• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

3 more Terminator movies without Arnie!

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy fuck - I thought Vader just found out he killed Padme there for a sec.

Oh...and those movies are going to put the uck in suck.

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hang on Warb - on the bright side there are going to be 3 new Terminator films to edit!!! :lol:

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually liked the idea. It needs it. The quality was starting to go down with T3. Hopefully it will be a much needed re-boot like BATMAN BEGINS. (or it could be, lets face it, a descent into CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES)
But I remain hopefull It will all depend on the director. If they announce McG or Brett Ratner, run for the hills... a big storm is coming.

Ilubu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well honestly haveing arnie in all three movies was not the brightest of ideas, arnie was just one model and from the flashback in the first movie it is safe to say that the future was not overrun with his face..

having every single terminator runing around with his face kind of negates the reason for making them look human.

they are perfectly capable of finding someone else to fit his shoes, and personally i would love to see Lance Henriksen star in the role originally ment for him but he would probably break his hip doing the stunts :(

as long as they fix john conner it could be ok.. he has always been a whiney little bitch.. and well i wouldnt have cried if arnie bumped him off... actually in t2 he was whiney.. in t3 he was a bitch

G

Ilubu said:
well honestly haveing arnie in all three movies was not the brightest of ideas,

um . . . He THE Terminator. How could not have in all three?

Ilubu said:
arnie was just one model and from the flashback in the first movie it is safe to say that the future was not overrun with his face..

true, but 3 of the 5 terminators sent back did have his face. Won't that seem out of place with future where NONE of the terminators have his face?

Ilubu said:
having every single terminator runing around with his face kind of negates the reason for making them look human.

true, but some should.

Ilubu said:
they are perfectly capable of finding someone else to fit his shoes

wrong.

Without Arnie these movies will fail. They won't feel like Terminator movies.

That's like making a Planet of the Apes movie without Roddy McDowell, or a Die Hard movie without Bruce Willis.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lance henriksen?nah he's too small

Ilubu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
wrong.

That's like making a Planet of the Apes movie without Roddy McDowell, or a Die Hard movie without Bruce Willis.

your thinking too small, number 3 honestly didnt feel very much like a terminator movie and that had nothing to do with arnold... James Cameron was not part of the project and you can tell, it just wasnt writen or directed like the first 2..

get a solid director, a solid story, a good actor and the movie can be just as good without arnie

xtomo1978x said:

the same could be said for Robert Patrick

dhr001

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:

or a james bond without connery. :wink:

I think it might freshen up the series. I dont think arnold is necessary. The next movies will focus on the future wars, and he doesnt have to be there for that. Just plenty of exo-skeletons. :grin:

hopefully this is the "shot in the arm" that this series needs

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To make matters worse (this is snipped from TVGuide.com):

Fall 2007: The Latest Word on the Hottest Pilots
With the upfronts mere moments (OK, days) away, here is the Hollywood Reporter's report on where each network stands regarding new shows... and some surprising returns:
Fox
Dramas: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is eyed as a companion piece to 24.

I agree, without Cameron these will never be Terminator stories, just more crap thrown out of Hollywood.

Btw, you should edit the subject so it's more descriptive.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
About the Terminator story, the new upcoming trilogy. There are going put in digital Arnold Schwarzenegger. Arnie agreed to have his likeness used in those movies, and the company would bought the franchise rights, also has stock foto's from Arnie during T1 and T2. So they will able to put Arnie's in the movie that will look like our 1984 Arnie or our 1991 Arnie.

So Arnie will somehow be in it (and yeah, I'm a big Terminator fan).

stamper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The real Terminator 3 should have just been located in the future, with an Arnold Cameo. That's the missing part to close the thing with 1 & 2.

If anyone was there in 1986, Cameron already have written a draft for the sequel, that he wanted to shoot post the Aliens release.

It featured Arnold as both a good and a bad Terminator, and Sarah was killed in the movie. The bad terminator was the one who put on armageddon day, and it ended like T3 does. I've been dying to get my hands on a script ever since. No luck.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
About digital Arnold:

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/1124.htm

According to the new Entertainment Weekly to hit the stands next week, there's a very good chance that Arnold's likeness will at least be seen in the new films.

"It looks like California's Governor, the original Terminator, has agreed to at least three more installments of the franchise he made famous, but don't expect to see him on the set.

