• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alice - SyFy 2009

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone been brave enough to give it a go? i thought Tin Man was shit so i wanna test the water first on this one.

Was Tin Man? The promos made it look at least visually-good, but after the Dune miniseries I'm wary of anything Sci Fi channel presents as "good".

See now I thought Tin Man was pretty good. I think, although it was some time back. I always enjoy Zooey Deschanel....might give this one a go.

Redstar said:
Was Tin Man? The promos made it look at least visually-good, but after the Dune miniseries I'm wary of anything Sci Fi channel presents as "good".

Well thats half the problem, Dune, Children of Dune, Tales of Earthsea, Tin Man etc etc all had amazing trailers and then turned out to be complete crap.

Absolutely hated the Dune miniseries. Visual crap. The acting was often good, save the horrible Guildsmen. I heard Children of Dune was better, particularly the acting which far exceeded the predecessor, and the costuming and special effects was slightly better allocated. I might be willing to bear through both again if Sasha ever considered updating the special effects like he's doing with the Lynch version.

I'd still be willing to check out Tin Man for the sake of it, but I haven't heard of this Alice. How does it seem so far?

Redstar said:
Absolutely hated the Dune miniseries. Visual crap. The acting was often good, save the horrible Guildsmen.

totally agreed although i think 'hate' is too kindly a word :)

I heard Children of Dune was better, particularly the acting which far exceeded the predecessor, and the costuming and special effects was slightly better allocated. I might be willing to bear through both again if Sasha ever considered updating the special effects like he's doing with the Lynch version.

personally i found it worse than dune, the only part that had any emotional impact was [spoiler:pne7lf5v]the death montage scene at the end of part 1[/spoiler:pne7lf5v]

I heard Children of Dune was better, particularly the acting which far exceeded the predecessor, and the costuming and special effects was slightly better allocated. I might be willing to bear through both again if Sasha ever considered updating the special effects like he's doing with the Lynch version.
I'm a huge fan of the Children of Dune novel and the TV miniseries sucked royally (I also really hated that they changed the Twins age to mid-twenty-somethings instead of being around 10-12 years old).

As for Alice... I thought it was as terrible as Tin Man.
(they also thought it'd be a great idea if Alice had a kidnapped boyfriend that she's gotta save in wonderland.... WHY? :| )

JasonN said:
I'm a huge fan of the Children of Dune novel and the TV miniseries sucked royally (I also really hated that they changed the Twins age to mid-twenty-somethings instead of being around 10-12 years old).
I disliked that. I can understand why, since you can't expect children to play pre-born, but they could have at least got actors that looked younger. They'll most likely do the same if the upcoming Dune reboot gets so far as Children.

JasonN said:
(they also thought it'd be a great idea if Alice had a kidnapped boyfriend that she's gotta save in wonderland.... WHY? :| )
Completely disregarding the fact Alice was about 12 in the book? Heh

JasonN said:

Cool, thats all i need to know, thanks for saving me the bother of watching it.

Watched the first part - whilst it's a a cool concept, like they did with Tin Man, it's not be executed very well so far. But the lead is quite cute.

Back
Top Bottom