• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

3 hour fanedit of Dune.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
Glad to see the exposure, but usually when word of something like this bubbles to the zeitgeist, it's usually something that wouldn't pass the academy's scrutiny. I hope it's good, but I have my doubts...
im just reporting the news item.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
im just reporting the news item.

I'm just making a comment on a thread.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frame-rate looks messed up to me.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
I'm just making a comment on a thread.

I would like this post if I could. I lol'd.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
mst3k-ness for the win!

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anyone comes across a 15 hour fanedit of Dune, let me know...

SeaCom

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On the one hand, it's great to see fanedits get any kind of mainstream press coverage.

On the other hand, it's disappointing when a sub-par edit like this (read: video quality. See also that 4-hour Hobbit edit that made news because it came out first) gets so much press. I guess I just wish there was more mention of all the Dune edits (and Hobbit edits, and Star Wars edits, etc.) in articles like this. It'd be nice if this site itself got more coverage.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i dont think this site needs more coverage.
fanedits can be mentioned in articles, but if you get too much coverage, people and companies
may start shutting things down.

Top Bottom