• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A Nightmare on Elm Street 7

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not what I expected to be my first release, but I figure you gotta iron out the bugs eventually. The torrent route hasn't worked out for me, due to limited net time, so I figured a smaller file via rapidshare would be the best way to go.

Anyway...
anightmareonelmstreet7pwn5.jpg

Original Film Name: Freddy vs Jason
New Film Name: A Nightmare on Elm Street 7: Dream Nemesis
What is it about? It's about making the Fred Krueger storyline the main focus of the film, and to trim as much of the terrible acting as I could without sacrificing story elements. Sure, Freddy still only gets one kill, but whatcha gonna do?
Format: AVI, 2:35:1, 5.1 audio.
Cuts removed/added/extended:
Replaced opening score to remove Jason theme.

Removed Freddy explaining entire plot after previous kills montage.

New opening scene, Blake being unsuccessfully attacked by Freddy.

New opening credits.

Credits lead into long version of Crystal Lake counsellor leaving to go skinny-dipping.

Removed morphing victims talking to Jason.

Removed Mrs Voorhees being revealed as Freddy, ?Freddy vs. Jason? title screen, and Jason walking down Elm Street.

Altered two shots of Lori to stop her from glancing towards the film crew.

Removed Kia asking Lori and Gibb if she should get a nose job.

Removed Kia and Lori's exposition about Will, Lori's "true love".

Removed Kia telling Lori to go upstairs with Blake.

Inserted deleted scene with Trey complaining about dirty sheets.

Removed exposition about Lori?s dead mother.

Removed crappy body double for Gibb in the shower.

Removed wide shot of Jason stabbing Trey. He?s clearly stabbing the bed far away from where Trey really is.

Removed the first of Gibb?s two screams when she finds Trey.

Removed Stubbs talking to Lori at the police station, and Lori trying to remember Freddy?s name. Cut to Westin Hills prior to Lori?s nightmare.

Removed the deaths of Blake and his father.

Removed all the back-story about Will seeing Lori?s father kill her mother.

When Freddy jumps out at Lori in her nightmare, he comes from right next to her where she should be able to see him off-screen. Altered Freddy so that he fades into the shot, literally appearing right in front of her. Also removed Lori?s terrible ?relieved? acting after waking up.

Cut back to Westin Hills again, but removed Mark talking about missing his family, and Will talking again about Lori?s father.

Added scene of Lori?s father picking her up from the police station.

Removed Lori meeting up with Gibb and Kia outside school.

Added deleted scene of Gibb screaming at people to stop staring at her, and Will and Mark sneaking into school.

Removed Kia referring to Linderman as a humping dog.

Added Freddy?s theme to the scene where Lori describes him to Kia and Gibb.

Removed Will berating Mark, ?You?re scaring her.?

Removed Lori in the infirmary, and Kia?s nose job nightmare.
Inserted deleted scene of Principal Shaye talking to Will and Mark.

Inserted deleted scene of Kia and Gibb picking up Lori to go to the rave.

Inserted deleted scene of the girls driving to the rave.

Removed Will starting to tell Lori about why he was in Westin Hills.

Altered the colours during Gibb?s nightmare so that it looks dry and washed out instead of bright red.

Erased visible hand in frame when Gibb falls backwards off of walkway.

Trimmed the ?head-twist? kill so that Jason doesn?t poke the guy to make him fall over, and to show as little of the crummy effect as possible.

Trimmed some shots and altered others to minimize the chunky fire-suit Jason in the cornfield.

Removed the shot of Shack laughing with his mouth closed, clearly holding stage blood in his mouth.

Removed the raver throwing cups of beer on Jason.

Removed Kia and Lori?s crummy ?I can?t believe Gibb is dead? moment. Now, Kia simply hugs Lori goodbye.

Removed Lori arguing with, then sneaking out on her father. She doesn?t go home at all.

Removed Freddy?s blatant exposition during Mark?s nightmare.

Removed Freddy?s line, ?I?ll have to pass that message myself, won?t I?? It looks badly looped.

Slightly restructured Lori and Will witnessing Mark?s death.

Removed Lori saying, ?Freddy died by fire, Jason by water?how can we use that??

Removed shot of Freddy?s ear morphing into maggots.

Removed Kia?s terribly delivered line, ?We?re not safe awake or asleep.?

Replaced shots of group looking up hypnocil on the internet. The pages don?t look real, and Linderman takes a stupidly long time to notice the huge text at the top of the page regarding FDA approval.

Removed Freeburg telling Linderman to stop and smoke a joint.

Removed Freddy-caterpillar squeezing down Freeburg?s throat.

Removed Freeburg/Freddy telling Will that he?ll, ??handle this, bitch.?

Removed Freddy?s line to Jason, ?These are my children, Jason. Go back where you belong!? Also removed same line being echoed as Jason goes to sleep.

Cut to Jason dreaming about ruined house before Mrs Voorhees berates him.

Altered Freddy/Jason fight from being bright red.

Removed Freddy making a wanking motion to Jason.

Removed Jason?s supposed fear of water, and Freddy getting into young Jason?s head.

De-saturated scenes at old Camp Crystal Lake.

Removed Freddy as camp counsellor.

Removed group walking off in the opposite direction of Crystal Lake.

Removed section of Lori?s nightmare dealing with her mother and father.

Removed Freddy?s line, ?Welcome to my world, bitch.?

Removed shot of Will carrying Lori where her arm stays upright even when he lets go of it.

Trimmed obvious shots of rubber arm when Lori is burnt.

Removed shot of Linderman with obviously looped line.

Removed long pan around Linderman bleeding to death.

Removed Freddy?s indecision over who to kill between Lori and Kia.

