• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A nightmare on elm street part 2

CampBloodPictures

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This Is A TF

ANOES2_3dview.jpg

ANOES2_3dview_alt.jpg

tagline: Freddy's Back For Revenge
original film name: A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
new film name : A Nightmare On Elm Street Part II
film studio name : New Line Cinema
edit crew name : Camp Blood Pictures
Date Original Film Was Released : November 1st, 1985
Date Edit Was Released : March 7, 2011
Original Runtime : 87 minutes
New Runtime : 51 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 36 minutes
Intention: I wanted to make this a more true and all in all better sequel to the original, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. I wanted to completely remove the Coach Schnieder character and the cheesy Bird Scene.
Cuts removed/added/extended:
-Cut Bus intro
-Added Camp Blood Pictures Logo
-Moved "I've got the brain" dream right after the logo
-Added the new title A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET PART II
- Added Overlayed opening credits over the breakfast scene
-Moved the first Breakfast scene right after that
-Removed Lisa and Jesse driving/going to school.
-Removed the entire Coach Schnieder character
-Removed the dream (moved it to the beginning)
-Removed the classroom dream with the snake
-Removed the "dance" scene with Jesse
-Moved Lisa and Jesse cleaning room to after they see eachother in the door way right after the breakfast.
-Removed Jesse and Ron at gym running and getting in trouble with Coach Schnieder
-Removed the bird scene
-Removed Mr. Walsh screaming at Jesse
-Removed Jesse going to bar/Schnieder's death
-Removed Mrs. Walsh and Mr. Walsh saying Jesse needs help
-Removed everyone discovering Schnieder's dead
-Moved the "jump rope girl" dream to after Lisa and him are talking in the hallway
-Cut the flaming toaster out of the breakfast the next morning
-Moved Lisa and Jesse at the boiler room after Mr. Walsh says "There is nothing wrong with this house"
-Removed Jesse and Lisa talking and making love
-Removed Jesse talking about Schnieder's death to Ron
-Removed the rest of the conversation between Lisa and Jesse after he says "I killed Ron"
-Added strobing effect to the claw coming out of Carrie's chest
-Added New End Credits

Hardware and software information: -DVDFab8
-VirtualDub
-PgcDemux
-HeadAC3he
-Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0
-DVD Architect 4.5
-Gimp 2

Time needed for the edition: 3 days
persons involved: 1

You can check out the trailer here:

Tell Me what you think please, it will be gladly appreciative! :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's the right place but I would suggest changing your thread title to reflect what the edit is. Also you might consider posting some of the information about the edit that was required when you submitted it, so that people know what you have done.

Good luck with the approval. :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That is quite a drastic edit. Can you elaborate a little on your edits where you say that you've moved stuff to "this spot" or "here"?

CampBloodPictures

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so I updated it much more, I hope that it's good. Thanks for the feedback and it is a very drastic, but better version IMO, of ANOES2 :-D

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep, much better. Still might want to fix the thread title so that people know what you have edited. You can change the thread title by editing the first post, then using the advanced editor.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fanedit cover on the main info page links to a wrong fanedit page and .dlc for now, sorry about that.
However this edit can be found on the firstlings list: http://www.fanedit.info/UA.html

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Stupid question but what do you mean by " (Corrected DLC - 2011.03.16)"?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Means I need to email someone.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'll take a look at this and let ya know what i think. i'm kinda interested to see where this would go. tho, i'm kinda disappointed that it's only around 50 minutes. iff there's another fanedit that's around 50 minutes as well, i may put them both on a dvd as a double feature.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep, 51 minutes lends itself better to the anthology or TV episode format than to a feature. Why not going a step further and doing it as if it was sort of a Freddy's Nightmares episode?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished watching this so here's my review. I want to start off by saying that this is my personal opinion and opinions may vary. No offense is intended.

Menu: We start things off here with an animated menu featuring footage from the film of Jesse turning into Freddy. The Nightmare On Elm Street logo is also on the screen while this footage plays. The menu was nice but the bar which underlines the "Play" button is present right from the start which is kind of distracting since the buttons will fade in. I also found it odd that the "Play" and "Trailer" buttons are at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom like on most DVD's. Underneath the logo for NOES is the word "PART II" which is written in white and appears to be written in the Comic Sans MS font. I find that using this font makes it look rather amateurish. No offense intended.

Score: 3/5

Video: The video quality is consistent throughout the film. The region 1 disc from the box set was used for this so the quality is comparable to it. In case anyone is wondering it's in anamorphic widescreen.

Score: 5/5

Audio: The audio is 2.0 and I'm pretty sure, without digging out my copy, that a 5.1 audio track was present on the region 1 DVD from which this edit was created from so I'm docking 1 point because of this.

