• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

A Few Good Men (Legal Review Edition)

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Iconic! Awesome punchline to a very good movie. But not an awesome movie. Let's fix that. This edit of A Few Good Men was inspired by an online review by two lawyers:

I cut as much as possible of the points they criticize, e.g. the completely WTF?! scene of "I object" > "Overruled" > "I strenuously object".
Tom Cruise and Kevin Bacon still walk around the courtroom and don't formally submit items for evidence, but there's no solution to that without access to the master files in Castle Rock's vaults.

While doing that, I also trimmed moments that needlessly made Cruise unlikable, or Moore less competent, or were simple filler.

The result is a faster-paced, legally more accurate courtroom drama that runs 119 minutes instead of the original 138 minutes.

This is a straightforward edit:
- Lots of trims and cuts (19 minutes).
- One scene was shifted in the timeline (a flashback now opens the movie, making it play chronological).
- Sound replacement around one transition (using Freesound.org 's excellent archive).
- Subtitles edited accordingly.

A%20Few%20Good%20Men%20(1992)%20LRE%20poster.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom