• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) 2020 Awards are here.

3 more Terminator movies without Arnie!

5acrifice

Well-known member
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
16
Christian Bale now confirmed to play JC... any thoughts... THOPE?
 

Simba7

Well-known member
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
16
I just read in a Finnish newspaper that John Connor will be played by Christian Bale. I think these 3 movies have great potential, let's hope they will be up to the standard of the first and second movies.
 

joebshmoe

Well-known member
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
36
yeah i just heard about christian bale playing connor and i had a glimmer of hope there. he may just be able to save this new trilogy. that man is a great actor.
 

T-HOPE

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
48
5acrifice said:
Christian Bale now confirmed to play JC... any thoughts... THOPE?
My thoughts... Christian Bale is a great actor. I think he can both play an emotional man and a hardened leader toughened by the war (as John Connor). However, I will always see him as Batman and for me he's hard to see as the new John Connor.
 

Uncanny Antman

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
2,799
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
48
Having been impressed by Bale's acting many times now, I'll bet you money right now T-Hope, that he changes your mind when you see the film.

I reckon he might even become the 'go-to' JC afterwards. :)
 

T-HOPE

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
48
I would actually prefer to have the original future war actor of T2; Michael Edwards. He looked great as John Connor. Plus you havec a link to T2 that the actor looks the same.
 

Simba7

Well-known member
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
16
I liked Bale ever since I saw Equilibrium and American Psycho, and still haven't been disappointed by him. He always gives his characters depth. Anyways, I think the studios needed a known star for the new terminator movies, so they couldn't really go with the Michael Edwards.

By the way, if you hadn't read The book American Psycho, then I highly recommend it - it's much better then the movie, it has it's own unique style that the movie makers weren't able to capture.
 

Uncanny Antman

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
2,799
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
48
T-HOPE said:
I would actually prefer to have the original future war actor of T2; Michael Edwards. He looked great as John Connor. Plus you havec a link to T2 that the actor looks the same.

You'd really want an actor who never amounted to much more than spots on Beverly Hills 90210 and Silk Stalkings over Bale?

Not to mention, 16 years have passed and he no longer acts.

All just for some continuity with a one minute, non-speaking role?
 

T-HOPE

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
48
Uncanny Antman said:
T-HOPE said:
I would actually prefer to have the original future war actor of T2; Michael Edwards. He looked great as John Connor. Plus you havec a link to T2 that the actor looks the same.

You'd really want an actor who never amounted to much more than spots on Beverly Hills 90210 and Silk Stalkings over Bale?

Not to mention, 16 years have passed and he no longer acts.

All just for some continuity with a one minute, non-speaking role?[/quote:3c54lnmh]
He had a great presence in that opening, and I like his looks as John Connor. But yeah, he's probably too old for it. Edward Furlong looks like shit these days, so he's not an option. Nick Stahl has not be signed for T4. So there go the original John Connors. It's a bit annoying that every movie has a different John Connor.

Btw Uncanny Antman, how's your T3 coming along?
 

beckmen

Well-known member
Messages
617
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
16
Bale rocks, he will rule the house down as Connor. 'nuff said.
 

Uncanny Antman

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
2,799
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
48
T-HOPE said:
He had a great presence in that opening, and I like his looks as John Connor.
I certainly agree that he looks great in that shot. :)

But yeah, he's probably too old for it. Edward Furlong looks like shit these days, so he's not an option. Nick Stahl has not be signed for T4. So there go the original John Connors. It's a bit annoying that every movie has a different John Connor.
Quite annoying. That's why (hopefully) having the same Connor for the next few flicks will finally cement the old John in our minds. :)

(Plus, while I really liked Stahl, I thought he looked terrible in his old-age make-up in T3.)

Btw Uncanny Antman, how's your T3 coming along?
So close I can taste it. :)

I've finally sorted out all my NTSC woes, and am now fine-tuning a few bits here and there. The NTSC thing was so frustrating, I almost scrapped the whole thing at one point. :shock:

I work pretty slowly on multiple projects, but I can promise 100% that it'll be done at some point in the [crosses fingers] not too distant future. No vapour-ware for this little black duck! :)
 

T-HOPE

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
48
Uncanny Antman said:
I've finally sorted out all my NTSC woes, and am now fine-tuning a few bits here and there. The NTSC thing was so frustrating, I almost scrapped the whole thing at one point. :shock:

I work pretty slowly on multiple projects, but I can promise 100% that it'll be done at some point in the [crosses fingers] not too distant future. No vapour-ware for this little black duck! :)
Cool, can't wait to see it.
 

T-HOPE

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
48
Real episode 01 of the Sarah Connor Chronicles, thus not the leaked pilot:

*edited by boon23
ehm... no links to this.
we are not pirates here
 
Top Bottom