• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

About bloody time!!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got a very big surprise in the post this morning, My exchange has finally been upgraded to LLU! only a year and a half late but hey who's counting :) A quick call to my ISP and they have upgraded my account from 8mb to 24mb!

WIN!!!

Our exchange was made ADSL2+ in the early part of the year - I went from 7mb to 10mb. Randomly checking the other day and those 'ole barstewards SKY have unbundled my exchange! Needless to say, as of Monday, I will be on LLU, COMPLETELY UNLIMITED AND UNTHROTTLED!!!!!!!!! (and apparently, I should be getting 13.5mb)

MORE WIN!!!

Nice one 8)

I was quoted 10.5mb, do you know how far away your exchange is?

I took out the ring wire and a bunch of other redundant cables in my master socket today. Previously my connection was a highly unreliable 3.5Mbit. It's now shot up to 7.2Mbit and is rock solid.

The way you do this is by removing all the wires from all the terminals in the socket excluding the cable in terminals 2 and 5.

Ghostcut said:
I took out the ring wire and a bunch of other redundant cables in my master socket today. Previously my connection was a highly unreliable 3.5Mbit. It's now shot up to 7.2Mbit and is rock solid.

The way you do this is by removing all the wires from all the terminals in the socket excluding the cable in terminals 2 and 5.

Yah - that's what I did when I moved, I think it certainly helped with noise on the line.

Nom - not far from the exchange, about 1.5km I think. Who exactly has unbundled your exchange?

Well I was hoping for BE but Tiscali got there first and I've moved to their Pro or Plus package. Just removed my ring wire and while speedtest only gives me 5.5mbps my router thinks I'm connected at 7798 kbps.

nOmArch said:
Well I was hoping for BE but Tiscali got there first and I've moved to their Pro or Plus package. Just removed my ring wire and while speedtest only gives me 5.5mbps my router thinks I'm connected at 7798 kbps.

7798 is your sync rate. You won't ever achieve that speed as your actual speed, after overheads will typically be 85% of the sync rate. I used to sync at 8128, but my speed was never above 7.15Mb.

http://freeola.com/support/optimising_adsl_sync.php

I would expect you to be getting at least 6mb, but then I don't know about TalkTalk throttling.

Just tried a quick test with RS using a 200Mb file and got 750Kb which I can live with til the upgrade. :)

Pfft. Nice upload speed.

:p

yep it's somewhat crappy but believe it or not its pretty good for the UK.

Can't wait til I'm actually on a true 24Mb line.

nOmArch said:
yep it's somewhat crappy but believe it or not its pretty good for the UK.

Can't wait til I'm actually on a true 24Mb line.

*confused* - what are you on now then? If it's a non-LLU product, then it's ADSL2+, which is a true 24MB product?

You know you won't get 24MB down don't you? It's likely to be around what you're getting now - based on your attenuation and distance from exchange.

LLU frees you from the BT network and the dreaded bRAS profiling system. Presumably, you'll be moved to the TalkTalk LLU(as they own Tiscali). Not sure of their restrictions.

In my case, I now have unlimited, unthrottled broadband through Sky on their LLU product, I get the same upspeed and about 1MB faster(11.5MB) down than the BT product. And it's Ace.

According to the diagram I found online at 1.1 km I should (assuming optimal conditions) be getting 20 mbits as it is I get 13 to 15mbits average which im very happy with and once I'm on talktalk plus no more damn throttling and shaping. which hopefully will be ace as well :)

New line installed and everything has been working fine for a few days now.

Here's mine:

1030153955.png

And here's mine.

Loving that upload :rockon:

Tweaked a few settings

Back
Top Bottom