• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ace Attorney - The Animated Movie

Koregan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
View media item 1123

Hello folks ! I'm new in the forum and just came to submit my first fanedit.

I'm a huge fan of the Ace Attorney video games and when an animated adaptation came out in 2016, I could only jump on it. However, upon watching this series, despite its undeniable fidelity, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. You could see that the animation couldn't be polished as it should have been, Phoenix had been changed into a classic shonen character and some iconic scenes from the original game lacked fantasy in their execution. That's why I've been nurturing the crazy dream of adapting the anime series into a more consistent and much more satisfying whole for a few years.

To begin with, I thought that the film format would be ideal to adapt the main arcs of the different games of the trilogy separately, it would allow a more sustained rhythm and to clean up some superfluous passages.

I just finished the animated film adaptation of the DL6 arc, covering the main events of the first game. My plan would be to cover all the games and put them together in a collection of fanedits called "The Blue'n Spiky Collection".

This fanedit aims to offer more refined characterization than the one presented in the anime. Phoenix is no longer a wriggling shonen hero, but a beginner who finds the answer to his questions in the chaos and thanks to the help of his relatives. Some iconic music missing from the adaptation has been restored in its orchestral form, without falling into a silly and gratuitous citation. Logical links have been integrated into the story, shots have been changed and the order of some scenes has been modified for a better exposition.

Here are some more precise explanations on what awaits you in this collection, and more concretely, in this first film.

-What is the « Blue'n Spiky Collection » ?

This collection edited by Koregan aims to create a cinematic experience with the Ace Attorney anime as a source. The author wants to correct the imperfections of the original material while bringing his personnal vision of the series in a respectful way. This ambitious project is intended to adapt the Phoenix Wright trilogy with special care and to make the qualities of the story shine. You are currently watching the first volume of a collection of five !

Tagline: Lady justice will be served !

Synopsis: When his boss is brutaly murdered, young rookie attorney Phoenix Wright relies on her precious teaching to catch the killer. But the path to the truth isn't the safest, and the arrival of a childhood friend will may test an ancient promise.

Intention: Experience a brand new take on the Ace Attorney anime, edited to adapt the DL-6 arc in a single epic movie. This edition features a new soundtrack, reworked visuals and several others surprises. The ultimate anime adaptation of the AA series ! This project does not alter the story, but has the purpose to enhances it in many degrees.

Sources: The Ace Attorney anime (ep.1-13), Ace Attorney audio sounds from the games and multiples remixes from the original soundtrack, as well as the Gyakuten Saiban live-action movie.

GENERAL CHANGES:

–Overall new grading to give more depth to the colors.

–Murder at Gourd Lake recolorized for better visibility and atmosphere.

-General SFX from the games.

CUTS AND ADDITIONS:

–Added a shot with Morgan Fey in the village of Kurain, for better pacing and contextualization.

–Moved the DL-6 flashback with Misty Fey summoning Gregory Edgeworth at the beginning.

–Added " Stolen Property ", a theme from the Gyakuten Saiban movie.

–Added a whispering sound to bring more life to the room.

–Added a ghost sound when Misty summons Gregory.

–Added a suspenseful sound when Misty has finished her summoning.

–Added a psyche lock shot breaking.

–Moved Edgeworth's elevator nightmare right after it, to illustrate Gregory's death.

–Added " Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright " as the opening title.

–Big trimming of the first episode of the anime " The First Turnabout ", to simply introduce Phoenix as a rookie lawyer and to introduce the main characters.

–Added a scene with Von Karma talking to Miles Edgeworth, to foreshadow their future appearance.

–Removed congratulations from the judge and Mia at the end of the trial.

–Removed Phoenix forgetting his bike in court.

–Rescored Mia and Maya talking on the phone with the " Sister's Theme " track.

–Added the " Jeiler's Elegy" track to the detention center scene.

–Added the " Age, Regret, Retribution " track during the meeting between Phoenix and Grossberg.

–Added the " Detective Itonoko, Pal " track to the investigation scene with Gumshoes at Fey & Law's office.

–Removed the line " He never lost a case. " to Phoenix's Miles Edgeworth exposition scene, to avoid presenting Edgeworth as an unbeatable prodigy, which would diminish the importance of Von Karma's invulnerability.

–Recut of the scene where Phoenix asks Maya to take him as a lawyer, with the addition of the track " Heartbroken Maya ". The original was, in my opinion, too romanticized.

–Removed the scene where Phoenix rides his bike to court and Edgeworth drives in his car, for a more fluid and sober approach.

–Added the « Objection » theme from the Gyakuten Saiban movie.

–The line " Last time, i had Mia by my side. But today, I have to fight alone to saveher sister " has been replaced by « After years of dreams and hard work, i madeit. This is why i became a lawyer in the first place. »

–Removed original ending scene of episode 2.

