• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

24 Hour Fanedit Challenge

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've always wondered to myself if it's possible to create an amazing fanedit where there is no mistakes, make it a 10/10 fanedit and do all of this in just 24 hours.
This also includes
- Ripping of any sort of file
- Rendering
- Actual editing
- And uploading it to a streaming platform

I know this can be done, but it would be very hard to do. 
If this has been done before on this site please tell me and if not would you ever planning on doing it.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think you missed the durnk thread

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I don't think this can be done. Even if your actual editing takes zero minutes, it'll take longer than 24 hours to rip, convert, render, and presumably upload a feature-length project.

If your computer is amazing and your internet connection is fiber optic fast, maaaaaaybe that stuff could be done quick, but then you still have to come up with the idea and make it happen. I don't think finishing an edit in 24 hours is something you should want to be able to do. Just my opinion, but the time spent thinking and finding creative solutions and getting feedback from others ends up being noticeable in the final product. It shows the editor cares, and when that stuff is overlooked or skipped, I personally lose interest quickly.

Edit: maybe it could work for a short, like one or two minutes, if you already have a solid idea ahead of time.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
giphy.gif

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should always take your time on edits. Rushing will almost certainly lead to an inferior product.

If the aim of the challenge was to get a first draft done in 24 hours, then that might be ok, providing time was spent refining it afterwards.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’d actually like to see a challenge where a movie is selected and editors participating have a week to put their own spin on it and submit by a given day/time. This gives you time to do your rendering/conversions and then get to work. The object wouldn’t be how perfect it is, but the different ideas that are realized by several different participants.

Of course, real life occurs (hence why I’m not nearly as active as I once was) and that will always hinder something like this, but it’d be neat to see what different approaches can be taken to a given movie.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
24 hours? Sheeeeeeeit... it's hard enough to finish a fanedit in 24 days.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You guys aren't listening. He says he KNOWS it's possible. Shouldn't we trust him?

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
You guys aren't listening. He says he KNOWS it's possible. Shouldn't we trust him?

Trust must be earned or paid for. There is no middle ground.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm aiming for 240 months.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fingers crossed.  It's gonna be a race to the finish.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom