• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

A Guide To Video/Audio Editing For Adobe Premiere?

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was looking over the forum & I noticed Adobe Premiere isn't really mentioned very often. This due to other programs being more popular, no doubt. But, I think it's an excellent program & was wondering if it would be at all possible for someone to post a guide for Adobe Premiere like ADM made for Vegas & Womble?

I suppose I backed the wrong horse all those years ago when I started using it, but I have found using other programs like Vegas & Womble so difficult to use it would be great if someone could create a comprehensive guide from Ripping, Preparing up to the Editing process.

Slight confession, I'm about to do my 1st edit in a few years so I'm completely behind on all this editing stuff & I have found the forum a bit thin on help for Adobe Premiere.
:(

Its funny that you mention that Vegas is so hard to use. I find that in my experience, (and I would guess this is also maybe why Premiere isn't used a lot more around here) is that Premiere is really not intuitive. At first toying around with it, I couldn't make heads or tails of it (I also found Encore to be cumbersome). On the other hand, I found Vegas really easy to get going with. Everbody is used to different things. :)

I do agree that we could really use a guide for Premiere, and also a good start up guide for Vegas. ADMs guide is great for Womble, but I would love to see equally good guides for Premiere, Vegas, and Final Cut. womble is sort of teh suck.

OK you silent majourity of Fanedit.org you win, I give up & have now switched to Vegas!!!

Happy Now?

Happy that you've broken me? :lol:

Infront of the whole forum!!! :?

Well I hope you're all pleased with yourselves. :lol:

I've been using Adobe Premiere for years & you made me switch to someone else. :x

I feel dirty now (not an unfamilair feeling hehehe :-D ) because of you!!!

Seriously though, I think it's probably worked out for the best. Vegas 9 is excellent at importing files & once I set it to Frame mode it was pretty easy to get on with.

So my Red Dwarf Edit should be out in a couple of weeks :)

lol, I think I need to get a job for Sony. :lol: :lol:

This makes me curious, I have been backing Premiere, and getting familiar with it as well. Should I stop bothering and switch to something else? I'm pretty sure I can figure any of them out technically, so I'm curious is there somewhere with a comparison of the pros and cons of all the high end software?

I'm not happy. The only program I have experience with is Premiere, so I understand your feelings.

Back
Top Bottom