• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

49 & 51 First Dates by CBB

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes, again, unannounced and pretty fast:

The All New CBB Fanedit! It's a comedy! It's a romance! It's way better than you expect...
And it is not just ONE fanedit, it is TWO on one DVD.

preview.jpg

(the cover art is based on a concept by wildstormdigital)

What is it about: These are 2 alternate versions of the surprisingly good 50 FIRST DATES. 49 First Dates removes almost all the over-the-top, childish, embarrassing, lame moments and gives you a romantic and very funny comedy at its best. 51 First Dates on the other hand is the ultimate extended edition, which includes 5 additional great scenes. Unforgettable.

original film name: 50 First Dates
new film name : 49 & 51 First Dates
film studio name : Columbia Tristar
edit crew name : CBB
Date Original Film Was Released : 2004
Date Edit Was Released : May, 2008
Original Runtime : 93 min
New Runtime :
49 First Kisses: 79 minutes
51 First Kisses: 99 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 14 minutes cut / 6 minutes added

Fanedit details:

49 First Dates:
This removes plentyof the over-the-top moments and flat jokes to create a more to the point romantic comedy. It treats the memory loss disease with more respect and is also less anti homosexual. Kids will probably prefer the roiginal or extended version, grown ups will probably much prefer this.
51 First Dates:
This is the ultimate extended edition. It contains 4 of the 5 deleted scenes that came with the DVD. These scenes are really good and add to the movie, instead of just extending the runtime. For this to work it was necessary to move one scene to a different position: when Adam Sandler sings "Forgetful Lucy" the scene is placed after they had their first sex. The deleted scene "Second Wind" kind of implies that no sex happened yet. So I moved the song before the first sex scene and it works pretty well there.

The changes:

49 First Dates:
- removed the entire beginning in which girls (and Kevin James) talk about Henry's qualities as a lover and one night stand.
- removed Ula discussing love and affairs with Henry
- removed the Walrus' vomiting scene.
- removed Alexa's approach on Henry
- removed Ula's stitch bleeding again
- removed Alexa in the bar
- removed Alexa's advice for Henry to still approach Lucy
- removed the Whitmores and Henry entering the clinic and being approached by a stupid male nurse.
- removed Dr. Keats mentioning Ten Seconds Tom
- removed the Whitmores and Henry meeting Ten Seconds Tom
- removed Jennifer from the beach party
- removed Henry talking to the Walrus about its affairs
- removed the kids and Ula jumping into the sea
- removed 2 patients discussing their disease
- removed Ten Seconds Tom meeting Henry on the stairs
- removed Ten Seconds Tom interrupting Henry and Lucy
- removed the walrusses formt he final scene.
- changed end credits

51 First Dates:
- added "Good Samaritian: when Henry waits for Lucy to pretend he has car trouble, another guy stops to help out and Henry needs to get rid of him. Quite a funny scene.
- added "Encouraging Response": Henry approaches Lucy in the cafe again with another try, this time speaking in funny 3rd person orders. Lucy reacts well. A very nice and funny scene. Difficutly was where to put it. In the end there was only one possibility, just before another almost successful cafe approach. It feels a bit hacked, but the scene is great.
- added "Lucy's Anger": when her condition is revealed to Lucy she totally freaks out. It is a pretty strong scene, that unfortunately came with very different music and no sound to some scenes. I tired my best to include it, but it still feels a bit out of place. Still, a worthy addition for the seriousity.
- added "Lucy's 2nd wind": Henry is supposed to keep an eye on Lucy, while she is upstairs and suppsoed to sleep. She gets her 2nd wind and they have fun with each other. A very nice scene, but difficult to put in, because it plays directly after Henry sings "Forgetful Lucy", but didn't make sense there plotwise for being pre-sex.

