• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.4 - Can't Export MP4

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can export MP4 just fine when they're short length, like a few minutes. However I can't export feature length MP4s which is why I always used MPEG2 files (.mpg) when exporting my Amazing Spider-Man edits (since I've edited them in Stereo mpg didn't bother me, and when we collaborated with CommandBen for Hobbit he was the exporter). However soon I will export edits with 6.1, 5.1 and maybe 7.1 later, and MPEG2 (.mpg) doesn't support those.

The problem is, I can't export MP4 edits properly. Sometimes the export fails, sometimes it exports 24 byte file (as far as I remember) with a huge problem "can't render file". Can someone help? Does anyone know what the problem is? How can I fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming all your render settings are the same as for your short clips, the only thing that immediately comes to mind is hard drive space.  I would imagine that you have enough space in your output directory, but does Premiere have any scratch workspace setting in the preferences? If so, it could be that is set to some location on your C drive, which doesnt have enough space.

If that isn't it, you might want to contact Adobe support.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Assuming all your render settings are the same as for your short clips, the only thing that immediately comes to mind is hard drive space.  I would imagine that you have enough space in your output directory, but does Premiere have any scratch workspace setting in the preferences? If so, it could be that is set to some location on your C drive, which doesnt have enough space.

Well, the adobe folder with the cache files is in the D drive which has enough space to use them and export as well. I don't know about a scratch workspace setting. Does it have to do with that Adobe folder?

I will also contact Adobe support.

Masirimso17 said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

Well, the adobe folder with the cache files is in the D drive which has enough space to use them and export as well. I don't know about a scratch workspace setting. Does it have to do with that Adobe folder?

I will also contact Adobe support.

I've had similar problems with Premier Pro.  The solution I found was to lower the speed by which the file is rendered.  Basically, I presumed it was overheating after working so hard for so long.  So, I increased the time it would spend rendering the file and lowered the maximum processing speed on the power management.  That seems to work for me.

its-working-its-working.gif

The way I solved it was, I uninstalled everything Adobe-related, then I applied the help I got the Adobe forums. Both times I tried exporting doing these worked perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom