• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

27 Days Later

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We made this anew finally.

Be prepared for:
perfect picture quality
dolby surround 5.1 in ENG GER (and hopefully FRE)
German and English subtitles
16:9 widescreen 1.85:1 NTSC
animated menus
trailer (the old one)
trailershow
maybe some extras.

Audio & Video: done
Cover and Disc art: done

this will be uploaded to RAPIDSHARE and BITTORRENT.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
project completed.
there will be also 2 deleted scenes on the DVD, we re-worked the original menu, so it is kind of cool.
Exactly what this edit deserved.
Will be up probably tomorrow on rapidshare and after that as torrent.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
new & improved? great idea... great edit. thanks CBB. when will it be available on rapidshare?

;-)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and finally a new cover art

3d27dayslaterntsckz3.jpg

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
can someone help me "extract" or whatever i need to do with this. i have it finished, but i have never used the hjsplit tool. i run a ?, can someone guide me to the one i need, and just a little bit of advice on how i go about getting the video files from the final product? much appreciative.

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i run ?, i noticed when i click on the Mac program in the link you gave me, that all of the HJSPLIT programs are zip files. i also noticed that there is a program in the HJSPLIT part for mac called "chunk joiner", is the correct one? or is it the Split & Concat? i have never ran into a file like this on my ?. only fanedit i have had problems with. im just not sure which HJSPLIT to download, and how to extract after i have it. thank you for the help.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hjsplit is a binary joiner GUI - so you can just cat the files together - i do this on linux all the time

ANY time you use this scheme, PLEASE provide an md5 for the parts/final as no binary joiner has error correction (like rar, etc.)

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so i have the "Split & Concat" program, from there what do i do with the 4.27GB file labelled 27DaysLater5.1? it has the option for par files, concat which i am unfamiliar with, and some other option. how do i even begin to extract from here? am i on the right path? sorry for all the questions, but im trying to learn this file type which is new to me. and how do i make a MD5 for it? im just clueless where to begin.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you don't have to create an md5. An md5 is a checksum file, which will report if the files came down properly. It makes no sense for you to create one, because it will make a checksum of what you downloaded, even if it is corrupted.

So, don't create an md5.

I have added an md5 now to the dlc, so if you want it, just download that file with jdownloader. To use it you need hksfv, which you can get from here: http://download.cnet.com/HkSFV/3000-224 ... 57349.html
Install it and run the md5 with it to check the files.

I obviously forgot to name the file properly for this one. It needs an ending and the ending is ".iso" (without quotes).
It is a DVD image. You need a program to burn a dvd from an iso image for it (like imgburn).

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sorry boon, i meant that if an UPLOADER is using hjsplit (binary split) it makes sense to provide a checksum for the parts & whole. otherwise there is no system to verify that the split files and joined product are the same as the original file (i.e. rar/7zip internal error correction)

and now worries about the file naming :) linux doesn't rely on file name identification like other lesser OSes ;)

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
scrapesky said:
so i have the "Split & Concat" program, from there what do i do with the 4.27GB file labelled 27DaysLater5.1? it has the option for par files, concat which i am unfamiliar with, and some other option. how do i even begin to extract from here? am i on the right path? sorry for all the questions, but im trying to learn this file type which is new to me. and how do i make a MD5 for it? im just clueless where to begin.

i cannot use this program either. it is only for Windows. i have a ?. would someone be up for a B+P or a trade? i cannot seem to get my ? to work with extracting this file, or im just having lots of trouble and dont know where to begin. if anyone has ? support to help, im all ears and eyes. thank everyone for your help. i really hope i can get this one. thanks again!

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
guys, im sorry. like i was saying in some of my posts above, i am very familiar with .iso files, .rar files, and tons of others. i just thought that this was a .iso file that needed to be extracted with a certain program. last night after Boon23 pm'd me, i thought for a second, and just burned it as an image with Toast Titanium with my ?, worked absolutely great!

i have downloaded this movie 3 times, because on my ? when you get info (like clicking properties on PC), it wouldn't tell me a file type, so i didn't know what to burn it as. For all i knew it was an MP4, AVI, MOV, or whatever. i kept reading everyone say use IMGBURN to burn it, but Toast works great for any format i throw at it.

thank you everyone for your help. me being a newbie, i din't expect much help, but you guys are very welcoming and helpful. thank you, if there is ever anything in the future i can help anyone with, let me know. thanks again!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and I have now uploaded a new file with proper ending and rar files. :)

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
im sorry if i caused you any time & effort on an already good file. i just thought i had to do a lot of work to extract it. by the way, fantastic fanedit!!! love these movies. i am looking for ? support on helping me with a fanedit of my own. i have removed the audio from a video i need to use, now i am trying to figure out how to attach the correct audio to the video, anybody have a liunk they can give me to help me out, or suggestions on what i can do to achieve this? i have all the files ready, and i use Final Cut Studio Pro for ?, and Final Cut Express. how would i go about putting the correct audio on a video clip?
i know wrong thread or section, but can someone guide me to a link that helps me?

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
im sorry, i use ? instead of typing the words Macintosh or Apple all the time, when i can just hit a couple keys.

on the topic of the thread, this movie is great. i love what you did with it. it seems like as soon as i decide i really like a certain film, i come here and someone has made the movie even better. its great! keep up the great work guys. i am checking out the other section about learning how to use my software (Final Cut Pro & Final Cut Express) for ?. it looks like i can do a lot with it. i have a couple fanedits in mind. i just have to do some studying and practice to make one. hopefully i can get one made for everyone. anyway thank you guys for your help.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
3d_inception.jpg

By AvP

This fan created DVD features interviews with the cast and the director of "Inception".

Disc name: Inception:Making Dreams Reality
Film studio name: Warner Bros. Pictures
Edit crew name: AvP Productions
Date Original Film Was Released: July 16th 2010
Date Disc Was Released: September 12, 2010
Total Preservation Runtime: approximately 132 minutes

disc specs

Type....................: DVD
Video Format............: ntsc
Aspect Ratio............: 16:9/4.3
Audio Format............: Dolby Digital AC3 - 192 kbps
Language................: English only