• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

3 more Terminator movies without Arnie!

DoctorM said:
Btw, you should edit the subject so it's more descriptive.

Done.

T-HOPE said:
About the Terminator story, the new upcoming trilogy. There are going put in digital Arnold Schwarzenegger. Arnie agreed to have his likeness used in those movies, and the company would bought the franchise rights, also has stock foto's from Arnie during T1 and T2. So they will able to put Arnie's in the movie that will look like our 1984 Arnie or our 1991 Arnie.

So Arnie will somehow be in it (and yeah, I'm a big Terminator fan).

what do they think they're making? The PT? This won't work. Also they need more than just his looks, they need his voice. How can it be a Terminator movie without Arnie saying "I'll be back!"?

Ilubu said:
your thinking too small, number 3 honestly didnt feel very much like a terminator movie and that had nothing to do with arnold... James Cameron was not part of the project and you can tell, it just wasnt writen or directed like the first 2..

The new movies won't be directed by Cameron either. So if 3 with Arnie and without Cameron didn't feel like a terminator movie, how bad will the new ones be without either of them?

Ilubu said:
get a solid director, a solid story, a good actor and the movie can be just as good without arnie

I doubt it.

baldur44 said:
The franchises nature definitly leaves it open to other actors (much like the predator franchise.

were any of the predator sequels as big a hit as T1 and T2? Also, Arnie didn't play the predator, he was just the good guy. I never thought much of Predator anyway.

Although I think it is possible to make a good movie without Arnie or Cameron, I think it is extremely unlikely. Mostly they are just pimping an established franchise for whatever money they can sqeeze out of it. When I read "fast-tracked" and "cornerstone of the studio" I think rush the production into theatres so we can make a quick buck.

maybe its a good idea.

arnold1lt2.jpg

arnoldkz5.jpg

arnold2yo6.jpg

baldur44 said:
Although I think it is possible to make a good movie without Arnie or Cameron, I think it is extremely unlikely. Mostly they are just pimping an established franchise for whatever money they can sqeeze out of it. When I read "fast-tracked" and "cornerstone of the studio" I think rush the production into theatres so we can make a quick buck.

yep.

Suggestion:
"3 more Terminator movies without Arnie! Gooooooooood!!!!!"

Ilubu said:
xtomo1978x said:
robert patrick was a diff terminator

and arnie is only one model as well

all 3 cyborg terminators are all the same type just a different No. t101 t800 t850

robert patrick was liquid metal

arnie can't stay young forever. :p

in all seriousness, from what I hear, arnold wants to be a part of the terminator series, but he's old now. hell, the first terminator was made over 20 years ago! with computers, he can, and hopefully will, be a part of the new series for years to come. :)

who knows, he might even lend his voice for new lines.

I didn't want Arnie in T3, and I don't want him in any future installments.

Give me new models...remind me why the Terminators were invented in the first place, as infiltrators. They weren't created so that there would be 100 catch-phrase spewing Arnies running around.

This story about a CG Arnold? Either the story is bogus, or the new owners are incredibly naive. Take your pick.

If I had a choice I'd rather see a True Lies 2 with Arnold.

xtomo1978x said:
Ilubu said:
xtomo1978x said:

all 3 cyborg terminators are all the same type just a different No. t101 t800 t850

To explain it in more detail:

In T2, Arnold was a CSM-101 T-800 Version 2.4. CSM-101 (Model) & T-800 (Make) & Version 2.4 (Version). For T1, we only know that he was a Cyberdyne Systems Model-101 T-800 Terminator / Tactical Infiltration Unit.

Model-101 is the appearance. 101 is Arnold's look, 101 is somebody's else look, etc.
T-800 stands for 800 Series Systems, or Terminator 800 Series Systems. This means the build, the kind of Endoskeleton underneath the skin. So without the skin it's just the plain Endoskeleton and the Model thing has nothing to do with it.

