• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A Game of Thrones (SPOILER EDITION)

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dug last night's episode. It was pretty cool seeing the opening with so few cast names too. Really let you appreciate the scenery. The finale is going to be 66 minutes long. I don't think my body is ready.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I figured they were going to do something special for the finale considering that the last two Veep's aired back-to-back last night.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellent couple of episodes! Can't wait for the finale, should round out a very strong season nicely. Out of curiosity, which season do you think is the strongest? They all have their highlights...

Season 1. Ned Stark
Season 2. Blackwater
Season 3. The Red Wedding
Season 4. TBD?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm gonna have to go with season 4. There was a lot happening, and the season began with a pretty powerful catalyst (that being the Purple Wedding). Though, as far as the most shocking event goes, easily the end of last week's episode.

For some reason, I was almost disappointed that no one important died this week, although I love Jon and Sam and am glad they continue to fight on...for now.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
I'm gonna have to go with season 4. There was a lot happening, and the season began with a pretty powerful catalyst (that being the Purple Wedding). Though, as far as the most shocking event goes, easily the end of last week's episode.

I was actually surprised by how there was very little blood during the battle. For a show that prides itself on going to great lengths to have things as bloody as possible this episode was by far one of the tamest. I think they figured after last week the audience could use a break. :)

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:

For some reason, I was almost disappointed that no one important died this week, although I love Jon and Sam and am glad they continue to fight on...for now.
Well
Ygritte died. While she had been kind of evil this season with all the killing of innocent people, I was a big fan of her in season 2 and 3, and I really liked her pairing with Jon. I was quite sad to see her go, as you could tell they really cared for each other.

As for which season is the best, that's a hard one, they're all so good. I'll wait until the finale. If it's as good as I've heard it is, this will be my favorite season. We will see.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
Well
Ygritte died. While she had been kind of evil this season with all the killing of innocent people, I was a big fan of her in season 2 and 3, and I really liked her pairing with Jon. I was quite sad to see her go, as you could tell they really cared for each other.

I agree with you there, but seeing her kind of being not so nice this season (and nearly killing Jon last season) kind of did her in for me.

You know, this was actually the closest to a "traditional" episode ending the series has ever had...most of the good guys lived, the bad guys died, and the ones who were defending the gate from the giant gave their lives in a heroic sacrifice...and of course the little kid saved the day! Not a complaint or a criticism, mind, just an observation.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This might have been my favorite ever episode of Thrones... seriously, it was too good.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As usual I really enjoyed this episode. Didn't feel too long, and they definitely didn't waste any time. As despicable as The Hound was I did like him and am sorry to see hime go unless, of course, he doesn't die. It is left open-ended, but with the wounds he sustained I'm not sure he will. It was nice to see that Daenerys is learning she won't be able to control her dragons as they get bigger; makes for some good conflict on what she will do.

The betrayal Tyrion experienced and his ultimate choice was heartbreaking. Poor guy can't catch a break. And it was nice to see Tywin finally got what was coming to him, though I didn't expect it to be from his own son.

I keep expecting the Stark children to bump into each other yet it just doesn't seem to happen.

Onto another year of waiting for the next season. Come one HBO... produce these faster!

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty much my reaction after the opening scene with Jon:

fc,550x550,black.u1.jpg

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Come one HBO... produce these faster!

I think it would be better if G.R.R. Martin could finish the next book instead. He's cutting it pretty close to some events in the show already, and although I'm a huge fan of books taking a whole new direction in a new media format, it'd be a shame if the show runners would have to just make everything up just because some ancient dude can't type fast enough.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emphatic said:
I think it would be better if G.R.R. Martin could finish the next book instead. He's cutting it pretty close to some events in the show already, and although I'm a huge fan of books taking a whole new direction in a new media format, it'd be a shame if the show runners would have to just make everything up just because some ancient dude can't type fast enough.

I don't think they'd be just making stuff up on the fly. From what I understand they gave a contingency plan in space l place should they catch up. The creators also know how Martin plans to end the series so, if anything, they may produce a truncated version of how he plans the last couple books to be.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, as far as I know the show runners know what's going to happen, so they can just keep right on rolling with the series. But will they? We'll see. There is no way GRRM is finishing those last two books within the next couple years. I wouldn't mind the show finishing before the books, but I think having the story solidified in Martin's words first would lead to higher quality episodes. We'll see what happens. Next season should't be an issue, but from then on, things will get hairy.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
Yeah, as far as I know the show runners know what's going to happen, so they can just keep right on rolling with the series. But will they? We'll see. There is no way GRRM is finishing those last two books within the next couple years. I wouldn't mind the show finishing before the books, but I think having the story solidified in Martin's words first would lead to higher quality episodes. We'll see what happens. Next season should't be an issue, but from then on, things will get hairy.

I agree that it would be better if he finished the books first, but he certainly does take his time. In comparison, Stephen King writes about 2,000 words a day which takes him about 5 hours. A Storm of Swords was roughly 400,000 words so, if Martin wrote at King's pace (and I'd be surprised if he doesn't), he should be able to get a book of equal size written in 200 days.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
The betrayal Tyrion experienced and his ultimate choice was heartbreaking. Poor guy can't catch a break.

The betrayal was much greater in the books
Cutting him off from Jaime as well.
. It also made the part about him going off to see Tywin instead of just going to Varys make a little more sense.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those are pretty cool. Might have to use one for my wallpaper.

Top Bottom