–Rescored beginning of the trial with the « Court begins » track.

–Added « Happy People » track when Masha Vril appears.

–Removed all Masha Vril's remarks during Edgeworth's statement.

–Replaced all the poorly animated shots by better ones from the Steel Samurai case.

–Removed the short scene where Phoenix clarifies the fate of Masha after the trial.

–Shortened confrontation between Phoenix and Redd White, the arrival of Gumshoes is deleted.

–Removed the scene where Phoenix reveals to Maya that he intends to defend himself.

–Removed Edgeworth's line " The defense's argument crushed and shattered by itself " followed by Phoenix's cry.

–Removed Redd White's line about Phoenix's spiky haircut, followed by Maya's encouragement.

–Removed the scene where Edgeworth counters all of Phoenix's arguments in front of Redd White.

–Rescored the scene of Maya's return to her own body by the " Sister's Theme " of the Gyakuten Saiban movie.

–Removed the Steel Samurai arc to keep the focus on the DL-6 case.

–Removed Tektiv line about the Steel Samouraï case, which never occurs in this cut.

–Added the " Detective Itonoko, Pal " track to the investigation scene with Gumshoes at Gourd Lake.

–Added the " Age, Regret, Retribution " track during the second meeting with Grossberg.

–Replaced all the poorly animated shots by better ones from deleted content.

–Added the « Sister's Theme » track to the scene with the metal detector at Lac Gourd.

–Removed Polly's line " Don't forget DL-6 " when Phoenix and Maya knock on theold's man door, to avoid repetition with later events and preserve surspens.

–Removed the shot where Paul jumps into the air and Von Karma's line " Bailiffs, throw this buffoon out at once ! "

–Added a landing sound when Paul begins to speak.

–Removed the judge's line about the postponement of the trial.

–Replaced the shot of Phoenix, Miles and Paul as kids by a shot from episode 13.

–Replaced Edgeworth's nightmare with a vision of his father speaking to him before he was killed.

–Rescored the scene where Edgeworth tells his nightmare to the court with anarrangement of the « Reminiscnece DL-6 » track.

–Replaced the line « It was not the bullet that wounded you. It was truth! » by « That's not it. It's my job to stand for people who have no one else in their corner. I'll do whatever it takes to fight for the truth. That's what a lawyer does ! »

–Rescored victory scene with the « Won The Case – First Victory » track.

–Rescored Maya's leaving scene with the « Sister's Theme » from the Gyakuten Saiban movie.

–Removed Phoenix's line « Goodbye Maya. I know someday, we will meet again. »

–Added flashback about Phoenix and Miles as kids from episode 13 and rescoredit with the «End» theme of the first game.

–Added the « Miles Edgeworth choose death » from end of the episode 13 to conclude the movie.

–Ending song replaced by the « End » theme from the first game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My friend and I are huge Ace Attorney fans. I can take a look at this!

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never watched the entirety of the series but i did play the games many years ago. I also remember Takeshi Miike adapted the first game into a live action film which told the cases 1,2 and 5 in one film - I think is what you're also doing here?

Koregan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My friend and I are huge Ace Attorney fans. I can take a look at this!
Wow, glad to learn you like this universe too ! I love your Spidey edits ! :D
I never watched the entirety of the series but i did play the games many years ago. I also remember Takeshi Miike adapted the first game into a live action film which told the cases 1,2 and 5 in one film - I think is what you're also doing here?
Yep, my edit was pretty much inspired by the 2012 live action movie for pace and structure !

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just want to say that I have watched this, and I will write a review for this, I've just been swamped with my studies and creative work that I keep putting this out. But I will post my review soon

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is being reviewed by Masirimso17. Could it be noted as such?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First edition was unapproved, but has been reportedly fixed since in a new version. I haven't checked the revised version as of yet. I'm going to try to get it done as soon as possible. Don't be afraid to remind me often please.

oiger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Koregan the box art has a grammar error: "... a childhood friend will may test an ancient promise". Only will or may should stay to fix the grammar.

also wished the credits showed the full voice cast instead of only episode 13 (anyone who voiced this movie basically), and perhaps some captions on screen to go with the japanese text.

Overall: Awesome edit that brought out the good of the original flawed anime!

Last edited:

Koregan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Koregan the box art has a grammar error: "... a childhood friend will may test an ancient promise". Only will or may should stay to fix the grammar.

also wished the credits showed the full voice cast instead of only episode 13 (anyone who voiced this movie basically), and perhaps some captions on screen to go with the japanese text.

Overall: Awesome edit that brought out the good of the original flawed anime!

Thanks for your comment, i'll correct the grammatical error ! It's cool to get some feedback, since english is not my native langage !

Good Idea for the credits ! I'll add it somehow in an updated version !

Thank you for your time :D

Top Bottom