• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Agents of SHIELD: The Clairvoyant (Season 1, 2nd of 3)

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The second TV-to-Movie edit from Agents of SHIELD's first season. This is part two of the planned trilogy.

At this stage of the season things were picking up nicely, mystery of the week started to be pushed to one side in favour of serial storytelling, so this edit feels more natural and a little less episodic in nature.

This feature deals with the hunt for The Clairvoyant, and the repercussions of The Clairvoyant's manipulations. All with a little side order of 'trust no-one'.

In the MCU timeline, it runs concurrently with The Winter Soldier in some places, so I'd say this should be watched as a companion to that film, maybe watch after TWS with the understanding that this story started beforehand.

Trailer
Episode List
The Asset
Joined the story in Malta during the rescue of Dr. Hall.

T.R.A.C.K.S.
Lots of edits to bring the footage back into continuous narrative (original episode uses time jumps to tell the story). Some small trims keep things moving and remove duplication. Final scenes cut so we go from cellar to...

T.A.H.I.T.I.
General trims throughout. Some scenes omitted.

End of the Beginning

Turn, Turn, Turn
Again, more trims and some scenes omitted.

Seeds and Yes Men
One scene from Seeds used, two from Yes Men.
Synopsis
S.H.I.E.L.D. searches for one of its assets, Dr. Franklin Hall, who was kidnapped by Ian Quinn. Heading to Malta with the team, Skye volunteers to infiltrate Quinn's mansion during a party so that Coulson and Ward can rescue Hall.

Skye tricks Quinn into believing she is betraying S.H.I.E.L.D. for the Rising Tide. However, Coulson soon discovers that Hall perpetrated his own kidnap in order to have access to the gravitonium generator, so he could destroy it. 

Coulson warns him that doing so would end up killing innocents. Their disagreement forces Coulson to send Hall into the generator, seemingly vaporizing him, but shutting the machine down at the same time.

Coulson calls Quinn, who has connections to the Clairvoyant.

Hunting the Clairvoyant, the team boards a train in Italy on which a Cybertek Inc. security group is shipping a package to Quinn.

The team is exposed, forcing Coulson and Ward to flee the train. Meeting up with May, they get back to the train and Simmons, but Fitz and Skye are gone, having already followed the package to Quinn's mansion.

Skye is confronted by Quinn, and discovers the alive Peterson in a hyperbaric chamber. Inside the package is a high-tech prosthetic leg from Cybertek's "Project Deathlok" that Quinn fits onto Peterson's amputated right leg. 

Quinn shoots Skye twice in the stomach and leaves her for dead. S.H.I.E.L.D. raids the mansion and finds Skye after capturing Quinn. 

Simmons can only sustain Skye temporarily by placing her in the hyperbaric chamber. Skye is rushed to a S.H.I.E.L.D. medical facility, but the doctors are only able to stabilize her. 

Agents John Garrett and Antoine Triplett arrive to take Quinn for questioning, but Coulson refuses to turn him over. Garrett decides to interrogate Quinn on the Bus, learning that the Clairvoyant ordered Quinn to shoot Skye so they could learn about Coulson's resurrection. 

Fitz and Simmons, after looking over Coulson's files, realize that Coulson was revived at a place known as the "Guest House", where Coulson, Ward, Garrett, and Fitz head for answers. 

Fitz finds the drug, while Coulson finds a room marked "T.A.H.I.T.I." where he finds the source of the drug, the upper half of a blue-skinned humanoid corpse. 

Everyone escapes the facility, which was rigged to explode, and despite Coulson attempting to prevent Fitz from giving Skye the drug based on what he saw in the T.A.H.I.T.I. room, Fitz gets the drug to Simmons in time to successfully save Skye.

Simmons tries to analyse the drug given to Skye, but doesn't have enough left, so starts looking at Skye's blood. 

Coulson tells Skye the origin of the drug used to revive them, and despite how disturbed Coulson is by this fact, Skye remains optimistic. He orders Skye to keep the origin of the drug a secret until Fury gives them the truth. 

Unknown to them, May is monitoring their conversation, and reporting to someone else.

Agents Garrett, Triplett, Hand, Sitwell, and Blake join the team in hunt of the Clairvoyant. The agents pair up to pursue different candidates. While searching for Thomas Nash, May and Blake encounter Peterson/Deathlok and tag him with a tracker.

They soon converge on his new location while Triplett and Simmons stay at the Hub with Hand.

The team finds Nash, a vegetative man on life support who communicates through a computer. When Nash boasts about being the Clairvoyant and says that Centipede will kill Skye, Ward kills him. 

Coulson and Skye soon realize that Nash was not the Clairvoyant, and that the Clairvoyant is a high-ranking member of S.H.I.E.L.D. 

Coulson accuses Ward of working with the Clairvoyant and shooting Nash, but they are interrupted when Fitz discovers May's secret phone line.

As Coulson and Skye standoff with May in the hangar, control of the Bus is hijacked by the Hub, where Hand orders everyone onboard to be killed.

Garrett's jet is attacked by S.H.I.E.L.D. drones after the Bus is hijacked, and he rejoins the team. 

