• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A New Hope Revisited: Special Edition

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! I dig it. It typically takes some time for an Academy Member to be able to get to watching your edit with a fair-yet-critical eye, so I'd reach out and tell them you're about ready to submit an edit. Assuming they don't notice any serious issues, you can get your edit listed on the site, promoted, reviewed, etc. (Note that the site doesn't actually have any links on it or provide any public access to edits, of course).

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@hnahini Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched the edit on my TV for the first time. There are 2 things I need to correct. 1 is a cut that I made that upon watching it here looks too obvious so I need to fix that. The other is I noticed that the SC38 volume is too high. An easy fix, but still one I will have to make some time to play with.

mrbenja0618

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched the edit on my TV for the first time. There are 2 things I need to correct. 1 is a cut that I made that upon watching it here looks too obvious so I need to fix that. The other is I noticed that the SC38 volume is too high. An easy fix, but still one I will have to make some time to play with.
Awesome. Finish line is in sight!

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I filled out the form to submit this edit. I know it will take some time due to life and a long list of approvals, so feel free to PM me in the meantime...

VaderTyrannus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
May I ask what your source was for most of the footage? The color grading looks great, like Adywan's but in HD

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is mostly the Special Edition footage, but I also used some of the Harmys Despecialized for most of the Mos Eisley footage.

VaderTyrannus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is mostly the Special Edition footage, but I also used some of the Harmys Despecialized for most of the Mos Eisley footage.
The color grade looks great, is it your own? Because it looks quite similar to Adywan's.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anyone wants to give feedback, feel free... I would like to keep the interest high while waiting to see if the edit gets approved. 😁

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a smaller file size that is still a nice 1080 movie. So let me know.

dkerin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Catching up on this as I have been busy with work and in the midst of house improvements and move. So little time! :) Early on I wasn't sure how well the R1 footage would work with this, but have to say really like how you have it incorporated from your most recent clip. Nicely done! Yeah some of the cgi in the SC38 clip draws me out of it a bit, but for the edit and the intensity it give that duel, I would keep that in as well.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got a review in by PM. So I am going to paste it here.
Atom-88 26-Jun-2021 5:28 AMPost link
Thank you Lantern51, I got round to watching your edit last night. I really enjoyed and I honestly think that you have the best version I have seen that includes the R1 intro and the SC38, the other edits I have seen of it didn’t really suit as they showed to much of the SC38 but tought you had edited it very well.
Only one tiny gripe and that was during the Obi Vs Vader fight where it cuts to Luke, laia and Han the music seems to hard cut (sorry if that doesn’t make much sense) but other than that tiny tiny nitpik I very much enjoyed

Thank you once again Lantern51

Please keep safe and well.

Adrian.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In case you are wondering my reply to this...

I am really glad you enjoyed it!

As for the “gripe” LOL… I actually agree with you. But I looked into the music in the proper version of the movie and it did the same thing? So I’m not sure what to do about it?

Thank you again for the feedback! Last Jedi will be coming soon and I promise it will be unlike any other edit out there for this movie.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This one is available and out in the wild. Let me know if you are curious ... I've gotten some really positive feedback!

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Exciting news! So it seems that there are just a few minor audio fixes and that's it! So hopefully it will be an official edit soon! Seeing that this would be my first ever, this is soooooo awesome for me. I hope everyone who gets to check it out enjoys it!

Top Bottom