• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A Game of Thrones (SPOILER EDITION)

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a book reader, I'm very happy about how they handled the Purple Wedding. More awesomeness to come.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy shit that was another great episode. Peter Dinklage is a master of his craft.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Holy shit that was another great episode. Peter Dinklage is a master of his craft.

He really is. You can't help but lean in and pay attention when he does his thing.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not fond of the way he pronounces stuff. It's over the top IMHO.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh god this last episode of Thrones. The show has a reputation to inspire anger in it's audiences, but until tonight I have never been someone who's actually been mad with the show. I mean, great episode (as usual with the show), but
killing an amazing new character in the most brutal way possible and sentencing my favorite character to death is not going to make me happy no matter how well it was done.
I'll get over it. At least I hope so, don't really want to lose sleep over it, but there's one image that I'm sure is going to haunt my dreams.:oops::-D:(

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't even as pissed off at the Red Wedding, and Catelyn Stark was one of my favorite characters on the show up to that point. This just felt like a complete waste of a character. I get why he died, but come on man. Throw us a bone! It's almost like Martin enjoys watching us squirm. Or he didn't get hugged enough as a child. :p

In any event, this sums up my feelings pretty well:

Oh well, at least Jon Snow is still alive.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My god that ending! What a twist, I was not prepared for that at all.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
My god that ending! What a twist, I was not prepared for that at all.

Neither was I. I seriously thought that he had one, and that Tyrion would be let go.

The only thing I'm wondering is that if The Mountain was killed too what does that mean? Neither side one, technically.

Delpheas

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Mountain will physically expire after Oberyn, so it counts as a victory for the crown.
I knew it was coming and it was still shocking and surprising as hell.
Mild Spoilers
There will be some good comeuppance in the last episode.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
imagine how many died building the aerie.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
This just felt like a complete waste of a character. I get why he died, but come on man. Throw us a bone! It's almost like Martin enjoys watching us squirm.

A friend of mine had the same thought. Sometimes, the way in which Martin kills off certain characters, though plausible, doesn't quite ring true.

Obviously, overconfidence and heightened emotion affected Oberyn, but I certainly wouldn't have presumed The Mountain incapacitated, so I realized was about to happen before it did. Like Q2, I wonder if he survived the fight.

Moreover, I don't think that Robb Stark would be foolish enough to trust Walder Frey, so I didn't quite buy the Red Wedding either.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
Moreover, I don't think that Robb Stark would be foolish enough to trust Walder Frey, so I didn't quite buy the Red Wedding either.

He may not have trusted him, but he probably didn't expect something to go down during a wedding.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also, in the case of the Red Wedding, they should have been protected by Guest Right.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well the Red Wedding wouldn't have happened if the Boltons weren't in on in. Robb trusted Roose Bolton and had no reason not to. Also I'm interested to see the affects of
Oberyn's
death. Martin tends to have a grander reason for killing characters. I'd imagine were going to see more people from
Dorne.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Future spoilers:

The Mountain
The Mountain, unless they changed it, did survive the fight initially. Oberyn wasn't called the "Red Viper of Dorne" for nothing.

As for the second point made by [MENTION=14507]DominicCobb[/MENTION]
Yes. There was a leaked casting sheet that confirmed a large number of Dornish people for next season, including a couple of Oberyn's own daughters.
[MENTION=5854]emphatic[/MENTION]
Yes, they should have been, but a deal was made and it was all just a ruse.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let's just say that non-readers of the books are in for one hell of a surprise (not concerning the fate of Tyrion Lannister). Maybe this season, but I would think they will wait to the beginning of the next.

Edit: Or (after a quick Google refresher) the end of the next season.

The fate of the Maid of Tarth - aka unless a body has been destroyed by fire, don't count it staying dead.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That tracking shot during the battle was fantastic. Not True Detective fantastic but it was still extremely well done.

[video=youtube_share;2c3ZNQPWxvk]

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The whole episode was fantastic, really. I have never seen such spectacle in an hour of television before.

Top Bottom