Download cover art
What kind of fanedit : TF
Original film name: 24: Season 1
New film name : 24 Refocused part 1
Film studio name : Imagine Entertainment
Edit crew name : CasmirRadon
Date Original Film Was Released : 2001
Date Edit Was Released : 2009
Original Run-time : 336 minutes
New Run-time : 135 Minutes
Amount of time Cut: 201 minutes cut
- Cut all scenes with David Palmer and his family going through a family crisis.
- Cut all scenes of Kim Bauer sneaking out and getting kidnapped. We only know what little that Jack and his wife Teri are able to piece together while looking for her.
- Cut nearly all scenes of Teri Bauer looking for Kim, now we just get periodic updates when she talks on the phone with Jack.
- Cut all scenes from the perspective of the bad guys, now we find things out along with Jack and the team at CTU.
- Cut some of the office bickering and annoyances with Tony, Nina, Jamie, and Mason.
- Cut some short mentions of technology that rang false (Jack and Teri saying they "got Kim a password for her email" for example, they should know better in 2001).
- Numerous small cuts to remove annoyances, improve pacing, and make things more consistent.
Fanedit details :
- 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen
- 192 kbs AC3 2.0 audio (same as original DVDs)
- Still menus
- Deleted scene compilations
Intention for this fanedit: To focus the experience on what really works, which is Jack Bauer doing whatever it takes to save the day and rescue his family. I also wanted to make a more believable story with faster pacing.
How intention was achieved:
This is part 1 of a trilogy of movies that tell the story of the entire first season of 24. This first part consists of episodes 1 through 8.
24 is a great story about Jack Bauer, a man who is willing to go to any lengths to triumph against impossible odds. Unfortunately the show gets bogged down with lots of annoying side-characters embroiled in annoying and slow-paced side-plots. By cutting these scenes, the pacing is drastically improved, a great deal of weak plot elements and plot holes are left on the cutting room floor, the show is a lot more focused, and is more enjoyable. For those with fond memories of the show as well as for first time viewers, I believe this is really the ideal way to watch the show.
Hardware and software information :
- DVD Decrypter
- Sony Vegas Pro 9.0
- DVD Lab Pro 2
- Adobe Photoshop CS4
- AMD Triple Core 2.8 Ghz computer with 4 GB RAM, and Vista x64.
Time needed for the edition: 16 days
persons involved: 1
The DVD is on RapidShare. You can find the release on LinkTalk (I've updated that post with the new links), or just PM me and I'll send you the links immediately. Any and all feedback is appreciated.