• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:

Is it too late to resurrect the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff?

Game of Thrones... In Space! ... As Presented By Comic Con Cosplayers.
:s

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As soon as the trailer started with the single piano note and a shot of Earth from space, I knew I was in for a bounty of schlock.

I was not prepared... This television show is the reason "Best Costume/Set Design" awards are thing. This is aggressively bad mise-en-scene. It doesn't help that it's filmed in IMAX Digital, so the lazy design is exacerbated, when these super detailed cameras are shooting "Bland White Interiors" or "Bland City Scape" 

This is the first Marvel property I've thought "Skip" right from the off.

Oh... Scott Buck's running it? What a surprise.

addiesin said:
Game of Thrones... In Space! ... As Presented By Comic Con Cosplayers.
:s

That's just insulting to cosplayers...

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
matrixgrindhouse said:

Is it too late to resurrect the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff?

You know there may be problem when the most interesting character is a giant teleporting dog LOL :p

I'd watch for the giant teleporting dog (still better than anything in Iron Fist, which I actually stopped watching halfway through, which I never did before regarding Marvel).

What sucks is that the show does seem to want to be heavily involved in the space politics, whereas the most interesting story the trailer presents is that of a man lost in strange land, who can't talk to anyone because his voice has the power to destroy worlds. It reminds me a lot of the X-Men Evolution episode where Cyclops is stranded in the middle of nowhere without his visor or shades, and he needs to get back to civilization without his sight.

Also, while I'm mad Agent Carter was cancelled, I accept they dropped it because it happened in the past, so it makes it easier to let go. But this series? It seems very hard to ignore the fact that there's a secret society living inside the moon. Depending how this series does, I won't be surprised if SHIELD season 5's last arc involves going to the moon to deal with whatever it is The Superior has been up to, along with tying up loose ends this show has before it gets cancelled.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So... how about that Damage Control project?  Any chance of that being rushed to series?  Maybe it's not too late to uncancel Agent Carter...

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Better trailer than the first. But still looks really bad. That's unfortunate.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Based on these trailers, I would happily trade the series' entire existence for a single AoS episode prominently featuring Tony or Cap.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I figure if we ever do get an Avenger (besides Phil) on the show, it'll either be Hawkeye or Quicksilver's rotting corpse - whichever has more charisma with the cast.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tried.  I tried so hard to keep an open mind.  I made it 90 minutes into the two hour pilot before admitting defeat.  The Inhumans might just be the worst televised drama I've seen yet.  There was nothing, nothing at all that worked for me.  The acting and writing are just awful.  I take back everything I ever said about Finn Jones - give the man an Emmy compared to this sorry lot.  I couldn't sympathize with any of the characters - they're all flat and lifeless.  The closest one I came to liking is the designated villain - if only because his stated motivations seem more heroic than the actual supposed heroes.  The cinematography is, other than some IMAX-centric establishing shots, boring.  The action scenes do not excite.  The soundtrack, with its techno covers of rock classics just left me shaking my head.  The humor isn't funny, the drama is often comical.  One scene involving Medusa in peril left me in a state of hysterical laughter.  Nothing was handled right.  This is the first MCU project I'm going to skip out on.  I doubt it'll ever matter, save perhaps a mention on the coming SHIELD season that I won't care enough about to understand.  It really was dreadful.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
 I couldn't sympathize with any of the characters - they're all flat and lifeless.  The closest one I came to liking is the designated villain - if only because his stated motivations seem more heroic than the actual supposed heroes.  

Agreed.  If you not an Inhuman, you are made essentially a slave and sent to work in the mines!?!! How is the audience suppose to support heroes like these?

They got pretty much everything wrong with these characters and this world.  And worst yet, and the biggest offence, they made it completely boring

Doubt I will watch another episode.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seriously.  At least the quality of life for your average Asgardian is depicted as being pretty decent, Odin's reign completely benevolent.  These guys, not so much. 

"Villain": You know, if we lived on Earth, we wouldn't have to toil as slaves, and those of us without powers can live full, meaningful lives.

"Hero": Nah.  Just trust me on this.  Because I am the king.

Also, wouldn't it make more sense for the people with powers to be doing the heavy labor?  You know, since they have powers?

