• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Akira Blu Ray with Original Streamline English Dub

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey hey.

I have another edit, my first actually, soon to be reviewed for the site. In the meantime, I finished Akira on Blu Ray, giving it the original Streamline English dub long lost since it moved to DVD in 2001. While another member expressed that this doesn't constitute a "fan edit," it could be a special project.

How do I go about adding this film to be reviewed and made readily available?

Thanks in advance.

vLNBOeK.jpg

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What source did you use for the Streamline dub?

megafat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aaaakkkkkkkiiiiiiiiraaaa!!

Ttteeeeettsssssuuuoooo!!

WrathofLucas

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Whats happening?!!"

Those old dubs from the 80s/90s are so badass!

Akira being one of my earliest experiences of Anime. Looking forward to seeing this. Good work!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you can already buy Akira on Blu-Ray with the original 1988 English audio...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Akira-Blu-ray/82163/

(Look at the back cover details ^)

So obviously we can't have what is essentially a pirate copy of 'Akira' listed on IFDB. Still, very nice variant cover though :).

Annoyingly the RegionB Blu-Ray that I own doesn't have this track but does have 3 alternate Japanese tracks.

(Unless I'm totally wrong and this is another alternate unique English dub. Please correct me I'm in error)

Edit: Wikipedia confirms this 'Funimation' edition to contain the "Streamline" dub (Wikipedia could be wrong though).

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Erm whoops, I noticed this thread is old (Easily done). So technically at the time of the OP, that old dub was not available :-D.

Top Bottom