the campaign's. (so far, the favorite is the Alien one. tho, the Marine campaign is pretty sweet too.)

also gonna be watching the movies soon probably. probably theatrical cut of Aliens (since I've never watched that version, always watched the Special Edition.)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
probably theatrical cut of Aliens (since I've never watched that version, always watched the Special Edition.)

Always prefered the theatrical cut. Much prefer the mystery of not seeing the colony before Ripley and the Marines go in. As for the game... looks awesome to me :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been playing this game for the past week and while I like it, its got alot of issues and theres a huge scandal in the works over the bait and switch tactics used by sega/gearbox. vids will explain more:

overall its a mediocre game set in a great universe. multiplayer is alot of fun even if it is a bit buggy and the single player campaign is meh but fun to revisit the sets of aliens.

heres a funny and fair review [minor spoilers]

I hate to say it but unless youre a diehard aliens fan and can tolerate mediocre FPS's pass on this one or buy it cheap. I dont regret my purchase and am having fun w/ the game but its definitely not the same game that we all saw/were promised 2 years ago. I am very interested to see what legal action is taken and/or what ripples this causes in the game development/publishing community.

Top Bottom