• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Adobe Encore

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was thinking of editing Superman I & II into 1 flick & I'm also considering editing Star Wars I, II & III into one film aswell.

I use Adobe Encore to burn my Edits onto DVD. I know Encore can Transcode & compress files to fit onto a DVD, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any size limits with Encore? As I think 3 films onto one disc maybe... well... taking things too far for this particular program.

Thanks. :smile:

the one thing I am glad about: you are obviously back to fanediting! :)
And I don't like Encore... way too complicated for what I want to get.

boon23 said:
the one thing I am glad about: you are obviously back to fanediting! :).

Judging by my poll ratings for the Star Wars films I think you're the only one!!! :lol:

boon23 said:
And I don't like Encore... way too complicated for what I want to get.

I know what you mean. It's so temperamental & it crashed so many times when I did the subtitles for my edits that I cried. Seriously.

If you know of a better program I'm all ears. Especially if it can compress a 6hr film onto 1 DVD.

I would use mroe than one program for that.
- 6h on one (hopefully DL) DVD: use DVD Decrypter to shrink from a much bigger version, if this is not working, use CCE as encoder to gain teh best possible quality. I know this bugger is way complicated to use, but it is worth it by all means.
- Subtitles: I use subtitle wokrshop but there are some better tools outside, very easy to use and very effective
- authoring: DVD LAB PRO all the way. Complicated, but stable and very effective.

(and just becuase your edits didn't get so many votes, doesn't mean they are bad, it can mean that the voters did not watch them or that the others were a bit better, but there is a huge difference to bad. I watched about each of your edits and they are all quite well crafted. Nothing to be ashamed of. [and I was not forced to write this.])

I use DVD Decrypter so I'm cool with that. I like the idea of using a specialized subitle program, Encore was so dodgey when it came to that. I haven't heard of DVD LAB PRO but the words "stable" is very appealing.

Regarding you're last comment... the cheques in the post!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom