• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Alien 5 confirmed by 20th Century Fox - Ripley's back.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://io9.com/holy-xenomorphs-neill-blomkamp-will-be-making-his-alie-1686663351

Neill Blomkamp had this to say about his pet project a few weeks ago:

“There was a reason. I wanted to make that film. I still may make that film. [Laughs] It may happen. But I did it on my own time. Like when Chappie was winding down in post and I had available time, I started to work on it. It was also from talking to Sigourney [Weaver] during the making of this. I mean, I asked her about Alien all the time. Alien and Aliens are my favorite films. So I genuinely wanted to make that film, I came up with the story, I came up with way more art than I put out and I never officially spoke to Fox about it, but Fox wanted to make it. So, I kind of touched on it and I didn’t know what to do, and I didn’t know if I was just gonna go leave directing for a whole bunch of time and then I was like, ‘I might as well put some art out.’ But I may make it. I don’t know. That’s where it stands.”

And here's what Sigourney Weaver had to say:

“It’s not that so much as that we just left it at such a creepy place, sort of stranded above Earth. I was quite happy to move onto other things and I didn’t want to go to Earth. I didn’t want to manufacture a sequel and I felt like we were starting to do that. If something happens from this, it would be very organic and very original, and because of that, it would make me want to do it. If it was someone as talented as Neill, I’d certainly listen.”

3498006_orig.jpg

kaivyor3f8thksygyisw.jpg

ripley-hicks.jpg

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's my understanding that his concept will remove Alien 3 and Resurrection from continuity, right? I'm all for this, either way.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
It's my understanding that his concept will remove Alien 3 and Resurrection from continuity, right? I'm all for this, either way.

Considering Hicks is alive in that sketch, I'd say that's the case.

Perhaps it was Bishop dreaming of Electric Sheep?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:

I'd totally be up for that. Alien3 is great on it's own in IMO but I always preferred the pre Alien3 novel/comic storyline. If X-Men can remove films from continuity with enthusiastic fan support, then why not the Alien franchise? Imagine grizzled old Michael Biehn being back as Hicks...!

divide-michael-biehn.jpg

Sadly I think the people in charge of the Alien property have no idea what they are doing, so I'm not holding my breath.

btw the moment Ripley came back in the comics was awesome. Look at the guns...!

ripleyalive.jpg

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, of course i'd like Alien 5 with Ripley (and Hicks? Was he cloned too? He maybe did not die after all? WTF?)
but what it means is...
THAT THE END OF MY ALIEN 4 FANEDIT WILL BE OBSLOLETE! :oops:
Fu.. you Neil Blomkamp, for ruining my fanedit! How dare you?
:p

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Okay, of course i'd like Alien 5 with Ripley (and Hicks? Was he cloned too? He maybe did not die after all? WTF?)

Judging from the scars on the art (and it's just art, not a plot) perhaps they did crash somewhere like in Alien 3, but he in fact survived. The scarring could be from the facehugger being killed while still attached to him.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Judging from the scars on the art (and it's just art, not a plot) perhaps they did crash somewhere like in Alien 3, but he in fact survived. The scarring could be from the facehugger being killed while still attached to him.

Yeah, but so it means that he would not be a clone. That he just survived indeed. But then how can he meet Ripley? (Alien 4 is set in a distant future from Alien 3) Maybe they put him into sleep, but what for?
Or maybe they cloned him and somehow he is not a perfect clone either and have facial problem.

But again, we are just supposing Hicks is back from looking at a sketch for now...
Maybe it's just an art designer having fun. But yeah... maybe they would not have released THIS particular sketch if it was not meant to be Hicks.

Ah, I guess we have another movie to endlessly debate about now!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't care how, I would just be happy to see Biehn back as Hicks. I hated Alien 3 because of everyone's deaths.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Yeah, but so it means that he would not be a clone. That he just survived indeed. But then how can he meet Ripley? (Alien 4 is set in a distant future from Alien 3) Maybe they put him into sleep, but what for?
Or maybe they cloned him and somehow he is not a perfect clone either and have facial problem.

But again, we are just supposing Hicks is back from looking at a sketch for now...
Maybe it's just an art designer having fun. But yeah... maybe they would not have released THIS particular sketch if it was not meant to be Hicks.

Ah, I guess we have another movie to endlessly debate about now!

