• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ace Ventura Extended Edition by mcfly89

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
original film name: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
new film name: Ace Ventura Extended Edition
film studio name: Warner Brothers Pictures
edit crew name: mcfly89
Date Original Film Was Released: 1994
Date Edit Was Released: June 28, 2008
Original Runtime: 86 min (NTSC)
New Runtime: 97 min (NTSC)

Amount of time Cut/Added: Over 10 minutes added.

Cuts added/extended include:

00:18:56 - 00:19:36 (0:40) Extended Heinz Gezwellwert, trainer of dolphin!
00:49:36 - 00:52:55 (3:19) Ace talks to a gas station attendant / Ace questions patrons at a bar in Finkle's hometown
01:08:44 - 01:13:55 (5:11) Ace calls Emilio from the mental hospital / Ace drops off Melissa / Ace looks up information on Einhorn with Woodstock / Ace goes stagediving and sings with the band Cannibal Corpse
01:18:02 - 01:18:26 (0:24) Dolphins management and Melissa in the owners booth
01:24:21 - 01:25:13 (0:52) Einhorn tries to shoot Snowflake, Snowflake steals Einhorn's gun and then gives it back to her instead of Ace

Fanedit details:

DVD NTSC
29.976 framerate
4:3 Pan & Scan
Dolby 2.0 Stereo (AC3)
NO MENU, MOVIE ONLY

Your intention for this fanedit:

To add exclusive TV footage back into the film.  Currently, the TV footage available is in the 4:3 format, so this footage was edited back into a Pan & Scan version of the movie.

persons involved: TV capture and editing done by mcfly89 (originaltrilogy.com)

Maybe downloadable from .info

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Ace Ventura Extended Edition" by mcfly89

a review by joebshmoe

In this edit, mcfly89 has capped a TV broadcast of "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" shown on TBS in fullscreen (4:3, pan & scan) and has edited the exclusive content back into an official fullscreen (4:3, pan & scan) version of the movie.

Entertainment: (8/10) - Original = 7/10

Several of the added scenes provide important transitional elements to the story, while others are totally unnecessary (but funny and/or interesting). All of the added scenes are great to see in this context, and should be an essential improvement to the original theatrical version. This is, however, just MORE of Ace Ventura not a transformation into Citizen Kane.

Video Quality: (7/10)

The video quality is not great, but VERY watchable. The TV footage is noticeable (a slight drop in quality and station logo) and even video taken from the official fullscreen release is pixelated. Also, the fact that this is fullscreen is slightly disappointing, but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Audio Quality: (9/10)

Audio quality was OK. I did not notice any drops, hard cuts or distortions that were too distracting. The bulk of the edit comes straight from the official DVD, which helps here a lot.

Editing: (10/10)

All edits are seamless and TV footage is spliced into the appropriate location in the official movie. The improved quality of the official DVD, lack of station logos and lack of commercials or commercial fade-in or fade-out make this an essential improvement over a TV edit preservation. This was a perfectly executed project.

There is literally no way this can be improved without the TV footage being available in a widescreen format, which MAY be available sometime soon. An OT.com member has posted screenshots of a TNT HD broadcast, but has not made it available yet. This would likely offer a drastic improvement in quality in comparison.

Presentation: (6/10)

This was released as a movie-only DVD. No menu, but some pretty fun artwork. Chapters are included.

Fanedit Rating: 8/10

ABSOLUTELY approved for FE.org. Recommended, even. Fans of preservations will be easily pleased with this one.

link to the extended edition thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5785

Also, be on the lookout for mcfly89's other TV extended edition: Waterworld

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks a lot for adding this, joebshmoe. Especially for the FE info with the exact timings for the additional scenes.

bat-fink

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The car-horn scene at the gas station was incredible!
I watched just that clip about 80 times with friends.
Why they ever cut that from the original i dont know, but if they kept it in THAT would have been echoed by fans and drivers all over the world for years!

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This one has vanished from .info - anyone have it?

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's on .org, but not .info. I can't find any links to it whatsoever.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can this still be posted here since it contains unofficially released material? According to the rules:

Original required:
A legally available source must be used for all fanedits. Fanedits must not be created from illegal sources. This includes TV broadcasts.

Or is that simply implying that the bulk of the edit has to be from a commercially available source and not a tv broadcast?

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unless the deleted footage is commercially available, this edit does not qualify for inclusion on the site, and if it were available, the source used would need to be from commercial sources, not caps.

This thread will be left open in the hopes that commercial sources may be out there, but at this time, even should links exist to it, we will not list this edit.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As far as I know the new scenes from the tv cut have never been officially released. In fact the only film I've ever seen where the official DVD includes scenes from the tv cut as an extra is with Jason Goes To Hell. Of course the first Halloween film has had its tv cut officially released but regarding the specific new scenes for tv broadcast Jason Goes To To Hell is the only one I know of.

tronvillain

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am almost positive that the VHS version contains these scenes. It definitely contains "Extended Heinz Gezwellwert, trainer of dolphin", since having watched the VHS countless times as a kid, I was mystified to not see that (and other scenes) when watching it a couple of years ago on DVD. When I am home at Christmas, I will grab it and check.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can remember the scene with Ace singing, it has to be on VHS.

frizzylizzy211

Reaction score
Trophy Points
joebshmoe said:
original film name: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
new film name: Ace Ventura Extended Edition
film studio name: Warner Brothers Pictures
edit crew name: mcfly89
Date Original Film Was Released: 1994
Date Edit Was Released: June 28, 2008
Original Runtime: 86 min (NTSC)
New Runtime: 97 min (NTSC)

Amount of time Cut/Added: Over 10 minutes added.

Cuts added/extended include:

00:18:56 - 00:19:36 (0:40) Extended Heinz Gezwellwert, trainer of dolphin!
00:49:36 - 00:52:55 (3:19) Ace talks to a gas station attendant / Ace questions patrons at a bar in Finkle's hometown
01:08:44 - 01:13:55 (5:11) Ace calls Emilio from the mental hospital / Ace drops off Melissa / Ace looks up information on Einhorn with Woodstock / Ace goes stagediving and sings with the band Cannibal Corpse
01:18:02 - 01:18:26 (0:24) Dolphins management and Melissa in the owners booth
01:24:21 - 01:25:13 (0:52) Einhorn tries to shoot Snowflake, Snowflake steals Einhorn's gun and then gives it back to her instead of Ace

Fanedit details:

DVD NTSC
29.976 framerate
4:3 Pan & Scan
Dolby 2.0 Stereo (AC3)
NO MENU, MOVIE ONLY

Your intention for this fanedit:

To add exclusive TV footage back into the film.  Currently, the TV footage available is in the 4:3 format, so this footage was edited back into a Pan & Scan version of the movie.

persons involved: TV capture and editing done by mcfly89 (originaltrilogy.com)

Maybe downloadable from .info

Hi there! I have been having such a difficult time finding an extended version of this film. I was wondering if you had a link to this fanedit of yours? Thank you so much!

Lizzy

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hi there. First, joebshmoe didn't make that edit, and he hasn't been here in a long time. Second, please read the rules. No requests for download links are allowed in the forum (outside of the requests section).

.d3ad

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh whoa! Totally forgot about the German trainer scene, and that Cannibal Corpse scene was epic! Would have loved to see a cut with all of that back in the film. The movie has so much replay value.

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe this can be revisited, with any SD and/or TV footage cropped for proper aspect ratio and upscaled if needed.

.d3ad

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I do see the dolphin trainer scene is on youtube, highest is 360p. At least for the one I found.

Top Bottom