• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A 4K Rig

Soundwave815

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just getting back into the editing scene and I'm trying to work out a good build for a 4k editing rig.
So with a budget of about $2,000 lets toss together a rig!
I've got 16 GB of ram to keep in the new machine from my old one, as well as the 4K ripping diskdrive so I've got that coverd at least.
That will save a bit of cash for other components. Got all the peripherals too like jog wheels, but I'm always looking for another jog wheel or nifty gadget to aid in the process.
I'll be doing lots of re-coloring so does a touchpad help with that in anyway? A tablet to interface with?
I'm not against going mac but the power you get for 2k in a mac doesn't seem comparable. Seems like windows is fully the way nowadays!

Top Bottom