• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A Final Scream (Scream 4 edit)

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've had this edit 95% in the can for some time but then just hit a not so great funk and couldn't really do much of anything. Finally been working on edits again and figured I'd finish this one up. Now, I have one question to ask my fellow fan editors - If there is something about your edit that is drastically different from the original, do you list this change in the changes section or let it actually surprise people when they watch it? I was just curious as to where people stood on that.  :)

I found Scream 4 to be quite lacking upon my initial viewing. It had way too many beginnings and a lot of the humor fell flat for me. My overall intent was to tighten up the runtime, make alterations to the beginning and end and cut out some cringeworthy humor. I especially hate when a character cracks a joke before they die. One of my biggest pet peeves. Below you'll see that I cut out Anthony Anderson saying "fuck Bruce Willis" immediately before he dies. 

I also wanted some music cues to give you nostalgia for the original trilogy. Because of this, the poppy song that originally played over the opening has been replaced with Red Right Hand from the original trilogy and the closing credits have been replaced with "Trouble in Woodsboro" from the Scream soundtrack. I felt they added a little seriousness to the proceedings. I hope you enjoy the clips. Any feedback welcomed!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh hell yes. This was the first fanedit I attempted and abandoned and re-started, and to be honest I've never really been satisfied with my recut version. Just based on these two simple clips I am excited to check out your take on the material. Let me know if you need a previewer. 

017bc1ded3554f62c377eea8f90f1398.jpg

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Oh hell yes. This was the first fanedit I attempted and abandoned and re-started, and to be honest I've never really been satisfied with my recut version. Just based on these two simple clips I am excited to check out your take on the material. Let me know if you need a previewer. 

017bc1ded3554f62c377eea8f90f1398.jpg

Oh shit! I've totally watched your edit! It was one of the first edits I ever watched. I remember really digging it. I'm glad you liked these clips and I could totally use a previewer! I think it would be really cool to get feedback from someone who has already done an edit on that movie. I'd also be very curious as to what you think of my ending. Like you, I definitely changed it up. Should be finishing it up tonight and then need to give it one more viewing to see if there are tweaks that I need to make. I'll message you soon!

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That cop scene always stood out for me. Can a person still get out of their car and stumble around like that after being stabbed in the forehead?? I'd like to know, because the scene always takes me out of it. I always feel that he dies the way he does because it's Anthony Anderson. If it were anybody else it would've been "stab, drop dead, period", I think? Not sure.

Anyway, I liked Scre4m a lot more than I had hoped for (even if it tried too hard to mimic Scream 1), and Scream 3 is a guilty pleasure in places. If I had to pick one, I'd say Scream 2 is the rotten egg of the franchise imo. Really looking forward to this edit.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Second cover is a lot better ;) Personally I'd combine the back of cover 1 with the front of cover 2.

Neglify said:
Kal-El said:
I'd say Scream 2 is the rotten egg of the franchise...

giphy.gif

Felt too much like a copy of Scream 1 in places, only with a double twist ending.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Second cover is a lot better ;) Personally I'd combine the back of cover 1 with the front of cover 2.

Neglify said:
Kal-El said:
I'd say Scream 2 is the rotten egg of the franchise...

giphy.gif

Felt too much like a copy of Scream 1 in places, only with a double twist ending.
cover-combined.png

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
VortexUnlimited said:
Really excited for this man!

Thanks. I haven't had much time lately and I really haven't been editing but I'm going to try and get this edit up by the end of the week. I hope you enjoy it!

VortexUnlimited

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh man, can't wait! Gonna be starting a Scream marathon then. Not that this has anything to do with the edit but have you heard of the Scream S03 reboot resurrection thing? They're going to be using the original mask.

gddgb

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm honored to be the screener for this edit!  I'd decidedly put this in the finished column now.  Because of the audio fix, I had to go under the headphones for this one, and everything sounded great!  I'll keep my eye out for the ifdb page so I can leave a review.  But I think everyone should be psyched about this one.

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Should have this posted soon if anyone is interested. Here's the cover art for it.

A-Final-Scream-Poster.png

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

Top Bottom