• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A View to A Kill - The LS Cut - A Last Survivor fanedit

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Qz69CuZ.jpg

Original title:  A View to A Kill

Fanedit title: A View to A Kill - The LS Cut

Studios: Eon Productions, United Artists
Faneditor: Last Survivor 
Originally released: 1985
Fanedit release: June 2020 
Original running time: 131 minutes approx
Fanedit running time: 124 minutes approx
Cut time: 7 minutes cut
Started edit: March 2020
Finished edit: June 2020

Synopsis and Purpose of Edit:

A View to a Kill is often classified as Roger Moore's one outing too far - in other words, it's the Bond film where he's too old to play the part.  However, that in itself has never bothered me - why can't we have an older version of Bond anyways?  But there's little doubt that A View to a Kill is not a perfect Bond film.  From the ill advised use of the Beach Boys song "California Girls" during the opening ski chase, to the over use of sexual innuendos which even for Moore are a little too much, to the inconsistent quality of editing and choreography for some of the fight scenes, there's still plenty to fix here for a faneditor.

So, the intention with this edit is to present a final outing for Moore's 007 which is tighter, a tad more serious and overall an extremely entertaining way to end the Moore era.  Welcome to A View to a Kill - The LS Cut

Cutlist:

-    Removed Beach Boys song during opening ski chase, replaced with John Barry’s score
-    Slight cut when Bond enters the escape vehicle camouflaged as an iceberg, to remove the romantic scene with intelligence operative Kimberly Jones
-    Cut Bond’s line “There’s a fly in his soup” after Aubergine has been killed
-    Sightly restructured the Eifel tower scene as Bond chases after Mayday to try and Improve the flow
-    Removed jumping platform when Mayday jumps off the Eifel tower
-    Cut Bond trying to pursue Mayday after she has jumped off the Eifel tower
-    As Bond and Tibbet are investigating the stables, have cut the fight scene which ensues with the security guards due to the comedic nature
-    Bond is still waiting for Mayday in her bedroom, but we no longer see her get into bed with Bond.  This is due to awkward jump cut which is present in the film (probably done to hide some unwanted nudity)
-    Removed dialogue between Tibbet and Bond, which references the fight they had in the barn (as in this cut, the fight never happens)
-    Trimmed scene where the guy who does not     agree with Zorin’s Silicon Valley plan, is forced out of the airship and falls to his death.  We only briefly see him fall now – this is to remove the blatant use of a dummy
-    Trimmed dialogue between Pola Ivanova and Bond at the Spa, in an attempt to erase the most cringe worthy moments of not very subtle innuendo 
-    Re-edited the fight scene between Bond and Zorin’s henchmen at Stacy’s house.  In an ideal world I would have completely cut this scene.  However, the scene has to stay as it allows Stacy to trust Bond.  Have tried to re-edit the scene to hide the awful wig one of the stuntmen is wearing as much as possible, and to sharpen up the sequence to improve what is in all honesty a pretty poorly put together fight scene.  It’s still far from perfect mind (this involved some sound replacement work)
-    Trimmed the fire truck chase sequence, in an effort to remove the silliest of moments and try to make the cops seem less like complete idiots
-    As Bond is hanging from Zorin’s airship, removed the scene of him colliding with the radio mast, as it’s only there for comedy value
-    Trimmed some of the over the top innuendo dialogue when Bond and Stacy are in the shower, just before end credits start

Special Features:

Audio Commentary by Last Survivor

Technical Details:

16:9 Anamorphic. MP4 - HD
Stereo.
Software used: Vegas Pro 16, VirtualDub, Audacity, DG Index,  Xara Photo & Graphic Designer, DVD Fab
Fanedit Artwork by Sophie Welch

Special Thanks:
Sophie Welch 
BionicBob

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very nice! Solid cut list.

I'm curious for the trimmed shower scene: I couldn't figure out a good way to trim that so I'm cutting the entire scene and ending on the Golden Gate Bridge.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
Very nice! Solid cut list.

I'm curious for the trimmed shower scene: I couldn't figure out a good way to trim that so I'm cutting the entire scene and ending on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Thanks lapis molari...  glad you like the cutlist... as for the shower scene, let's just say it involved some sound replacement work ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A Last Survivor BOND edit?

YES!!!

With Tanya Roberts?  YES! YES!

No Beach Boys song?  TRIPLE YES!!!  :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Have mentioned I have a crush on Tanya Roberts?   :p

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LastSurvivor said:
Synopsis and Purpose of Edit:

A View to a Kill is often classified as Roger Moore's one outing too far - in other words, it's the Bond film where he's too old to play the part.  However, that in itself has never bothered me - why can't we have an older version of Bond anyways?  But there's little doubt that A View to a Kill is not a perfect Bond film.  From the ill advised use of the Beach Boys song "California Girls" during the opening ski chase, to the over use of sexual innuendos which even for Moore are a little too much, to the inconsistent quality of editing and choreography for some of the fight scenes, there's still plenty to fix here for a faneditor.

So, the intention with this edit is to present a final outing for Moore's 007 which is tighter, a tad more serious and overall an extremely entertaining way to end the Moore era.  Welcome to A View to a Kill - The LS Cut

Very much looking forward to watching this. I'm currently working through DigMod's 007 TV series and now I'm looking forward to watching some vintage Bond films. I've been having fun messing around making posters. Here's one I made for you.

8bQN0OP.jpg

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
That is AWESOME SAUCE!!!!  :heart: :D

Thanks although the ratios are all wrong. It looked different on my phone. I'll have a tinker with it

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Although I do remember me pointing out that design to her when I asked her to come up with artwork, to which she said.. "If you want that style, why don't you just copy that and build your own poster?"....  I then said, yeah you're right and let her use her own style to come up with her own poster art ;)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bond always has a rather glitzy premiere and A View to a Kill was no exception... here's a rather fun look back at the World Premiere back in 1985...

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My sincere thanks to malthus for taking the time to review the edit.  You're far too kind with your scores, but I really do appreciate it and I'm glad you had a blast watching it :)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My thanks to ArtisDead for a nicely written review for this edit.  Glad you all had fun with this edit and I really appreciate you taking the time out to write a review.  All the best, LS

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review added.

Your edit made me go back into my own change-list and add one more trim (the "fish in soup" joke). :)

Thank you for the commentary. They're insightful!

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
Review added.

Your edit made me go back into my own change-list and add one more trim (the "fish in soup" joke). :)

Thank you for the commentary. They're insightful!

Thanks so much lapis for such a cool review.   Really glad you enjoyed the edit, and very grateful you took the trouble to listen to the commentary.  

I totally take on board your comment about the audio editing for the Beach Boys song.  I used the Barry score from the CD soundtrack I have, so actually the quality of the music is better than what is in the actual film, hence the noticeable change in tone etc.  It has a much larger and wider sound stage.  But, I agree it is noticeable.  I also used the CD soundtrack for the title song, as the quality is better.   I probably should have played around with changing the quality with the graphic equaliser tool in Vegas, to make it sound more like the Barry score which is already mixed into the rest of the scene.  It's something I will certainly try and keep an eye on for future edits.   Cheers again for taking the time to write a review.

Looking forward to your take on A View to a Kill ;)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Wayfarer cheers the review on IFDB. Glad you enjoyed it and I really appreciate your kind words.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Racerx1969 many thanks for the review... yes, I'm glad there's someone else who appreciated the removal of the very awkward scene of Mayday and Bond in bed together! Thanks for taking the time to submit a review.

Top Bottom