Who is talking about cloning or the future? The idea is that most likely Alien 3 and 4 would be ignored... That means both Ripley and Hicks end up in the space ship at the end of Aliens and escape together with Newt. Perhaps she still dies, or Blomkamp will bring her back into the foray as well.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Who is talking about cloning or the future?
I am talking.

Kal-El said:
The idea is that most likely Alien 3 and 4 would be ignored...

That will not happen, IMO. That's why I'm searching for other ideas that could actualy be on screen when I'll go see the movie.
And if they go that route I would be extremely disappointed that they could not even TRY to come with something smart to explain Hicks's return..
I don't want a fan fiction or half of a reboot. I want a true intelligent sequel.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
But if they're going to ignore Alien 3 and Alien 4 then that seems the most logical outcome. Unless they would bridge a 20-year old gap between Aliens and Alien 5, explain how Hicks survived through flashbacks and hint at other adventures they had through throwbacks between Ripley and Hicks their conversations? Now that would be something. It would give them more leeway to craft their own story and easily explain the age difference between Aliens and Alien 5.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
But if they're going to ignore Alien 3 and Alien 4 then that seems the most logical outcome. Unless they would bridge a 20-year old gap between Aliens and Alien 5, explain how Hicks survived through flashbacks and hint at other adventures they had through throwbacks between Ripley and Hicks their conversations? Now that would be something. It would give them more leeway to craft their own story and easily explain the age difference between Aliens and Alien 5.

Not sure how Hick's or Newt could survive considering their bodies were tossed in a vat of molten steel.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Somewhat related:

In 2011, Michael Biehn talked to AICN about Hicks’ fate: “The only way I was involved was I was shooting another movie in Los Angeles (Timebomb), working with a producer named Raffaella De Laurentiis, and Raffaella took off during our shoot, went over to England and came back and she said to me jokingly, ‘I saw you over in England,’ and I said, ‘What do you mean?’ She said, ‘I was at Pinewood Studios and I saw you over there.’ [I said] ‘What are you talking about?’ ‘Your character, Hicks, I saw him. He was over there.’ They had done a face cast on me [for Aliens] because they had to do those burns on my face… ”

Biehn continues: “Raffaella [said] ‘Your chest is burst open and obviously the Aliens have come out of your chest.’ I’m like, ‘Oh really? I didn’t know anything about that.’ So I called my agent up and he called up Fox and said, ‘You can’t use Michael’s image.’ They said, ‘Okay, we’ll get back to you.’ I got a call from David Fincher saying, ‘Please, can we just … We’d really like to use your character.’ … I was pretty pissed off and said, ‘f**k you for even calling me, so go f**k yourself.’ Now I wish I hadn’t, because now he’s [laughs] now he’s ‘David Fincher’, but I was upset at the fact that I was not in the new movie. What I said was, ‘f**k you for having that happen to my character.’ There was no way I would ever let that character have a monster come bursting out of his chest, so you can forget about that happening.”

Biehn.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What if Hicks is still asleep on the dropship...

105691.gif

...and it was all a dream?

btw, Is there anybody on this planet who would not buy a movie ticket to another film featuring Colonial Marines and Aliens? If this is the case, why has it not happened!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fan art food for thought:

wUmVu15.jpg

"We gotta cross the streams!!" :-D

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ When you say "Fan - Art" you mean "Fan - traced it off somebody else" :p...

aliens1989series2.jpg

I'm sure I recognise the other elements too but I can't quite place where from (The man is a trace of an Arnie poster right, with 40K Space Marine style armour). Still it's very nicely done.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kind of hoping Alien 3 and 4 are ignored. Bringing characters back from the dead (clones or otherwise) is always pretty silly and contrived.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kind of hoping Prometheus is ignored. :p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
Kind of hoping Alien 3 and 4 are ignored. Bringing characters back from the dead (clones or otherwise) is always pretty silly and contrived.
Agreed. Trek XI, the Spidey reboot and DOFP have all prepped the general public for selective sequels, and I think Fox has sold pretty much all the Alien 3-4 blu rays they're going to sell at this point, so the main potential drawback - most people not wanting to buy or watch broadcasts of movies no longer in the central canon - would be outweighed by the excitement of bringing Hicks and maybe even Newt back (why the hell not?!). :-D

Top Bottom