• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

ALIEN COVENANT

Honestly, from this trailer, this could be:

A - a good movie.
B-  a soft remake of Alien by the same director (with use of scenes that didn't make the cut in Prometheus...) 
C-  a bad movie like AvP Requiem (only directed better)

Gonna see it anyway no matter what they're showing us.
I'm just not blown away by this trailer... but maybe it's for the better.

And Happy Christmas!

TMBTM said:
B-  a soft remake of Alien by the same director (with use of scenes that didn't make the cut in Prometheus...) 
C-  a bad movie like AvP Requiem (only directed better)

Gonna see it anyway no matter what they're showing us.

Hear that.
Just looks like Scott is redoing Prometheus.
I will watch nonetheless, but, damn I was hoping for a different narrative.

The trailer made this look like one of the later sequels, which I can live with. Prometheus looked awesome, but I hated it. If we can get back to basics, maybe I can enjoy this franchise again. Not sure about:

The spores. Really, spores? Sigh. We don't need to rewrite the evolution of the aliens in every film. Just give me some good ol' fashion face hugging and chest bursting.

That trailer was incredibly underwhelming for me. Especially because, for whatever reason, the visuals look so much cheaper and less dynamic than what we see in Prometheus. Prometheus for all it's problems is in my opinion a beautiful looking movie with high end production design, lighting, and cinematography. Everything in that trailer by comparison just looked flat and dull. Gray corridors and what looked like a bit of fields and forests for a setting?  Blah. I hope there's more to it than that otherwise it's going to make for a dull film to look at.

I'm also not really keen on the shower sequence as presented in that trailer. It feels like something that would be more at home in Alien VS Predator 2 than in a Ridley Scott followup to Prometheus.

Here's the trailer re-cut (with less footage)  to closer match the feel of the initial PROMETHEUS teaser -

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

29th POST ( continued from 28th post above )

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2634.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2645.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2683.jpg

...as Krennic says "I WILL NOT FAIL" , then turns to leave, as Tarkin looks out at the Death Star -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2700.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2714.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2720.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2751.jpg

...and then we continue on as normal, as the screen momentarily goes black before the first part of Jyn's 'flashback' dream of past events with her parents begins -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2752.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2757.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2758.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2769.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2778.jpg

...as Jyn's father Galen comes over to Jyn saying "WHAT'S THE MATTER JYNA?...ARE YOU AFRAID?"

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2780.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2786.jpg

...and then we continue on as normal, as Galen playfully lifts her up and puts her to bed saying "I'LL ALWAYS PROTECT YOU"

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2787.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2791.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2795.jpg

...and we end on this shot -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-2800.jpg

NOTE - I'd prefer to have Saw with a headful of hair right from the start, as I found the transformation of him starting out as completely bald to then having an abundance of hair to be quite jarring...so I'd discard the rest of the 'flashback' shots which appear at this point which end with his bald appearance opening the hatch - https://i0.wp.com/caps.pictures/201...e-one-movie-screencaps.com-2839.jpg?strip=all ...and would replace them with an alternative, EXTENDED 'flashback' at this point instead...as a way of revealing a devastating aspect of Jyn's past, while allowing me to include some important footage and dialogue from the opening which I liked, but didn't want to start the movie off with.

...and then we CUT* to another time as Jyn's 'flashback' dream takes a turn for the worse, and a black ship screams downwards towards a planet -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-14.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-18.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-21.jpg

NOTE - I'd prefer to discard the shot which appears at this point of the ship flying over the beach...as well as it's flyby past the working droid...and the close-up of the droid - https://i0.wp.com/caps.pictures/201/6-rogueone/full/rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-28.jpg?strip=all , and https://i1.wp.com/caps.pictures/201/6-rogueone/full/rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-58.jpg?strip=all , and https://i0.wp.com/caps.pictures/201/6-rogueone/full/rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-63.jpg?strip=all

...and then we CUT* to young Jyn running frantically as the black ship passes overhead -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-66.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-71.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-74.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-76.jpg

( continues on in my next post )

Once again
6 of one
half dozen of another.
No change.
Zzzzzzz

ImperialFighter said:
Here's the trailer re-cut (with less footage)  to closer match the feel of the initial PROMETHEUS teaser -

For me that's a better version of the trailer, though the spore in the ear with the foot stepping on whatever the black thing on the ground is doesn't quite work without that setup in my opinion. At the very least it gets rid of that terrible wispy pop cover song that has no place in the avertising of an Alien film in my opinion. Still it just highlights even more just how "been there, seen that" the whole thing feels. I want to be excited for this movie but it doesn't seem to have anything new to offer. Prometheus, flawed though it was, at the very least was tackling new themes and ideas that the franchise hadn't touched yet. This so far just seems like it's retreading a lot of the same ground we've already seen mined 5 or 6 times before.

