• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A Game of Thrones (SPOILER EDITION)

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
i can't read any of this thread yet. Can someone tell me when this show will be over? I tend to wait until a show is complete before i start watching it as i hate commercials and waiting for episodes to come out.

lol

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Season 3 is Book 3 Part 1 so you have another 7 seasons or so to go before it's done.

t9d330b_fuck-my-life-cat.jpg

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On the plus side, should you choose to watch it while it's still airing, it doesn't have commercials. Thanks HBO! :D

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is probably old news to you guys, but since I seem to be years behind when it comes to pretty much everything...I just discovered these GoT hipster memes. Some of them are pretty damn funny:
tumblr_lsp2z86qgk1qayyn0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lwpw20dYvZ1qldavvo1_500.jpg

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right well I just managed to see the latest episode. I've read the books and I still cried like a bitch. Sat in the dark on my own waiting for the inevitable and I can't believe how brutal it ended up. My favourite hottie in the show, who wasn't even there in the books, oh man, I was shocked.

I was really taken out of the end of the episode that ended harshly for Jamie this season, when they kicked in to that punk rendition of The Bear and the Maiden Fair. It didn't fit the mood of the ending or the series itself. So I'm glad they didn't do something similar with this one. Just ending in silence with the sound of my own blubbering ringing in my ears.

I wish Clive Mantle had been in it, I liked him as the Great John and would have liked to see his part in the wedding translated to live action, he's a hard bastard.

Anyway, next weeks gonna be fucking great too. Shits gonna go down.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SPOILER ALERT: In this mysteriously leaked DVD commentary for Season 4 of "Game Of Thrones," author George R.R. Martin drops some MASSIVE plot bombshells. You've been warned.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
SPOILER ALERT: In this mysteriously leaked DVD commentary for Season 4 of "Game Of Thrones," author George R.R. Martin drops some MASSIVE plot bombshells. You've been warned.

That was Beyond awesome!
And you are suppose to write more books, don't you dare joke about that! :p

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Glad to see Zachary Quinto is gonna get some more work.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
started watching this recently. am into season 2 right now. so far, its been really great. when i first attempted to watch it, i couldn't really get into it. just didn't seem like that great of a show. but after getting a few episodes into season 1, the show definitely started to become better. it's interesting to see where things will go. also attempting to read the books as well

if i had to choose to recommend this to a friend, i'd definitely give this a strong recommendation of a great show to watch. definitely one of my favorites that HBO is airing now.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This has got to be the best Red Wedding reaction ever.

[video=youtube_share;VNxPj-AL2wo]

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is that Tink from The Guild having a rather impromptu termination?

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
More GoT memes:
400937_359374314140632_1096134380_n.jpg

13-best-game-of-thrones-memes-spoilers--L-cGNFBR.jpeg

images

tumblr_m5tnpcZbTX1ryc3zao1_500.jpg

13-best-game-of-thrones-memes-spoilers--L-rtHSBu.jpeg

main-qimg-2eaa16fefd9a8a518cc1b4715c34879e

george-r-r-martin-meme-generator-have-a-favorite-character-not-anymore-cce918.jpg

549816_446213555456707_624432079_n.jpg

tumblr_m5f8pi9iEp1r49q9to1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkddedVQd51qlv0r8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgxr40UJUb1rq41c0o1_250.gif

tumblr_mgxr40UJUb1rq41c0o2_250.gif

537738_398518173559579_1035958061_n.jpg

main-qimg-260f03edf40408ea630fee8825b0632b

tumblr_mfuulmeM1p1qem4feo1_250.gif
tumblr_mfuulmeM1p1qem4feo5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_ma1ng1v2Gg1qcp29wo1_500.gif

tumblr_ma1ng1v2Gg1qcp29wo2_500.gif

tumblr_ma1ng1v2Gg1qcp29wo3_500.gif

315440_255875107865180_123402877_n.jpg

scaled.php

tumblr_mkiqiowvMi1qjsk0wo1_250.gif
tumblr_mkiqiowvMi1qjsk0wo2_250.gif

tumblr_mkiqiowvMi1qjsk0wo3_250.gif
tumblr_mkiqiowvMi1qjsk0wo4_250.gif

blah, some are better than others but I was in a sharing mood. The interwebz is dark and full of memes.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love the incest and favourite characters one! Now trying very hard not to read anything else about GoT until I can watch the finale tonight.

I see failure in my future.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Season 3 was a great season overall. As with Boardwalk Empire, I felt frustrated early at the slow pace of the episodes, but when this show pays off it really pays off!! I love the bravery of the storytelling - Can't wait to see what comes next! A whole year you say? :-( oh.

I would rate the season 8.5/10

Some highlights:
- Every word that came out of Tyrion's mouth
- Daenerys pretending not to know the local language, then unleashing dragon fire hell and marching out with a new army.
- Jamie Lannister becoming a sympathetic character. His evolving relationship with Brienne is fantastic.
- Jamie's hand getting cut off, and the fight with the bear. Solid.
- Daenerys getting naked again. Also Ygritte. Good times. Special mention also to Margaery Tyrell's cleavage.
- Arya and the Hound.
- Tywin Lannister treating everyone like his bitch. Including Joffers.
- The Red Wedding. Shocking but amazing.

Not so highlights:
- Watching Theon's torture was pretty challenging at times. particularly the finger. yuck.
- Bran and his crowd pretty much sat around for most of the season. Fairly boring scenes.
- Catelyn Stark had too many sit and talk scenes. Not too unhappy that she's gone, although it's sad we won't get to see Rob get revenge against the Lannisters.
- Sansa Stark. Ugh.
- Daenerys becoming Jesus in the final shot of the series. Cheesy. Go to Kingslanding and burn those Lannisters already! and take out boring old Stannis while you're at it. In fact, just breathe fire on all the white walkers, and the night's watch can go have a holiday. The End.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=8922]njvc[/MENTION], good summary. I agree that Bran's story hasn't been handled as well as it could have. Part of the problem here is that the Reed siblings weren't developed very well.

I wouldn't say that Sansa's story is bad per say. More aggravating because she is such a helpless character. I want to just smack her awake, but I felt the same way in the book and this is how we are supposed to feel.

Theon Greyjoy... yeah, it was a little too drawn out. I get that they were withholding information so as not to overly foreshadow the red wedding but the audience was kept in the dark way too long about what was going on there. Better to just not show Theon if the writers are going to clue the audience in as to what is going on.

Top Bottom