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The first 2 episodes were directed by Roel Reine... The acclaimed director of "The Scorpion King 3" and.... "Miscellaneous Schlock"

This was never going to be good, was it?

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm probably going to stick this out a little longer than most. At the very least, this show has a camp factor that makes it slightly more bearable than Iron Fist, and I'm digging Anson Mount's portrayal of Black Bolt, but yeah, I don't expect this to last more than one season.

Also, I love that this show is so unspectacular that it doesn't even get it's own thread, instead having to bum off of the one for Agents of SHIELD.  :p

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So after watching the third episode, I'm still enjoying Anton Mount's role as Black Bolt (apparently he made 50 pages worth of hand gesture communication when the pilot director asked only for 16 signs, so kudos for dedication), and I'm starting to enjoy Gorgon and Karnak's interactions with the Hawaiian natives and drug runners respectively, and the longer they can keep around Mordis and his Power Rangers villain outfit the better. However, things like Medusa feeling guilt over stealing clothes, food and money feel out of place with someone who regularly condemns people to work in slave mines, and that reminds me hat we're still stuck with the fact that Maximus isn't really a villain.

Which is such a shame, since there's a flashback in the episode that would make the series easier to sell. Black Bolt, the next King of Attilan, faces the threat of imprisonment if he can't control his powers? Then open the show to slowly after his coronation, and make his plan to migrate to the Earth slowly over time, that way he doesn't end up killing his 1,400 citizens. You can start off with Black Bolt just wanting more space for his own needs, and then have him interact with Earth-bound Inhumans that teach him about humility and such.

You can still have Maximus be someone who wants freedom for all Inhumans, but maybe he can construct a mind-control device (a shoutout to the mind control powers he has in the comics) to quell the upstarts who stand in his way. Maybe even have a secondary villain from the Hawaii who witnesses the Royal Family come to Earth and rallies up a resistance under the pretense of "I already lost my home to the mainlanders (the USA), I'm not going to lose it to Inhumans, too!" You know, make the factions of the story walking a gray area and feeding into the theme of not thinking of yourself as superior just because of genetics.

I mean, there's still 5 more episodes, but I doubt it's going to get anywhere near that deep.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm still enjoying Anton Mount's role as Black Bolt (apparently he made 50 pages worth of hand gesture communication when the pilot director asked only for 16 signs, so kudos for dedication)
From what I can read, he seems to really respect the role and love the source material.

There was an article I saw that mentioned he had a Sad Affleck moment when people didn't like the final product.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bounty Hunter Fitz is my headcanon young Han Solo.

I'm loving this new season.

arjun212

Reaction score
Trophy Points
/\ /\ wait till u get to the latest episode like what the actual fuck fitz , best arc in tv  right now

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The last few episodes have really been phenomenal.  This is without a doubt the best season yet.  It really feels like it'll be the last.  I wish it weren't so, but I never expected a second season, let alone five and a triple-digit episode count.  If they're going out, they're doing it in a magnificent fashion.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's great for the most part, arguably the best season so far (although season 4 was great as well), but I really wish they hadn't
given Fitz and Simmons a grandson. 

The whole thing feels contrived (how come one of the few humans left alive in the future just so happens to be the grandson of two of the main characters of the show), plus it irritates me because I have a pet peeve about characters that start out on a series without children having children during the course of the series. I don't mind characters starting out with children, but if they start out without any, I desperately want them to stay without any for the entirety of the show's run. That's probably just a quirk unique to me, though, and may or may not have something to do with my obsessive-compulsive disorder. In any case, I feel so strongly about such plotlines that I've actually fanedited a television show ("White Collar") for myself to remove a pregnancy storyline, and want to do the same for at least two more ("Doctor Who" and "The King of Queens"). And since I've always felt that Fitz and Simmons should have stayed platonic (I like the brother/sister dynamic they had in season 1, to the point that their romantic relationship still feels vaguely incestuous to me), I feel even more strongly about this one.

I'm hoping that they pull a twist where in order to break the time loop and prevent the Earth's destruction, something must be done which will cause Fitz and Simmons' daughter and grandson to have never existed. Bonus points if their grandson has to make the decision himself and cause his own non-existence.

Top Bottom