• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

3 more Terminator movies without Arnie!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
what a load of rubbish... nothing like the films
What did you expect?
T2 budget: $100,000,000.
T3 budget: $190,000,000.

i expect alot betta or nothing at all....

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ahhh, that explains how you've managed to have so many top notch shows on the air. What time does TERMINATOR HAMSTER air anyways?

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe I was wrong about BSG and Matrix. Chalk it up to my general disappointment of the latter chapters of each series. Though BSG kind of spends too much time with off topic soap opera, so maybe my point stands on that one. Maybe not.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
Ahhh, that explains how you've managed to have so many top notch shows on the air. What time does TERMINATOR HAMSTER air anyways?

its a work in progress at the moment i will keep you informed lol

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The clips do the show no service, especially as they lack a final sound mix, but I must admit the traielr has me much more psyched.

It'll never be "The Terminator: The Series" but I am glad it can't be. It'll be it's own thing, and the movies will still be untouchable. (Well, the first two anyway. ;) )

Oh, and BSG? One of the best shows on TV, period. :)

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/04/17/the-s ... ot-script/

I sitll don't like the fact that they jump into the future. I mean, that means that there is a time displacement machine. The trailer showed us they go in with clothes and arrived naked. So in 'their' present 1998, there is already a time displacement machine? The only plausible reason for this is that the female Terminator build it, but I don't see this happening in the tv serie. DId Cyberdyne or some other company build one? If that's so, why doesn't SKYNET uses it much earlier in the war? Why does it wait for 2029, in the very end of its defeat?

So they travel to 2006, and the world is still our world, no post-apocalyptic shit. If that's the case, then the TDE would already be there for 2006 - 1998 = 8 years. I think that in those 8 years, at least someone may have stumbled upon it and did some tests with it. But if our trio is smart, they will set some timebomb that will destroy the TDE after they traveled into the future.
I'm going to continue on this point because it has more after thoughts. If they made a time travel machine that is able to travel into the future then they destroy all mankind's efforts in some way. Because if they can travel into the future, then SKYNET can also travel into the future in 2029. Meaning that even if mankind defeats SKYNET, SKYNET will able to live because if it is this incredible smart thinking machine, then it would already have thought of sending units into the future to preserve itself if it may be destroyed by humans at some point. Thus in order to secure itself of its survival, SKYNET will send a unit into the future for every decade. So a unit to 204, 2050, 2060, etc etc. This would mean that even if the humans destroy SKYNET, SKYNET will always be there to be back...

Here are more of my feelings towards this serie:

Between t2 and t3 there were no other terminators and now this serie already comes with 2 Terminators in the first episode.
The female terminator looks like shit... "Come with me if you wanna live" I mean, c'mon, did she say it with modern language slang like a human?
The guy terminator has his movements false and the guy terminator not killing sarah but just smashing her head... no no no The guy terminator should really learn to watch out for cars. He gets run over twice:
in the dyson footage (by Sarah) and in the trailer (by the female Terminator).
And then the future jump...

I really don't know

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-Hope: maybe you'll get enough material to re-edit the TV series into a new movie. Terminator 2 1/2?
(Though I'm still holding out for Hamster Terminator).

I think the future shots could be like in the films where it's being described and we see it (or just flashbacks).

There was always weird continuity problems resulting from the T1 plot: destroying the time machine and Judgment Day being too close to allow for movie sequels.

But I will back you up. All of a sudden other Terminators popped up in between 2 and 3?
I don't think the 3rd film ever expressly said there weren't.
I wouldn't mind finding out what happened to Sarah Connor between the films.
That said, I doubt the writers are going to care if they step on the movie continuity or not.
Look at Smallville.

azzrael

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hem hem me wonders if i should look at those spolier links or not...

anyway , to join the conversation i would add this:

it is best to se the terminator stuff in two seperate yet related "production line"

one the one side you have T1 and T2 the two masterpieces brought to us by a high fever dream from director James Cameron

on the other side we have all the rest that has come after that , that is based on T1 and T2 , but is not and never will be as good as.

in my opinion , it is best to see T1 and T2 as a whole , and then think ok.
now other people have used that mythology and based a whole universe on it : the terminator universe (starts of with T3 plus sara connors chronicles)

that way , you know from the start you are not watching A T1/2 wannabe but simply a ... spinoff if you will.

that may be the best way to not be disappointed , plus it could actually turn to be quiet good.

(ergo i'm not sure I wanna se spoilers , I think i really have to let go of those tremendous thrills I had in 1984 and 1991 , and let go of them , and prepare myself for a spinoff)

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So this means the lame time-jump IS going to happen? Damn, this show gets lamer and lamer.

T3 might as well state that no Terminators came back after T2. John says that Skynet sent back two Terminators...he doesn't say they sent back 87 or however many the should will end up dealing with. Also, if they jump to 2006, that nullifies the events of T3 anyway. People say T3 was sacrilegious, TSCC sounds even WORSE.

I really hope this ill-conceived series has no bearing on the Terminator sequels in the works.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only hope we have is that the same production company is making the TV series and new trilogy. You'd think they'd want to coordinate what they do.

But then again they're trying to jump start a new company by buying the rights to Terminator... so there's a chance they couldn't care less.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope they DON'T coordinate, because the TSCC continuity and stuff sounds like total buffalo diarrhea. Let that be the EU or something, I want my future war movies with Nick Stahl an Timothy Olyphant as Reese.

Sprug's decapitated head

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After seeing that girl say "Come with me if you want to live!", i likely won't be watching this crap. That is cheesy as Hell.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's only cheesy because they've used the line 3 times before.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think this looks fantastic.

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I cant decide if that excites me, or fills me with dread.....

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It does both.

You want sucky? Check out the trailer for the CG Clone Wars. Leave it to JL to take something good and ruin it.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The storyline of SCC will suck. Just read the pilot detailed storyline (can't post it because of legal reasons, etc.), but it's contradicting the Terminator stories :-(

I know, the trailer looks cool but the storyline is dip shit.

Top Bottom