For T3, Arnold plays a T-850, an upgraded version of the 800 Series Systems. It is said T-101 in that movie, and this new abbreviation creates a lot of confusion for some people, thinking that it's a new model-name or make-name. However, T-101 only means a Terminator of the Model-101 series, thus a Terminator with the Arnold Schwarzenegger appearance/face, since Model-101 is the Arnie-look.

Robert Patrick played a T-1000 Advanced Prototype in T2. A mimetic polyalloy; liquid metal.

For the ones, interested, I once wrote an article about it:
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/bitsbyte ... ssion.html

xtomo1978x said:

In T1, a Terminator played by Franco Columbu ruins everybody's shit in a flashback scene with Reese. There are other models.

I am totally on the "No Arnie, no problem" bandwagon and have been since T3 came out. Cameo him, fine. Bring him back in 5 or 6, maybe in a small role. But he doesn't need to be the star. He shouldn't be the star. This series was never about him, anyway. A future war movie focusing on John and the resistance, that is what I want to see.

I want to see movie 1 as a 'Birth of the Resistance' flick. It ends with TechComm's first major victory. No idea what would happen with part 2, but part 3 would pull out all the stops, show the destruction of Cyberdine, Reese going back John dying, etc. The end of the war and the hope for the future.

I think they should get Biehn, complete with X3 style anti-aging, as well. Have him cameo in the first movie, show up later on in the second and then have a major role in the third. Maybe that will allow them to refine the tech to get it to a good place. Or maybe they should just cast Timothy Olyphant.

I am psyched for these movies.

The way I love to see it is like Star Wars OT

T4 with the early years of the war, birth of the resistance (in flashbacks?) and ending with a small victory.
T5 is the mid-period of the war, showing more deadly machines and ending with a victory for the machines. Show some desperate situation for the resistance to struggle with in the end.
T6 is the end of the war, period 2029-2032 in which the resistance finally defeats SKYNET and its forces.

Yeah, exactly. The classic trilogy arc would work great here.

T-HOPE said:
xtomo1978x said:
Ilubu said:
xtomo1978x said:

In T2, Arnold was a CSM-101 T-800 Version 2.4. CSM-101 (Model) & T-800 (Make) & Version 2.4 (Version). For T1, we only know that he was a Cyberdyne Systems Model-101 T-800 Terminator / Tactical Infiltration Unit.

Model-101 is the appearance. 101 is Arnold's look, 101 is somebody's else look, etc.
T-800 stands for 800 Series Systems, or Terminator 800 Series Systems. This means the build, the kind of Endoskeleton underneath the skin. So without the skin it's just the plain Endoskeleton and the Model thing has nothing to do with it.

For T3, Arnold plays a T-850, an upgraded version of the 800 Series Systems. It is said T-101 in that movie, and this new abbreviation creates a lot of confusion for some people, thinking that it's a new model-name or make-name. However, T-101 only means a Terminator of the Model-101 series, thus a Terminator with the Arnold Schwarzenegger appearance/face, since Model-101 is the Arnie-look.

Robert Patrick played a T-1000 Advanced Prototype in T2. A mimetic polyalloy; liquid metal.

You explain it better t-hope,the point im trying to say is if they was a other person to take arnie's roll he would have to be equal in size not lance henriksen he just wouldnt of fit the bill

The T101 should be the exception that proves the rule of the infiltration units. Infiltration units should appear to be everymen, and especially such a dystopian future, that means pretty skinny. Not a hulking body-builder.

but they dont there all the same size

xtomo1978x said:
T-HOPE said:
xtomo1978x said:
Ilubu said:
xtomo1978x said:

You explain it better t-hope,the point im trying to say is if they was a other person to take arnie's roll he would have to be equal in size not lance henriksen he just wouldnt of fit the bill

quote pyramid ftl

one thing, i said i for one would love to see him take the role that was originally ment for him, i know its probably not possible because of his terminal case of the old age but i ment only as a terminator, i never said he should take the role of arnies model and have already said that i did not think it was a good idea to showcase him so much in the movies. he was made to infiltrate so there is no reason the future should be overrun with arnies face

Back
Top Bottom