At the Hub, Simmons and Triplett begin working together to secretly upload Simmons's research on Skye's blood, only for a Hydra assault on all S.H.I.E.L.D. facilities to force them into hiding.

Skye discovers a secret code in a signal on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s network that she deciphers to reveal Hydra's infiltration.

When the Bus arrives at the Hub, the group splits into teams to capture Hand. However, Hand reveals that she is not a member of Hydra but believes that Coulson is, and recruits Triplett and Simmons to aid her in stopping them.

Garrett accidentally discloses information that reveals himself as the true Clairvoyant, and is captured by Coulson and May.

Ward accompanies Hand to the Fridge so he can see to Garrett's imprisonment personally, but shortly reveals his own allegiance to Hydra by killing Hand and freeing Garrett.

Mid-credit scene is Reina being broken out of jail.
Running time is under 2h 20m, this will be cropped (2.35:1) and graded. Had some notes from some previewers that I need to work through, but otherwise done, so I hope to release in August.

Scar

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic!  Very much looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So took a month longer than expected, but this is close to being released. Render's complete, artwork done (see below). I just have to upload them and fill out the form for IFDB.

BR Cover
AOS_Clairvoyant_BR.jpg

DVD Cover
AOS_Clairvoyant_DVD.jpg

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellent, I'm keen to see this, so let me know when you have them up.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Slight error on the artwork, the running time is incorrect (I can't do basic maths it seems). So I'll correct that this weekend before submitting to IFDB.

However, if this issue does not bother you and you'd like to see the film then PM for details. It is a bank holiday weekend here in the UK but I will try to check for PMs at least once a day.

muutvc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome I enjoyed your first one, can't wait for the next instalment.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Artwork is corrected and details submitted to IFDB.

PM me for links. Email sent to the usual place, so I will update here when they are updated there.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit finished. Thread moved.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy to announce the edit is now available at the usual place.

Thank you to flaminio and Ironman23 for the kind reviews. Much appreciated, glad you enjoyed it. I better get cracking on part 3 :)

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I was a big fan of The Clairvoyant. I thought it was a very well put together movie and was mostly absent from awkward cuts that had to be made in Centipede. What's the status on episode 3? :D

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Hey, I was a big fan of The Clairvoyant. I thought it was a very well put together movie and was mostly absent from awkward cuts that had to be made in Centipede. What's the status on episode 3? :D
Thanks Zamros, glad you liked it. Real life has created a slight delay with episode 3, but it is still happening. Hopefully before easter next year.

atticuskent

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey DSM2337, I'm really eager to watch your movie cuts of AoS, but do you have versions that aren't cropped? I clicked through the video file and instead of making the show look cinematic, it's made the images look very zoomed in. Shots don't look like they were composed for the frame right (ex. a one-shot on an actor and their eyes are near the top of the frame, etc) and it's a bit distracting. Idk if others have made the same observation. If not or you disagree, I'll just watch it as is. Something to consider, though, maybe?

Thanks again for the edit.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
atticuskent said:
do you have versions that aren't cropped?
Hi atticuskent,

I'm afraid they aren't available non cropped. I can say that each shot has been cropped specifically, it isn't just a mask thrown over the top, so some thought went into each one. So in the case of lead actors eyes being close to the top of frame, that would likely either be cropped as high as can be (so the original frame the eyes would still be at the top), or there was something else in frame towards the bottom that I believed needed to be included. I believe in 99% of cases it worked out fine, but occasionally a compromise had to be made.

The other side benefit of cropping was avoiding the insidious credits that run through five minutes of every episode. So an non cropped version would still have these.

Hope it doesn't spoil the fun too much.

Cheers

Dave

atticuskent

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah, yes, I'm sure cropping really helped with the TV credits. The cropping won't spoil the fun too much, I don't think. Thanks again for the edits. Can't wait to watch them. I tried the first 4 episodes and it was really difficult for me, so these are perfect.

flaminio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
atticuskent said:
I tried the first 4 episodes and it was really difficult for me, so these are perfect.

This is where DSM2337's fan-edits are really great. It's no secret that the first season of AoS was a tough go, for various reasons. However, the following seasons are great. If someone wants to watch AoS but just can't get through the first season, watching DSM2337's edits gives you all the good stuff in two (soon three) easily watchable bites.

THEONECR7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The second TV-to-Movie edit from Agents of SHIELD's first season. This is part two of the planned trilogy.

At this stage of the season things were picking up nicely, mystery of the week started to be pushed to one side in favour of serial storytelling, so this edit feels more natural and a little less episodic in nature.

This feature deals with the hunt for The Clairvoyant, and the repercussions of The Clairvoyant's manipulations. All with a little side order of 'trust no-one'.

In the MCU timeline, it runs concurrently with The Winter Soldier in some places, so I'd say this should be watched as a companion to that film, maybe watch after TWS with the understanding that this story started beforehand.

Trailer
Episode List
The Asset
Joined the story in Malta during the rescue of Dr. Hall.

T.R.A.C.K.S.
Lots of edits to bring the footage back into continuous narrative (original episode uses time jumps to tell the story). Some small trims keep things moving and remove duplication. Final scenes cut so we go from cellar to...