DVD DETAILS
79 and 99 minutes Single Layer NTSC 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with AC3-5.1 audio (49) and AC3-2.0 (51)
LANGUAGES : ENGLISH (5.1/2.0)
MENUS : animated with sound
SCENE SELECTION : yes (but no menu)
CBB OVERVIEW : yes, for all 25 fanedits
COVER&Disc ART : yes, on DVD-Rom part

Your intention for this fanedit:
I still don't know, why I watched the original movie at all, because the plot sounded ridiculously stupid, yet I did and was really surpised. The movie is highly entertaining and comes with a lot emotional and very well acted scenes and a quite clever and touching plot. Instead of making just fun of memory loss diseased people, it really took its time to show the suffering involved and was most of the times very well balanced between just being a comedy and dramtatic elements. Unlike most works of Adam Sandler this one is not plain superficial and the chemistry between Sandler and Barrymore works really well. Still, when I watched it for the second time, the mass of cheesy elements turned me off, the pipi-kaka humor, the anti homosexual attitude, the superficial scenes that only aimed for a meaningless quick laughter. I had the idea to fanedit this movie for a long time, but considered the project ot minor to be executed. But then I took a look at the deleted scenes and had the idea to not just present my true fanedit, which I consider a huge improvement over the original, but also an extended edition, featuring some good scenes that did not make it to the official final cut.
This fanedit is supposed to be the all-you-can get supersize edition for all fans of this movie. I recommend the true fanedit, but also think the extended edition is a nice one to enjoy once.

Hardware and software information:
Hardware:
Windows XP computer
with an X2 6000 dual core cpu
and 4 GB of RAM on an ASUS board

Software:
Womble MPEG DVD Wizard
Ulead Media Studio Pro 8.0
Vegas Video 7.0
Cinema Craft Encoder
Virtual Dub
Adobe Audition 1.5
Pro Show Producer
Jasc Paint Shop Pro
PhotoZoom Pro2
DVD Lab Pro 1.52
Cyberlink Power DVD
Irfan View
PGCDemux
AnyDVD
DGPulldown

Technical issues:
While the true fanedit works really well, the extended edition is a bit rough at times. I tried my best to include the deleted scenes, which came in a diferent AR in with way lower quality than the original movie (some scenes had no or a different score, had different coloring, were way darker - I rescaled them, deinterlaced them, brightened and recolored them and also added new score and sound effects where I found them fitting), but the result is not near 100%.
The first version of this edit came as dual layer, but it seems most people hate these. So I experimented with DVD Rebuilder and got something appropriately working. It does not look perfect, but for the comedy it is, the image and audio quality are good.
Try to not let your entertainment be spoiled by this.

Time needed for the edition:
a few hours of planning, 1 day of editing for each movie, a few hours for DVD authoring.

persons involved:
just me

thank you:
Winnie, Lena; Nono, the great FE staff and the fabulous FE community

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info
Bittorrent Release: not planned yet, I consider this to attract pretty few people anyway.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow that was fast! so what edit comes out on monday? :D

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool! Thanks boon. I always liked this movie & felt that it should have it's deleted scenes added back in. Bravo. :smile:

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Funny movie and Drew is a fox, so this sounds like a keeper.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
why didn´t you tell me about this one boonshmoon! i had to come down all the way to this section and read!!!

I want that especially for the missus. she liked the original very much. and we all know that a CBB product always means improvement...

although she will complain about the subtitles not being there...

now, back to prison break!!!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very cool. i havent seen this but might have to give it a try now. lots of CBB surprises :)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, Heinrich, it was a very spontaneous decision and with it also came the decision to make it in two editions but not with the extremely time extensive subtitling. I really like the movie but always felt that it needed a fanedit. My personal favorite is of course the true fanedit, because that was really work.
And yes, throw, I currently have a bit of time and a lot of fun in fanediting.
Prison Break will take a while though. It is a very difficult project.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the root menu goes to the cbb menu.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
indeed it does :)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
your others dont.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know, problem is that the main menu in this case is a vmg menu and the basic setting for the other 40 menus is to go to root (which is vst). I thought I corrected all the links, but obviously forgot at least one. Sorry.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh ok,no big deal...wasnt sure if you knew.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't / do now. :) If more pops up that didn't work I will of course consider a new upload.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everything else is ok.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tell a lie...when you click on root when your playing the movie..nothing happens,and when you click root on the warning sign it plays the film.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So you redoing this?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i cant burn this...its says VTS_2_2.VOB is corrupted.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
probably one of the rar files came down wrong. Did you use the md5?
I just extracted all the rar files again, burnt the DVD and no problem.
Can anybody else confirm there is a problem?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I opened it up, burned it and played it just fine (aside from all the little navigation quirks mentioned above).

winrar>nero burning rom>nero showtime.

Top Bottom