Derek Anderson, head of Halcyon, the studio that recently acquired the rights to the Terminator franchise, confirmed that Arnold Schwarzenegger has licensed his appearance for three upcoming sequels. "We'll be using computer altered stock images of Arnold. That way we can span his entire career, from the frightening 80's era Terminator to the ice cool T2 version."

And it won't stop there. Annabelle Gross, Schwarzenegger's rep hinted further involvement in the series. "He's signed on as Executive Producer for all three pictures, and we are in talks for further appearance licensing". How much further? Nothing's confirmed, but sources close to the Governor hinted that for additional funds he may be willing to provide his facial features in the form of a cast.

Anderson commented "That would save us some money on expensive CGI".

If you haven't already heard...The Halcyon Co., a recently formed, privately financed film development, production and financing company headed by co-CEOs Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek, has acquired the franchise rights to the popular movie series from C2's Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna, intending to make a new trilogy that would anchor their movie company.

The deal is said to be in the tens of millions of dollars, according to the Hollywood Reporter. "Terminator 4" will be based on a script by John Brancato and Michael Ferris, which was part of the transaction. Halcyon plans to immediately begin preproduction on the film. While no distribution agreement has been set, Halcyon is hoping that "T4" will be ready for release in the first half of 2009.

The deal includes the right to produce any future "Terminator" films, as well as all future merchandising and licensing rights, certain future revenue derived from "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," as well as certain rights in the television project "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and the sole right to produce all future "Terminator" projects in any new or existing media.

Halcyon pursued the "Terminator" rights aggressively for several months, knowing that the series is one of the few recognizable properties out there not in the hands of a major studio. Halcyon also is concentrating on a merchandising and licensing push for the property.

Moritz Borman, who executive produced "T3" as the then-CEO of Intermedia Films, the movie's co-production financial partner, will act as producer on "T4." Former PolyGram Films marketing president Peter D. Graves will be executive producer and oversee marketing of the picture. Kubicek and Anderson will co-produce.

stamper said:
If anyone was there in 1986, Cameron already have written a draft for the sequel, that he wanted to shoot post the Aliens release.

It featured Arnold as both a good and a bad Terminator, and Sarah was killed in the movie. The bad terminator was the one who put on armageddon day, and it ended like T3 does. I've been dying to get my hands on a script ever since. No luck.
Well, James Cameron already wanted a shape-shifting Terminator in The Terminator, but due to the special effects of that time, it was impossible.

For the sequal, T2, James Cameron had the idea off putting two Terminator of the exact same make and model against each. So good Arnie versus bad Arnie. The bad Arnie would have gotten a wound early in the story, so the audience could separate them easilier who was who.

I have never heard anything about Sarah Connor being killed or the bad Arnie launching Judgment Day, but that's perhaps because I was not there in 1986 (I was 3 years old in 1986).

In the T2 novel, Sarah Connor dies in the future during a machine ambush.

But it sounds like a really interesting script if it exists. I only know about the Terminator sequal scripts that James Cameron wrote in 1990.

stamper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This info was obtained straight from Cameron himself by a friend of mine back then, and printed. Cameron didn't do T2 with Hemdale because of bad relationship.

baldur44

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whenever I read about a movie being "fast-tracked" into production, I get nervous. It usually means that they don't have a good script (or aany other pre-production done). This usually means that they choose directors and actors based on scheduling availability over actual ability to do the best job possible.

Not using Arnold doesn't kill this project for me (I am a huge Arnie fan), but it does make the project a tougher sell. The franchises nature definitly leaves it open to other actors (much like the predator franchise.

No Cameron- this is a tough one. My first instinct is to predict disaster, although T3 wasn't a disaster, it was very weak compared to the first two. Action and SFX really saved the third one. The Star Wars franchise would have been much better served without Lucas- so who knows. The right director with the right script could be awesome (which is true for most sequels), but it would all depend on studio interference.

In closing, all we can do is hope...but given Hollywood's track record...

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ilubu said:
Warbler said:
wrong.

your thinking too small, number 3 honestly didnt feel very much like a terminator movie and that had nothing to do with arnold... James Cameron was not part of the project and you can tell, it just wasnt writen or directed like the first 2..

get a solid director, a solid story, a good actor and the movie can be just as good without arnie

xtomo1978x said:

the same could be said for Robert Patrick

robert patrick was a diff terminator

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
stamper said:
This info was obtained straight from Cameron himself by a friend of mine back then, and printed. Cameron didn't do T2 with Hemdale because of bad relationship.
Interesting. I posted a topic about it on our Terminator forum, because I never heard anything about it before.

Top Bottom