T.A.H.I.T.I.

End of the Beginning

Turn, Turn, Turn
Again, more trims and some scenes omitted.

Seeds and Yes Men
One scene from Seeds used, two from Yes Men.
Synopsis
S.H.I.E.L.D. searches for one of its assets, Dr. Franklin Hall, who was kidnapped by Ian Quinn. Heading to Malta with the team, Skye volunteers to infiltrate Quinn's mansion during a party so that Coulson and Ward can rescue Hall.

Skye tricks Quinn into believing she is betraying S.H.I.E.L.D. for the Rising Tide. However, Coulson soon discovers that Hall perpetrated his own kidnap in order to have access to the gravitonium generator, so he could destroy it.

Coulson warns him that doing so would end up killing innocents. Their disagreement forces Coulson to send Hall into the generator, seemingly vaporizing him, but shutting the machine down at the same time.

Coulson calls Quinn, who has connections to the Clairvoyant.

Hunting the Clairvoyant, the team boards a train in Italy on which a Cybertek Inc. security group is shipping a package to Quinn.

The team is exposed, forcing Coulson and Ward to flee the train. Meeting up with May, they get back to the train and Simmons, but Fitz and Skye are gone, having already followed the package to Quinn's mansion.

Skye is confronted by Quinn, and discovers the alive Peterson in a hyperbaric chamber. Inside the package is a high-tech prosthetic leg from Cybertek's "Project Deathlok" that Quinn fits onto Peterson's amputated right leg.

Quinn shoots Skye twice in the stomach and leaves her for dead. S.H.I.E.L.D. raids the mansion and finds Skye after capturing Quinn.

Simmons can only sustain Skye temporarily by placing her in the hyperbaric chamber. Skye is rushed to a S.H.I.E.L.D. medical facility, but the doctors are only able to stabilize her.

Agents John Garrett and Antoine Triplett arrive to take Quinn for questioning, but Coulson refuses to turn him over. Garrett decides to interrogate Quinn on the Bus, learning that the Clairvoyant ordered Quinn to shoot Skye so they could learn about Coulson's resurrection.

Fitz and Simmons, after looking over Coulson's files, realize that Coulson was revived at a place known as the "Guest House", where Coulson, Ward, Garrett, and Fitz head for answers.

Fitz finds the drug, while Coulson finds a room marked "T.A.H.I.T.I." where he finds the source of the drug, the upper half of a blue-skinned humanoid corpse.

Everyone escapes the facility, which was rigged to explode, and despite Coulson attempting to prevent Fitz from giving Skye the drug based on what he saw in the T.A.H.I.T.I. room, Fitz gets the drug to Simmons in time to successfully save Skye.

Simmons tries to analyse the drug given to Skye, but doesn't have enough left, so starts looking at Skye's blood.

Coulson tells Skye the origin of the drug used to revive them, and despite how disturbed Coulson is by this fact, Skye remains optimistic. He orders Skye to keep the origin of the drug a secret until Fury gives them the truth.

Unknown to them, May is monitoring their conversation, and reporting to someone else.

Agents Garrett, Triplett, Hand, Sitwell, and Blake join the team in hunt of the Clairvoyant. The agents pair up to pursue different candidates. While searching for Thomas Nash, May and Blake encounter Peterson/Deathlok and tag him with a tracker.

They soon converge on his new location while Triplett and Simmons stay at the Hub with Hand.

The team finds Nash, a vegetative man on life support who communicates through a computer. When Nash boasts about being the Clairvoyant and says that Centipede will kill Skye, Ward kills him.

Coulson and Skye soon realize that Nash was not the Clairvoyant, and that the Clairvoyant is a high-ranking member of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Coulson accuses Ward of working with the Clairvoyant and shooting Nash, but they are interrupted when Fitz discovers May's secret phone line.

As Coulson and Skye standoff with May in the hangar, control of the Bus is hijacked by the Hub, where Hand orders everyone onboard to be killed.

Garrett's jet is attacked by S.H.I.E.L.D. drones after the Bus is hijacked, and he rejoins the team.

At the Hub, Simmons and Triplett begin working together to secretly upload Simmons's research on Skye's blood, only for a Hydra assault on all S.H.I.E.L.D. facilities to force them into hiding.

Skye discovers a secret code in a signal on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s network that she deciphers to reveal Hydra's infiltration.

When the Bus arrives at the Hub, the group splits into teams to capture Hand. However, Hand reveals that she is not a member of Hydra but believes that Coulson is, and recruits Triplett and Simmons to aid her in stopping them.

Garrett accidentally discloses information that reveals himself as the true Clairvoyant, and is captured by Coulson and May.

Ward accompanies Hand to the Fridge so he can see to Garrett's imprisonment personally, but shortly reveals his own allegiance to Hydra by killing Hand and freeing Garrett.

Mid-credit scene is Reina being broken out of jail.
Running time is under 2h 20m, this will be cropped (2.35:1) and graded. Had some notes from some previewers that I need to work through, but otherwise done, so I hope to release in August.
How can I download and watch all your Marvel from Tv to movie edits. thank you so much!

Top Bottom