• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

3D box covers??

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a bunch of covers that I have created and I would like to share them with everyone. I was wondering what people use to create the 3D box cover images. I thought I saw in a thread somewhere about a standalone freeware app. that will do it. Just curious, if anyone could help out

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks boon, this is just what I needed!! I get the covers posted soon.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool. I am lookign forward to it, we need way more covers!

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Could anyone please enlighten me? Is there a software in particular that automatically creates a 3D-preview of a DVD cover? In other words - How to go from a simple rectangular file to a nice 3D display like this one for instance?
3D_preview_OUcover.jpg

(Sorry if I missed it somewhere on the forum, I couldn't find anything about it. Thanks for ur help!)

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Always a pleasure to help out a newbie. ;)

axiaeuxine

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im sure Im posting this in the wrong place but can anyone tell me what is used to make those screenshots where it looks like a DVD and the DVD case has the fan credited art allready on it.

If you go to any of the listings for the fanedit is usually the picture posted that shows the dvd and the DVD case where you can download the custom art. How is that 3d dvd/dvdcase photo/pic made?

I hope Im making sense

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We use Imandix. There's a free version you can download, google for it. :)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i would say madam :p

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Peterson said:
boon23 said:
the program is called IMANDIX.
http://www.imandix.com/

it works for PC only.
Is there a similar program for MAC?

too my knowledge, no. sorry. However, IMANDIX is constantly updating the software and the website (which you could make cover previews online, currently under construction). I would expect this soon. The only MAC option that I am aware of, is a custom action for photoshop. check deviant art, there are usually helpful things there.

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My pleasure, Joe. I was actually looking for a Mac option when I was searching, but I knew there had to be at least one Linux user on this forum. :) Thankfully, I have both (but, alas, no windoze).

GIMP scripts can from what I understand be as powerful as Photoshop actions, so it's a shame there are so few pro users giving it a go. It's also too bad some scripts aren't as cross-platform as their mother application is. In a couple of years, I think GIMP (or a fork thereof) will be able to challenge PS.

Top Bottom