Removed most of Kia?s taunting of Freddy. No ?Christmas sweater? or ?butter knives? remarks.

Removed Lori?s terrible rant about how Freddy has ruined their pasts.

Removed Freddy falling and getting caught up on swinging mechanism. (This means he just pops up next to Jason, but I figured it was acceptable, seeing as he magically appeared on top of the construction site in the first place. Freddy has always had some limited power in the real world.)

Removed small section of Jason hacking away at Freddy. Freddy?s spurting wounds here are terrible?even in the context of this film, where almost all the blood spurts are ridiculously comedic.

Altered shot of Freddy slicing Jason?s fingers slightly to make it look like they actually go anywhere near his hand, unlike the original shot.

Removed Lori screaming, ?Welcome to my world, bitch!?

Sped up slow motion shot of Lori swinging machete. (The slo-mo is terrible, and obvious that she was also acting in slo-mo.)

Added proper Freddy face to dummy head as it is sliced off.

Repositioned following shot of Lori to be higher in the frame.

Removed shot of Jason closing his eyes before sinking. He just had his eyes stabbed out a minute earlier.

Replaced Jason-emerging-from-lake ending with ?Two Months Later? ending.

Removed Lori asking Will about his wound, and speaking of her sympathy for Jason. (Which thankfully also removes a bit of Will?s bad acting.)

Removed Lori screaming, ?What?s wrong with you?? and shot of zoom in to Lori?s face.

Shortened end credits.

Maybe downloadable from info

All comments or criticisms welcomed.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
congratulations on finishing, UA! this is the 4th FREDDY vs JASON fanedit.
I have all the others as well from Teresofblood, RHR and StevenJo86. Who would have expected this? I am looking forward to watching it.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope it has something to offer, after all those versions. :)

I just had a look at the edit list of FvJ 2.0, and there's an awful lot of overlap between that and mine. One of the downsides of avoiding edits of films I want to do myself, I guess.

[Fingers crossed] ;)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so... my fifth version of Freddy vs. Jason.
I just finished watching it.
Editwise it works really well. You sure know, what you are doing, UA, there are no hard cuts and no plot holes. The image quality is great and you succeeded in making so many changes to details and I did not spot any flaw there.
But I have to say that my favorite version of Freddy vs Jason is still the original. Now why is that?
What you did was to remove a whole lot of the goofy and over-the-top moments, especially from the first 60 minutes. Your self created new credits work well and since the story about Jason's mother calling him to Elm Street is revealed later on, it all kind of makes sense. I really enjoyed the middle part of the movie, which actually even was kind of scary, BUT that is exactly, where my problem with this fanedit starts, when it approaches the finale. Starting with the clinic things get very over-the-top all of a sudden and I as audience was not prepared for that, which lead to my dropping out of the movie feel and being not really entertained anymore.
Freddy vs. Jason was never intended to be a pure horror movie. Like all Freddy movie it is a gross horror comedy and Freddy vs. Jason even comes with a lot of action. It works (for me) pretty well for the original as it stays true from the beginning to what it is, starting with the original credits, which already present the movie as action filled over-the-top movie. It is what it wants to be and it kind of needs the bad acting, the humor, the goofy scenes. Since you took away a lot of them, you IMO also took away from the atmosphere of this movie, which is truly one of its own kind and which I like for rather strange reasons, because almost anything in it is actually rather bad, but entertaining.
I liked a lot of the deleted scenes you put into it, they truly add to the movie. Maybe an extended edition would not be such a bad idea... :)
So, to conclude, this fanedit definitely gets my approval for the way it is crafted. A very good firstling. I was only mildly entertained by the plot though, but I am sure, some people will favor your version over the original, which I don't.

compared to the other available fanedits of Freddy vs. Jason this one is to me second best after Teresofblood's one.

image: perfect
audio: perfect
plot: working
entertainment: so-so

A 3 out of 5 from me. Hopefully there will be a DVD release too.
I want to add that my opinion is only an opinion of an audience. Others may experience the movie totally different. Stay open minded and watch it for yourself, guys. And after you did, please comment on it. A lot of fanedits show that the opinion of the audience can differ a lot.

I am looking very forward to your next fanedit, UA. This one showed huge potential.

approved.png

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the great review, Boon.

I appreciate your honesty on the viewing experience. What works for some doesn't work for others, so it's great to get real feedback. I always edit for myself, but it's still invaluable to know where you stand with an audience.

And more than anything else, thanks for the approval. I'm guessing any subsequent releases should be posted in true fan edits? (Actually, don't answer that...stupid question.)

Let's see if I can score a little higher next time. :)

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds very interesting, however if you still have the source files handy, can you please make a dvd version insead of avi? Trust me, most people on this site would prefer it. Sure it takes longer to upload but it works out better in the long run

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have it as a DVD, no problem there.

I can't say I'm anxious to upload that many parts though. I only have a free account on rapidshare, and it took forever just to upload seven parts.

Maybe at some point.

It's funny though, not long ago everyone seemed to be saying an AVI would be preferrable due to size. A guy can't win. :)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think people prefer avi for preview, but DVD as the real deal.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Send me out a dvd copy in the mail and I can up it for you

Scrag85

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy crud, that front cover is awesome!!!!! Where did you get that supersized pic of freddy in the corner reaching out? Thats the one from the original movie's front cover, but all the cover scans i've seen are really small

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon, when you download the cover folder from the main page for this edit, it actually contains the artwork for Freddy vs. Jason 2.0, oops!!!! :shock:

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for pointing that out. Corrected.

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn, just burned the disc and it's the wrong film as well!!! :x

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes, I know, sorry... but now all is corrected. I should really be more careful when copy/pasting.

Top Bottom