• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

5.1 or 2.0?

Sober

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It amazes me just how quickly people do their fan edits but one thing which Iv always assumed is that people use 5.1 soundtracks. If you have done a fan cut...do you?

Or is it just too much trouble and so you simply do a 2.0 soundtrack?

Im toying with doing a Superman II edit and im thinking of going the 2.0 route because 5.1 just seems like too much trouble...and a potential minefield for when I intend to intercut music into the 5 speakers.

Superman II hasnt really got a fantastic 5.1 soundtrack anyway yet...I'l always have that same nagging doubt in my mind that im going to devote a lot of hours for this and it isnt going to be 5.1. But if other fan editors dont use this then that nagging doubt will probably go away.

i'm no expert, but for that particular project (if it were me), i'd just do it in 2.0.

5.1 has a lot of advantages, especially when it comes to volume regulation between action sequences and talking scenes. And for peopel with surround systems it sounds way better.
So I am always for 5.1
Stereo was yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom