• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alien 3: The Re-assembly Cut.

crop and resize?

Yeah the workprint segments have an on screen timer on the bottom black bar...i'll upload a rough example for you to show you what i mean bud.

Ok, mate of mines lent me his laptop with Sony vegas 7 on it. Used it to dabble in some colour correction but when it comes down to rendering the film to AVI it says its going to take well over 5 hours!!! and more!!! is this normal? or am i doing something wrong?

yes, it is quite normal depending on CPU, RAM, effects and output codec

Ok cheers guys! wasnt sure weather that was normal or not. And its going to take alot more than 5 hours to long to say lol...well better get on with it!

Ok the composite deleted scenes im constructing just need the ARs matching etc. Im still experimenting on this with trial and error. Since im using Womble at the moment ive noticed when i edit together footage from the Assembly cut with the Workprint segemnts the AR changes on the Assembly cut stuff. Also have comb line problems, even after deinterlacing the video still have them. Ive tried to keep the Aspect Ratio of the Original film with these cut scenes but its not working out just yet my first rough composite didnt look right.
Examples:

Original Composite.
[vimeo:1hmltv3n]

In the above video you can see what i mean about the AR changing in the Assembly Cut footage.

Rough Composite.
[vimeo:1hmltv3n]

This is a rough cut example of the direction im going. The AR in this will be changed. Whedn trying to match the Workprint with the Assembly AR it looks slightly stretched. But again with trial and error i'll get it!

**EDIT**
OOPS! accidently set one of the videos to provate lol, sorted it.

Vdub can correct your AR problem.

Thanks AVP, i'll have a fiddle about...

**EDIT**

Ok fiddled about wth V-Dub and no matter what i do the AR's will not match, either the Assembly cut footage looks squashed or the Workprint footaqge looks alittle strecthed. Will keep tryin....

AHA! Almost got it, well the best i could get it....once ive got the AR's to the best i can i can get to work on the rest of the composite deleted scenes. Next problem is to work ont hese damn comb lines, even with the all the footage deinterlaced it still has large stripe bars and comb lines.

***EDIT***

Still having probs, will just have to do my best with what i can...

Cant get the correct AR's to match on the Composite deleted scenes and im determined to have them on the DVD. So unfortunatly the AR on the Assembly segments are alittle squashed. Ive tried and done what i can with the AR on them but nothing will work, thye just dont match up. To be honest its annoyong me to the point of scrapping the idea of having the workprint deleted scenes all together. The Alien 3 electronic presskit is uploaded, thanks to a mate of mine who ripped it for me off a VHS tape of mine, just need to scan the cinema presskit i got with it to add as a small gallery at the end of it. To be honest im not to happy with this edit mainly because i wanted to to more and i wish i could do more.

dont worry, there will be new release(but date still not announced) and there might be these scenes with new transfer..hopefully

My main reason for making these deleted scenes is because they were never included in the Special Edition Assembly Cut, and for any completists who may like to see them. I just cant wait to get this finished, with having to do things in between it is taking a while im afffraid.

Take all the time you need. There is absolutely no hurry. This is looking great so far.

Thanks man, yeah i just want these scenes to work out...the quality drops alittle ont he Assembly cut segments and the AR's dont match. Ive done all sorts to make them match, looked around on the net. I tried to work on ech segment seperatly, if i do that then the auio contains noticable Loud pops and jumps at each cut location and dosent sound right. So the only thing i can think to do is to just use the footage with the Assembly segments slightly squashed, but then will people watch a deleted scenes section like that? And as for the audio correction i was planning had ot be scapped, couldnt do it sorry guys. Will keep working on the workprint cuts for now till i find a solution :D if not i'll justhave to use em as is.

Not much to update, made a few slight cuts. Had to remove a scene from in Infirmary where Golic says "Magnificent" i had to cut this because i the scene afterwards where Ripley is running down the corridor is different in both versions, sound included so they ddnt match up when cut together. Didnt want to use the Assembly cut version with Dillion etc. Plus i always that scene with Golic gave away what he does later on in the film. That little scene isnt in the script or the early Hill/Giller drats. Also trimmed some dialogue away in a scene with Aaaron and Ripley after the Alien entrapment. Still messin with the workprint composite cuts. Trimming snippets where i can. Leaving the colour correction rendering till last as it will take over a day, weant ot make sure ive got the cuts thats needed to be done first. Also waiting on a few things then hopefully thats it!

Ok,been working on the Aspect Ratios on both the Assembly Cut and workprint composite scenes for the Second part of my deleted scenes section and this is the best i can do:

[vimeo:vjyx9pq5]

Ive tried everyhitng and this is as close as im going to get im affraid. So i will continue to work on the rest of then secenes as best i can. Now remember the workprint segments are in poor quality, these are for hardcore completeists only! but i do hope someone will enjoy them.

**UPDATE**

Ok looking the at the ending decided to remove the Assembly cut dialogue with Bishop II and the Company man, mainly because of the Horrible sound errors. Instead ive replaced it with the Theatrical version, BUT keep in the "IM NOT A DROID!" line in there...Also bits of dialogue here and there, and some small sippets.

Been busy on and off so not got much done lately. Just discovered most fot he special features material i had planned for my edit are already goign to be another ALien project in development by someone else, so instead of having 2 dvd's with the same material im donating my A3 EPK and that. Still sticking with my deleted scenes. They casn be d one now with no problem since ive been experimenting with ther AR's and that which even though ti was frustraighting its helped me learn alittle about them. Just colour correction rendering to do and then its finished. Hopefully wihtin a week or two should be done.

Been away, so im back into this now it needs finishing big time, got other ideas i want to get started on!!!!!!!

Using Sony vegas 7 ive been trying to experiment with the colour gradiant filters etc usin Magic Bullet editor (thanks for the borrow chris) Every time i go to render it to AVI with the filers it errors out. So im trying to work on that at the moment, just dosent seem to want to do it.

**EDIT**

Ok sorted the problem with vegas, rendering colour filters now, will take a day maybe longer, once done will upload now test for approval then will will continue with deleted scenes and DVD version. Cant wait to get this finished and over with.

I noticed that this is up at linktalk.

Has anybody seen this yet?

Edit: Oh, I think that is the initial version that everybody has been talking about in this thread. I mistakingly thought that it was updated with the new work that has been done.

Ok, due to many PC problems this Edit was put on hold many, many times! plus other things prevented this from being finished sooner. Finally finished a release version for this asnd compliled a DVD for the approval thread. Once tested i will upload the finished DVD to RS and update the edit info.

I've made a few extra cuts in this edit to try and trim the fat in places here and there, my original edit ideas weren't 100% and most of my original ideas i couldn't do due to the movies soundtrack and other sound difficulties.

This will be verison one of this edit, it's about time i released something :grin: i must be the worse fan editor on here when it comes to a release date!!! I had to start this whole edit again 3 times but i wasn't giving up! Once my PC is back up to speck i will then get to work on a verison 2 with colour correction and other tweaks.

I'm sorry for taking so much time on this and i appologise for not being able to make the edit i promiced. Not good with photoshop but i might attemept some cover art, if not then i will probably beg someone with talent to make me one :D

Back
Top Bottom