• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

AgentAika: DVD Fanedit Tutorial

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1: Used DVDShrink to rip the desired titles from the DVD to a folder. (Don't know if DVD Decrypter allows you to view and choose what title to rip)

2: Used PGCDemux to demux the video and audio streams

3: Used HeadAC3e to convert the ac3 into a wav

4: multiplexed the wav and m2v files into one mpg using TMPGEnc

5: That mpg was out of sync

I guess as a last-ditch effort I could try using DVD decrypter to rip, but I really doubt that that is the problem. It's odd, the source material here is 35mm, and this same process worked for Summit/Last Stand which were the same film format.

I also got a hold of Virtualdub and used it to determine the approx time delay needed to resync the video (just by adding a delay and tweaking the numbers until I got it as close as possible), and then re-tried steps 1-4, only this time used the delay function for HeadAC3e. Still not in sync. Even if it had worked, the sync wasn't perfect in Vdub.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- don't use DVDshrink. Use AnyDVD or DVD Decrypter or RpiIt4Me with DVD Decrypter

this migth have actually been the problem.

If you use ImagoMPEG-Muxer and mux the ac3 and the m2v file, is it in sync?

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I edited my post to explain why I used shrink. It worked for the first 5 edits I did. But no harm in trying decrypter out. I will report back on whether or not that works.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I used to use DVD Decrypter to rip the DVDs, but when it came to the 10DVD Matrix box it failed for the first time. It ripped the stuff, but the audio was not in sync (strange coincidence, hm?). There were like 10 seconds from the beginning missing. So I switched DVD FAB PLATINUM and it worked perfectly until I tried to rip SILENT HILL. AnyDVD was the only ripper that could rip that at all and so far AnyDVD has NEVER let me down.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you have a link? All I kind find is Slysoft AnyDVD, which isn't a ripper...

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh yes it is!
Once installed it will produce a little symbol next to your watch, right click on it and viola! rip DVD

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nah, don't stop here. What was not working?

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I right-clicked it like probably 15 times and nothing happened. But then after a while, I tried again and suddenly the windows menu thing popped up.

Anyway, I ripped the contents of the disc with AnyDVD, but it's still coming out out of sync. Thanks for all the help, though. It might be time to give up. If anybody has any other ideas, I am all ears.

For now, I am going to try Atlantis and see if that works, there are episodes of that show on my list to edit. If all else fails, I can use Shrink to re-author and achieve a similar result, it just won't be seemless. But it's still better than switching discs, putting up with a minute of FBI warnings, fast-forwarding through the 'previously on' parts, ect.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
have you tried imago mpeg muxer?
Is the muxed file with ac3 audio out of sync?

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1: No
2: I never muxed the file with the ac3 track, I converted the ac3 into a wav and then muxed it.

It doesn't matter. I give up for now. I got The Siege Parts I, II and III converted and edited, then I exported and there is an error at the II/III cut point that pixelates the screen and causes sync to be lost. However the sync is fine on the actual mpgs. So this is a totally new problem. I tried re-encoding, but it didn't help. The universe just does not want me to continue this project right now. Again, thanks for the technical help though.

Top Bottom