Score: 4/5

Editing: The audio and video editing was seamless. I didn't notice any hard cuts, audio dropouts, glitches or any other technical issues.

Custom: Wasn't sure where to put this since technically it didn't fall under any of the other categories so I'm calling this one Custom. This is in regards to the custom credits and the effect shot that was created for the final scene in the film. Once again the Comic Sans MS font is used for the opening credits and "Part II" is added just underneath the Nightmare On Elm Street logo. I liked that custom credits were created for this but I think a better font could have been used, and if I'm not mistaken there's a NOES one floating around. Also since you created custom credits I think you should have probably recreated the logo as well so as not to make it so distracting when "Part II" is shown underneath it.

Custom end credits were also created but I'm left wondering why you chose to have the background be in white and the text be in black. Seems kind of an odd choice. Now regarding the effects shot. A strobing effect shot was used when Freddy's hand comes out of that black chick's chest at the end which I liked but then the shot changes to one from the outside as we see the bus drive off and the remaining of the scene, which is only a few seconds, is shown in negative color. Again, an odd choice.

Score: 2/5

Entertainment: The second film in the NOES franchise is one of the least liked films in the series but personally I love it. I was kind of hesitant about this edit at first because of the drastic amount of cutting but being a NOES edit, and myself being a huge NOES fan, I wanted to give it a shot anyways. I can honestly say that I loved it. There is quite a bit that was cut but I find that this works out for the best as it shows Jesse's descent into madness at a much faster pace. Most of the film's homosexual undertones are also removed. The only scene I kind of missed was Coach Schneider's death scene but you couldn't really leave that scene in since the rest of his scenes were removed.

Overall score: 4/5

approved.png

CampBloodPictures

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm so glad that you liked it! I also missed the Coach's Death, but most of the homosexual undertones involved him so it had to go.

There is also a story behind the audio switch. Originally I wanted to edit it in 5.1, but I was really having trouble with all the converting and keeping it 5.1, I'll be trying that with my other edits.

Thanks for the review and the APPROVAL!!

CampBloodPictures

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DwightFry78 said:
Yep, 51 minutes lends itself better to the anthology or TV episode format than to a feature. Why not going a step further and doing it as if it was sort of a Freddy's Nightmares episode?

Omigosh! I never thought of that. That would be so cool. I could've add the intro and everything!

CampBloodPictures

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
i'll take a look at this and let ya know what i think. i'm kinda interested to see where this would go. tho, i'm kinda disappointed that it's only around 50 minutes. iff there's another fanedit that's around 50 minutes as well, i may put them both on a dvd as a double feature.

I didn't like how it was so short either. But there was just so much that I personally did not like that I cut.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CampBloodPictures said:
Omigosh! I never thought of that. That would be so cool. I could've add the intro and everything!
If you want to do that (adding TV intro, and working on the presentation a bit more), we could delay the release of this fanedit on the main page. The movie itself should not be touched though, because the version that was approved needs to be the one on the release.
Just an idea, we could also release the DVD on the main page as it is.
As you wish.

CampBloodPictures

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
If you want to do that (adding TV intro, and working on the presentation a bit more), we could delay the release of this fanedit on the main page. The movie itself should not be touched though, because the version that was approved needs to be the one on the release.
Just an idea, we could also release the DVD on the main page as it is.
As you wish.

Okay, so we could release this version and then I will find a high quality version of the intro to re-release it as the episode. That's a good idea, and I just won't mess with the fanedit itself!

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hum, no,
I talked about delaying the release of your fanedit on the main page until you change the intro and/or DVD menu/cover art (if you want to do that. This is all up to you and nobody will think you're lazy or something if you don't want to do that).

I know many faneditors release several versions of their fanedits, but we prefer to release only ONE when possible.
So we release the DVD as it is now, or we wait for it to be updated, but we are not releasing a version 1 of the DVD if we know a version 2 is in the work.

CampBloodPictures

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Hum, no,
I talked about delaying the release of your fanedit on the main page until you change the intro and/or DVD menu/cover art (if you want to do that. This is all up to you and nobody will think you're lazy or something if you don't want to do that).

I know many faneditors release several versions of their fanedits, but we prefer to release only ONE when possible.
So we release the DVD as it is now, or we wait for it to be updated, but we are not releasing a version 1 of the DVD if we know a version 2 is in the work.

I've been trying to figure out how it would work as a FN episode, and it doesn't work like it should. I don't think I would be able to, so you can release it as is. Plus the quality of the intros all suck, so it's really not worth my disk space. It was a good idea though!

Top Bottom