• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

AC3 file - no sound in Womble project

Juic0r

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
im not getting any sound in my womble. im using a ac3 file.. the fil ewill play in anything else i put it in (ie. Windows Media Player), but it will not give any sound in womble? suggestions?

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you perhaps acidentally mute the audio channel (right click on the channel and then "mute") ??

Juic0r

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lolz not that noob. i was just wondering if anyone else has ever come across something like this

Juic0r

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
my womble outputs no sound what so ever, no mp3, ac3 no wav.... anyway to change this?

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never experienced that problem with Womble, when ever I have imported an ac3 file it has played with sound with no problems. Cant think why this would be happening. But the fact that it is not playing any audio file, including mp3 is very odd, which would possibly point to a setting issue. Have you tried uninstalling then re installing?

Juic0r

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes sir, but i can never achieve a full uninstal because next time i instal it doesn't ask me for a cd key.

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, so you open up Womble, you click File tab, you then right click inside that tab 'Import Items' and choose an mp3 track somewhere on your pc for example. That should now be viewable when clicking the audio button from within that tab. Drag in into the audio line (violin icon) of the time line section. Drag the frame line to the start, and click play in the Output section. No sound?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Juic0r said:
im not getting any sound in my womble. im using a ac3 file.. the fil ewill play in anything else i put it in (ie. Windows Media Player), but it will not give any sound in womble? suggestions?

i get the same problem too!!!

Juic0r

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
Juic0r said:

i get the same problem too!!!

whats ur other option then?? what program do u use?

and ZEB. thats exactly what happens, no sound, i get the picture, just no sound

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i still use womble

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is quite strange. You might want to try making sure you have all the codecs installed (you likely do if they play in media players)... if it's JUST AC3, you might try installing AC3-Filter (Google it) - that might help - but if not, it is beneficial for when you playback video with AC3, as it helps to equalize it a bit if you have a stereo system (low volume problems, etc). Womble is a mess... it's a blessing and a curse! Haha.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Try downloading the latest version of Dvix. That solved a problem I had months ago not playing sound from DVDs.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have found that installing the latest k-lite codec pack (full) has helped with lots of little things. it also saves from finding, DLing and installing 500 different codecs.

Juic0r

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well no dice, i got codecs and shit and still nothing, doesn't make much sense

Top Bottom