• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Alien Resurrection: Resurrected

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ALIEN RESURRECTION RESURRECTED
RESURRECTION-RESURRECTED.jpg

'Alien Resurrection' is my favourite of the Alien tetralogy, but with the exception of a few small moments, I feel that the 2003 Special Edition is a largely inferior cut. This fanedit will amalgamate the SE's brief worthwhile additions to the film into the original theatrical release, with its "less is more" opening and ending sequences and generally more understated approach to some scenes.

Additions to be made from SE:
  • "Girl" flash card scene
  • The Betty crew arguing about whether or not to bring along Purvis
  • Extended exchanges before diving through the mess hall
  • Conversation between Ripley and Call in the chapel (note: will hopefully be able to clean up the audio in this where you can hear Distephano's footsteps early in the SE where the TE cuts away)
Everything else in the TE stays as is. I may have to do some light color timing on the SE footage to match better with the TE, but we'll see.

This is a fairly straightforward edit, expect updates soon!

Last edited:

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This project is complete now! However, since I already have another much larger and more complex edit waiting for review, I'll wait before submitting this one.

Sources

Alien Resurrection (1997) [Theatrical Cut/TE]
Alien Resurrection (1997) [2003 Special Edition Cut/SE]

Edits
  • Restored original title sequence, removing additional sound effects in favor of the original score up until the shot of the Auriga
  • Cut Ripley waking after surgery
  • Cut Gediman making explicit mention of “Fury 16”
  • Cut Wren making reference to the Company’s acquisition by Walmart
  • Restored the order of scenes introducing the crew of the Betty from the TE, as well as TE’s stripped back version of Vreiss/Johner/Call’s exchange in the cargo bay
  • Cut Perez and Elgyn’s extended exchange about Call
  • Cut Wren’s lines added in the SE during the argument with/about Purvis and what to do with him
  • Cleaned up audio in the extended SE chapel scene with Ripley and Call where Distephano’s footsteps can be heard as TE usually cuts
  • Restored TE’s more ambiguous and bittersweet ending, rolling shots of earth mirroring the alien-flesh from the opening titles.

Top Bottom