• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

4:3 to 16:9 probs

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok still following ADM's mpeg2 guide. deleted scenes are in 4:3 and funnily enough :) the movie is in 16:9.

when i get to the part where i have to edit the .avs file and it says to change the crop command values to these (0,38,720,404) for PAL source

when i come to render it im missing the bottom bit of the letterbox. i assume the numbers are wrong, if so could someone kind soul tell me the correct ones for PAL 16:9?

also when is the best time to convert the project completely to NTSC? i'd rather work with that format as it seems to be more popular than PAL.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's some weird crop values.

You want how many lines you intend to cut (left, top, right, bottom).
Btw, the last 2 numbers need to be negative.

(0,72,0,-72) would be common to remove black borders, what you have is not.
I like to use VirtualDubMod and its null transform filter to figure EXACTLY how many lines to cut (and then I enter those values into my avs script.)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i took those numbers directly from ADM's Guide!! i'll have a play around with VDubMod's null transform filter and see if i get any joy with that.

thanks for your help.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DocM your numbers worked a treat, thanks loads!!!

btw, mods, might it be a good idea to update the crop values in ADM's guide so no one else has this problem?

Top Bottom