Here is the new trailer. Please don't disappoint us, Ridley.

Not watching "final" trailers for any movies anymore.
Teasers and first trailers are usualy already good ENOUGH.

Sound at 01.54 - So this an AvP movie now? :D

Looks really interesting.  Much more now than the first trailer.  Does anybody feel it will be absolutely watchable without keeping in mind the events of Prometheus?  It does also sound a lot like a soft remake.

TM2YC said:

Good ear!  Sure sounds like it.  I'm all for this.  This appears to have competent lighting, so it's already at least the second best AvP movie!

matrixgrindhouse said:
TM2YC said:

Good ear!  Sure sounds like it.  I'm all for this.  This appears to have competent lighting, so it's already at least the second best AvP movie!

Oh god, I was only joking, please don't let this actually be an AvP movie.

tumblr_obgx4pFvoV1qcxeebo1_500.gif

It's probably just a random woodpecker sound. I can't be the only one who every time they hear a woodpecker in the forest, they kinda expect to hear this next...

TMBTM said:
Not watching "final" trailers for any movies anymore.
Teasers and first trailers are usualy already good ENOUGH.

Absolutely agree.  

I've always loved trailers, but in this age of several versions being released for big movies, far too much footage is getting revealed beforehand for my liking nowadays.

So I now prefer to only watch the initial teaser these days for anything I'm interested in, and just check out any additional trailers afterwards out of curiousity.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

30th POST ( continued from my 29th post above )

...and then we continue on as normal, as we see the black ship on a monitor screen -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-77.jpg

...as Jyn's concerned father and mother look on -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-80.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-84.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-85.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-87.jpg

...and Jyn eventually reaches her homestead -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-88.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-92.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-93.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-96.jpg

...as she says "MAMA!" on entering -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-100.jpg

...and her mother Lira says "WE KNOW" -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-102.jpg

...as her father Galen tells her "JYN, GATHER YOUR THINGS, IT'S TIME" , and they all hurry to grab some belongings -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-105.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-107.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-108.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-113.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-117.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-119.jpg

...as Lira rushes towards a monitor in the kitchen area and looks over at Jyn -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-122.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-126.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-129.jpg

...as the monitor beeps and an image appears, and we hear a male voice urgently say "HELLO" -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-130.jpg

...as Lira turns to the monitor saying "SAW!" , and we end on this shot -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-132.jpg

NOTE - Luckily for my purposes, bald Saw is indistinct in the shot above due to the angle of the monitor, and I'd prefer to discard the close-up shot of the monitor which appears immediately after at this point, where Lira says "...IT'S LIRA, IT HAPPENED...HE'S COME FOR US" - https://i0.wp.com/caps.pictures/201/6-rogueone/full/rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-137.jpg?strip=all

...and then we CUT* to Jyn looking towards her mother, as we hear Saw advise "YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO" -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-144.jpg

...and then we continue on as normal, as the black ship turns to land -

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-145.jpg

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-146.jpg

( continues on in my next post )

Is Noomi Rapace in this movie? She's credited on some sites but not on others.

^ I don't know, leaning towards negative, but every time I hear about this movie I have to remind myself that its called Alien: Covenant, not Alien: Convent. :huh: 
Then I heard recently that they are already gearing for alien convent 2, well fine, but what about alien 5 with Sigourney weaver and Michael Biehn? :huh:

I agree @"Rogue-theX"…  I am glad we’re getting prequels to the franchise by Ridley Scott, who also said that Alien 3|5 WILL be done… and I hope they will SO much.  I cannot wait for the film. Anyways, let’s think for the best and… back to Covenant!

Back
Top Bottom